But something touched me deep inside
The day the current catering died
… So bye-bye, minging tasteless Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee
But the levee was dry
Them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing, "This'll be a tasty new pie"
This will be the day that I die

Slightly off topic but I remember years ago mid to late 90s we actually had our own branded crisps and chocolate bars. Also sold them in the rangers shops aswell as Ibrox

I'm going to be a real da' here and say I never cease to be amazed at humanity's inability to go a couple of hours without eating fast food
Agree but the Club are missing out on revenue and what was previously on offer is not befitting of our Club. If we have standards they should throughout the Club in all areas.

Concourse and toilets should be improved soon hopefully as well.

Agree but the Club are missing out on revenue and what was previously on offer is not befitting of our Club. If we have standards they should throughout the Club in all areas.

Concourse and toilets should be improved soon hopefully as well.
No, totally get it - loads of potential revenue

I'm going to be a real da' here and say I never cease to be amazed at humanity's inability to go a couple of hours without eating fast food
That's true but then you could skip lunch and get it at the fitba if it was edible and OK value.

The match day experience is simply the game and some don't even watch that ;)

Food got better last season, but we'll see what this mob manage

Space and ventilation are the two big challenges. Kiosks are tiny in comparison to modern ones and the design of Ibrox means there's no real way to expand without significant restructuring

(Surprised the "how can you not go a couple of hours without food" brigade haven't shown up yet?

It’s not about an inability. Obviously people could eat before or after the game.

It’s part of an event. When I was young I only got to Ibrox a couple of times a season and getting something to eat as part of the full matchday experience was something I looked forward to.

Then there’s the guys who travel for hours, arrive early and like to enjoy a pie during the warm up.

Based on your thinking, we might as well just shut the kiosks. Also, if it’s good, the club with make more money.

If the food is anything like spurs or Chelsea then we’re onto a winner. Was at spurs stadium a few weeks ago and the food was top drawer.

It will be better fare but I will be very surprised if it is not more expensive.

Imagine going to a tasting session with the main hope of what your about to stick in your gob isn't worse than before :D

If they delivered the previous stuff with a knuckle sandwich it would only be marginally worse.
I’m an easy man to please. An edible steak pie and Bovril that doesn’t scald your mouth is all I require.

It’s not about an inability. Obviously people could eat before or after the game.

It’s part of an event. When I was young I only got to Ibrox a couple of times a season and getting something to eat as part of the full matchday experience was something I looked forward to.

Then there’s the guys who travel for hours, arrive early and like to enjoy a pie during the warm up.

Based on your thinking, we might as well just shut the kiosks. Also, if it’s good, the club with make more money.
Very true - I've enjoyed the odd pie myself :shh:

If you want at to eat inside Ibrox you are going to pay through the nose. As with any other sports or entertainment venue. Far better eating before you go or visiting the nearby chippie.
I would have thought that eating / drinking from the kiosks would be beneficial to the clubs revenue.

If you’re in a captive environment there should be good food and drink options!

Go to a football match in Germany. Quality scran and pints.

We should always be striving for a better environment for our fans.

I would have thought that eating / drinking from the kiosks would be beneficial to the clubs revenue.
Of course it is mate, I wouldn't dispute that for a minute. As a punter though, you are paying through the nose, same as you would at any other stadia, any other arena or sporting event. I will occasionally have a pie if I'm starving and haven't had time to visit the chippie on Copland Road - where I can just about get a pie supper for the price of the pie only inside the ground.

I'm all for putting cash into the club - but there are limits.:confused:

This is good news but I wouldn’t get hopes up.

As others have said, stadia like Spurs, Chelsea and concert venues all have the kitchen infrastructure in place to serve better quality food.

And decent choice of edible food and drink at affordable price especially for parents with kids at games.wont happen but .
Thing is, juice out the taps is cheap as feck but many don't buy it as its a rip off.

Make it more realistic and folk will buy more of it

Of course it is mate, I wouldn't dispute that for a minute. As a punter though, you are paying through the nose, same as you would at any other stadia, any other arena or sporting event. I will occasionally have a pie if I'm starving and haven't had time to visit the chippie on Copland Road - where I can just about get a pie supper for the price of the pie only inside the ground.

I'm all for putting cash into the club - but there are limits.:confused:
I'll get grub at the ground only if extremely hungry. It should be better than that.

I'm all for putting cash into the club - but there are limits. :(
Maybe the pies in the Louden are nearer your price range...;)

Going by the photo, I thought ‘that’s a tasty looking burger’ until I realised it was just an ad on the thread page.
3-D402-B9-D-C1-DE-4860-8-C5-F-8-E3-C581-CC553.jpg
Can you imagine trying to carry that back to your seat and as you walk to your seat rangers score :))

Hopefully this is good news. A decent cuppa is all I ask for from you Rangers.
Agreed I hope for the eaters among us this will keep them happy, I know a lot didn’t rate the previous food on offer.

I like a tea or on a cold day a bovril and that’s all so I won’t be sampling the new stuff.

Back