Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Not sure how I'm at the wind up?

This started when someone said celtic are spending they are but just to retain same players as last season not adding I've said we have a solid base of players which we will add to.
If wee add then it's a wait n see but so far wee have only resigned players who didn't win the league, and the goalie situation is worrying. But suppose this all hearsay until transfer window closes but I have feeling will be few freebies like last year.

Aye celtic outplayed us twice the other teams we were terrible against not like they went up a level against us we dropped levels so about consistency.

Not sure as you said we need a clear out we need players who can be added and improve an already solid base.
Didn't say we need a clear out m8 i said we need to improve.

The difference is taking the game to teams domestically who are sitting in with ten men behind the ball. Like it or not they were better at breaking they teams down than we were. Thats where our improvement is needed. We need more attacking flair.

If wee add then it's a wait n see but so far wee have only resigned players who didn't win the league, and the goalie situation is worrying. But suppose this all hearsay until transfer window closes but I have feeling will be few freebies like last year.
Goalie situation needs sorted and a left sided CH and a RW but if we keep the rest of the squad and lucky with injuries it's a team that could win the league.

Guessing Juve are having to cut costs.
Yep, still some crazy wages from the good old days being paid.

Dybala scored 82 goals in 210 league games for Juventus but the Italian side declined to extend his stay in Turin when he asked for a net salary of €8m and a €2m bonus — the equivalent of around £373,000 a week.

Didn't say we need a clear out m8 i said we need to improve.

The difference is taking the game to teams domestically who are sitting in with ten men behind the ball. Like it or not they were better at breaking they teams down than we were. Thats where our improvement is needed. We need more attacking flair.
I quoted the wrong post mate seems like I annoyed a load of folk with my claim we have better players man for man than them.

Better at breaking teams down helps when you are allowed to do it when offside.

I quoted the wrong post mate seems like I annoyed a load of folk with my claim we have better players man for man than them.

Better at breaking teams down helps when you are allowed to do it when offside.
They have goals from all over whereas we have the likes of Kent who doesn't get many. Thats the difference and it needs addressed. We neen to have four or five on double figures with our centre forward banging them in.

They have goals from all over whereas we have the likes of Kent who doesn't get many. Thats the difference and it needs addressed. We neen to have four or five on double figures with our centre forward banging them in.
Aribo is the sort that should be getting goals from midfield but just doesn't happen between getting stuck on the right hand side or when he gets a chance not wanting to shoot with his right foot.

I agree we need goal scoring wingers and not just relying on Alfie the have the diver and the Greek.

All they have done so far is spend to keep a player from last year and sign a sub keeper on a free. As things stand we still have the better team if we keep everyone we have.
They’re signing a left back for close to £4m according to sky sports, issue is they speculate to accumulate. Will spent £7m vickers, £6.5m jota, £4m on a left back, good back up goalie on a free.

What do we get? The usual, player has one good game against us so we buy them, the Ross Wilson way.

They’re signing a left back for close to £4m according to sky sports, issue is they speculate to accumulate. Will spent £7m vickers, £6.5m jota, £4m on a left back, good back up goalie on a free.

What do we get? The usual, player has one good game against us so we buy them, the Ross Wilson way.

£4m for Bernabie seems a lot. He's a decent player but I'm surprised they are paying that much.

Seen much of him mate?

Not a huge amount. What I noticed is the same as what has been mentioned by others: decent going forward, not so good defensively. Domestically that may not be an issue but in Europe it will. He's also really small so I imagine teams will try and isolate him at the back post.

With a year left on his deal I'd see it as worth the risk if the fee was smaller. At £4m? Seems high, imo. Who knows, though?

Who has Ross Wilson bought based on them having one good game against us?

Didn’t look the younger fresher side in extra time in the cup semi final after a week off and us having just played extra time a few days before.

Ok so we have better fitness coaches. But looking at the average age of the squads and the signings they've made, how can anyone come to any other conclusion that they're a fresher side than us? Our squad has hardly changed in years.

Out of those young players who would get in our side?

Jota, Abada, Carter Vickers easily. Then you've got guys like Turnbull who pitches in with goals/assists as well.

He said 'the usual, player has one good game against us so we buy them, the Ross Wilson way.'

That suggests this has happened multiple times before? I can't really think of any.
Wright possibly? Kamara, grezda(not sure if he actually played against us) and borna were all mark allen signings im sure.

Ok so we have better fitness coaches. But looking at the average age of the squads and the signings they've made, how can anyone come to any other conclusion that they're a fresher side than us? Our squad has hardly changed in years.

Jota, Abada, Carter Vickers easily. Then you've got guys like Turnbull who pitches in with goals/assists as well.
They've just signed Siegrist from Dundee United on a four year deal as well, so that solves their goalie problem.

Good thing we gave McGregor another year, eh?

I'd give you Jota but abada wouldn't start and carter vickers is a cart horse.

Wright possibly? Kamara, grezda(not sure if he actually played against us) and borna were all mark allen signings im sure.

I don't ever remember Wright standing out, hence my surprise when I heard we wanted him and subsequently signed him. The rest were all Mark Allan signings.

Colak is the only recent example of us signing a player who played well against us and he's not even signed on the dotted line yet either.

I don't ever remember Wright standing out, hence my surprise when I heard we wanted him and subsequently signed him. The rest were all Mark Allan signings.

Colak is the only recent example of us signing a player who played well against us and he's not even signed on the dotted line yet either.
Aye thats what i said mate :))

Turnbull? Holy fucking moly. Too much drink and drugs is bad for you mate. He wishes he was half the player Aribo, who I'm guessing you are replacing from our 11, is. He couldn't get in ahead of Rogic, Hetate and O'Rielly once he was fit ffs. Seek counselling. Abada was more effective on the right than any of ours so he might sneak in. Jota's form fell off a cliff after a really bright start and he isn't better than Kent, so no there. CCV is a big haddy and would be sent off more than Jack and Morelos combined if he wore our shirt given the amount of jersey pulling and fouling he does. He'd be 4th choice behind Goldson, Helander and Souttar on his best day. The amount of arselicking and overhyping of their players on here is vomit inducing. Next you'll be telling us West Ham are getting a bargain if they get Turnbull for 11m but we'd be lucky to get half that for Aribo as he just isn't consistent enough or some other shit. Unbelievable the crap I read on here on a daily basis.

They've just signed Siegrist from Dundee United on a four year deal as well, so that solves their goalie problem.

Good thing we gave McGregor another year, eh?
He is a good keeper and that is decent signing for them. 10 years younger and will be on a fraction of the wage we have just given McGregor - I find that depressing.

He is a good keeper and that is decent signing for them. 10 years younger and will be on a fraction of the wage we have just given McGregor - I find that depressing.

McGregor has probably taken a wage cut to stay - it would make no sense for us to keep him on the same wage, and it probably would have been done a lot earlier if that was the case.

Yep, still some crazy wages from the good old days being paid.

Dybala scored 82 goals in 210 league games for Juventus but the Italian side declined to extend his stay in Turin when he asked for a net salary of €8m and a €2m bonus — the equivalent of around £373,000 a week.
That's terrible maths from where ever you got the bolded bit from... it's £165k a week... 373k a week is €22 million odd

Jota AND Abada? Both are right wingers.

I'd give you Jota but abada wouldn't start and carter vickers is a cart horse.

Abada just turned 20 and scored and assisted double figures in his first season...

CCV was the best defender in the league last season by a country mile.

Turnbull? Holy fucking moly. Too much drink and drugs is bad for you mate. He wishes he was half the player Aribo, who I'm guessing you are replacing from our 11, is. He couldn't get in ahead of Rogic, Hetate and O'Rielly once he was fit ffs. Seek counselling. Abada was more effective on the right than any of ours so he might sneak in. Jota's form fell off a cliff after a really bright start and he isn't better than Kent, so no there. CCV is a big haddy and would be sent off more than Jack and Morelos combined if he wore our shirt given the amount of jersey pulling and fouling he does. He'd be 4th choice behind Goldson, Helander and Souttar on his best day. The amount of arselicking and overhyping of their players on here is vomit inducing. Next you'll be telling us West Ham are getting a bargain if they get Turnbull for 11m but we'd be lucky to get half that for Aribo as he just isn't consistent enough or some other shit. Unbelievable the crap I read on here on a daily basis.

A lot of waffle but nothing really said. Jota was nominated for POTY in his first season, Kent was poor domestically. I don't necessarily rate Turnbull that highly, but he's a midfielder who scores and assists - something we don't really have. As I said above, CCV was the best defender in the league and he strolled just about every game for them.

If Celtic get £10m+ was Turnbull then hats off to them. Not worth that IMO but it's more than we get for any of our "top" players.

Jota AND Abada? Both are right wingers.

Jota played left and Abada right a lot of the time.

Our squad has hardly changed in years.
Nail on head and its particularly concerning after we both failed to build from a position of great advantage (after 55) and now are slow to build from a position of having to chase (after no 56).

The constant deriding by some of Celt!c's transfer moves is beyond ridiculous and the realities are theyve done superbly well in both acquiring players they needed to improve their team and then selling others on for profits which fuel the subsequent purchases.

There is another thread about excitement levels going into this new season and looking at how Rangers have resigned players clearly no longer good enough to make the required contribution it is not a good sign.

Most likely any buys that are made will simply be to replace any sales and overall we are not even going to be any better than we were last season. Which by definition makes us worse.

You just named 4 “young players” you would take. We could do the exact same, Bassey, Kent and Aribo (both a year older than carter vickers) then Lowry. Admit that Lowry is just breaking into the team but he looks like he will make the step up this season. Can’t believe you say young fresher players then name Turnbull who can’t complete 90mins and is honking anyway! But if you want another who pitches in with goals and assists “like Turnbull” then we have Hagi.

Abada just turned 20 and scored and assisted double figures in his first season...

A lot of waffle but nothing really said. Jota was nominated for POTY in his first season, Kent was poor domestically. I don't necessarily rate Turnbull that highly, but he's a midfielder who scores and assists - something we don't really have. As I said above, CCV was the best defender in the league and he strolled just about every game for them.

If Celtic get £10m+ was Turnbull then hats off to them. Not worth that IMO but it's more than we get for any of our "top" players.

Jota isn’t a better player than Kent.

Not buying that at all tbh. They have a younger, fresher squad.
I would t say that they were out on their feet April may

We lost he league due to McGregor’s mistakes

Hearts Ross county Motherwell

6 points dropped

They also benefited from the most corrupt ref decsions going

Hearts Dundee Utd hibs Livingston

Which would have resulted in 8-10 points dropped

The penalty descions Vickers got away with at Ibrox were also shocking not mention the biggest analomy in world football bookings to foul ratios

Jota isn’t a better player than Kent.
He just scores and assists more.
That’s the issue, Kent can be as good as he wants, but his final contributions are way too low for a player of his ability.

Arsenal are leading the race for Fabian Ruiz, although Newcastle are also interested in the Napoli midfielder, according to Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport.

The Gunners have been busy in the transfer market this summer and completed the £34m signing of Fabio Vieira from Porto on Tuesday to add to the arrivals of Marquinhos and Matt Turner.

Arsenal going for it this summer.

Arsenal are leading the race for Fabian Ruiz, although Newcastle are also interested in the Napoli midfielder, according to Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport.

The Gunners have been busy in the transfer market this summer and completed the £34m signing of Fabio Vieira from Porto on Tuesday to add to the arrivals of Marquinhos and Matt Turner.

Arsenal going for it this summer.
Marquinhos the guy from PSG?

Sold by Brown and signed by Barton again

Are you the guy that was going on about Celtic getting more points than us in the group stages last season?

You seem to love talking them up.

Bizarre.

Back