Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Say what you want but they are backing him. Another window of big spending. They are doing this year what we should have last season. Building on a title winning team.
All they have done so far is spend to keep a player from last year and sign a sub keeper on a free. As things stand we still have the better team if we keep everyone we have.

All they have done so far is spend to keep a player from last year and sign a sub keeper on a free. As things stand we still have the better team if we keep everyone we have.
I mean based on that logic and the fact we basically have the same teams from last year, this season will be the exact same as last.

I mean based on that logic and the fact we basically have the same teams from last year, this season will be the exact same as last.
Not really look at the points we dropped from silly mistakes last season if we cut them out we will win the league.

Head out the sand- they won the league by pumping teams , beat us twice when mattered . Wee are supposed to kid ourselves that players a year older n slower are somehow gonna win us the league.

Head out the sand- they won the league by pumping teams , beat us twice when mattered . Wee are supposed to kid ourselves that players a year older n slower are somehow gonna win us the league.
Win 1 nil or pump a team get the same 3 points is it only our players who have got a year older people seem to give celtic far too much credit.

We were 7 points in front of them and they ended up coasting it.

We need to improve big time
Coasting it they won in the end by what 4 points?

We need to improve on dropping points with stupid mistakes but that team got us to a euro final if we could play like that in the league they wouldn't come close to us.

Win 1 nil or pump a team get the same 3 points is it only our players who have got a year older people seem to give celtic far too much credit.
Point is wee couldn't- admire your optimism but come on think about it- the team is done and needs a clear out but instead wee have so far resigned 4 players who couldn't cut it

Coasting it they won in the end by what 4 points?

We need to improve on dropping points with stupid mistakes but that team got us to a euro final if we could play like that in the league they wouldn't come close to us.
They had it won after beating us at home with 3 games to spare from 6 points behind us.

Our euro run and domestic games are two different things as we all saw. We need to improve

Point is wee couldn't- admire your optimism but come on think about it- the team is done and needs a clear out but instead wee have so far resigned 4 players who couldn't cut it
A clear out so who as a regular starter last season shouldn't be a starter next year apart from deciding who will be number 1.

Not buying that at all tbh. They have a younger, fresher squad.

They had it won after beating us at home with 3 games to spare from 6 points behind us.

Our euro run and domestic games are two different things as we all saw. We need to improve
That's what I'm saying though transfer that form over and we would have won the league.

Just seems to be an awful lot of doom and gloom about our team and a lot talking up them because they have spent money we have a solid base of players who if we can keep and add 1 or 2 starters we win the league again.

We can argue till we're blue in the fact about who has the better team and the likes but the crucial part for me is that as it stands we are asking the same core group of players to go to the well for the 5th season on a trot, some of whom have a serious amount of miles in their legs.

These players and the manager deserves a bit of help on that front.

Last edited:
We can argue till were blue in the fact about who has the better team and the likes but the crucial part for me if that as it stands we are asking the same core group of players to go to the well for the 5th season on a trot, some of whom have a serious amount of miles in their legs.

I get that with the likes of Davis Jack and Arfield but majority of our players should now be hitting their prime.

That's what I'm saying though transfer that form over and we would have won the league.

Just seems to be an awful lot of doom and gloom about our team and a lot talking up them because they have spent money we have a solid base of players who if we can keep and add 1 or 2 starters we win the league again.
Its not as easy as that mate. If it was we would have transferred the euro form over last season

A clear out so who as a regular starter last season shouldn't be a starter next year apart from deciding who will be number 1.
Your not making sense, we didn't and couldn't beat them to the league, so by default wee are not as good. Therefore only way to win is to change the players for better 1s. Wee were not unlucky and lost league on goal difference, they outplayed us twice, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United, Ross County and Hearts all matched us for quality on their day

We can argue till were blue in the fact about who has the better team and the likes but the crucial part for me if that as it stands we are asking the same core group of players to go to the well for the 5th season on a trot, some of whom have a serious amount of miles in their legs.

This is my concern

I get that with the likes of Davis Jack and Arfield but majority of our players should now be hitting their prime.

True but another marathon season and Connor Goldson will be at nearly THREE HUNDRED games in 5 years for us.

At some point these players are going to hit a wall if we're not careful.

Are they covering his full wage?

Lost count of how many strikers Chelsea have ruined.
It is understood Lukaku was willing to take a pay cut to rejoin Inter, who won the Serie A title in 2020-21 with him leading their attack.

The Italian club's financial situation meant it was impossible for them to match Lukaku's wages or buy the frontman outright.

However, president Steven Zhang got involved personally in the negotiations on Monday, which was viewed as significant.

Also in for Dybala... Lukaku, Dybala, Martinez... not bad at all.

Your not making sense, we didn't and couldn't beat them to the league, so by default wee are not as good. Therefore only way to win is to change the players for better 1s. Wee were not unlucky and lost league on goal difference, they outplayed us twice, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United, Ross County and Hearts all matched us for quality on their day
Aye celtic outplayed us twice the other teams we were terrible against not like they went up a level against us we dropped levels so about consistency.

Not sure as you said we need a clear out we need players who can be added and improve an already solid base.

True but another marathon season and Connor Goldson will be at nearly THREE HUNDRED games in 5 years for us.

At some point these players are going to hit a wall if we're not careful.
Problem we had last season is Goldson was our most consistently fit defender hopefully now with us having Souttar if he can stay fit and King being part of the first team he doesn't need to play every game.

It is understood Lukaku was willing to take a pay cut to rejoin Inter, who won the Serie A title in 2020-21 with him leading their attack.

The Italian club's financial situation meant it was impossible for them to match Lukaku's wages or buy the frontman outright.

However, president Steven Zhang got involved personally in the negotiations on Monday, which was viewed as significant.

Also in for Dybala... Lukaku, Dybala, Martinez... not bad at all.
Dybala will be some signing on a free.

Its not as easy as that mate. If it was we would have transferred the euro form over last season

Aye celtic outplayed us twice the other teams we were terrible against not like they went up a level against us we dropped levels so about consistency.

Not sure as you said we need a clear out we need players who can be added and improve an already solid base.
Your at the wind up, strange world when coming second is better than first- as I said admire your optimism but no 1 is gonna convince me going again with the same players is gonna win us the league.

Your at the wind up, strange world when coming second is better than first- as I said admire your optimism but no 1 is gonna convince me going again with the same players is gonna win us the league.
Not sure how I'm at the wind up?

This started when someone said celtic are spending they are but just to retain same players as last season not adding I've said we have a solid base of players which we will add to.

Also that we have better players just because they won the league doesn't automatically mean they have better players. Just because we beat RBL and Dortmund does that mean we have better players than them.

Back