The Daily Mail story which says Lewis Ferguson is wanted by two European clubs but doesn't name them?

Arfield for starters. You've also got Davis in his last year, Jack will pick up injuries, Kamara may soon be away as will Aribo be.

Lawrence, Ferguson, Colak and Bottheim and a LWB. 5 signings. I'd of also tried for a keeper but we decided on keeping mcgregor
You mean he will replace either Arfield or Davis on the bench? That’s no way to be spunking money.

Lewis Ferguson
22 years old
Scottish
38 club goals
23 assists for Aberdeen and Hamilton ffs
4 caps
Rangers fan With family ties to the club

Rangers Fans: Nah he's sh**e!

David Turnbull
22 years old
Scottish
36 club goals
23 assists most of which are with Celtic
5 caps
Celtic pay £3.5m for him and he's a fan favourite

At some point we'll need to realise we're part of the problem here. Lewis Ferguson should be a priority here

Who does he play ahead of from our current options that we have available to us? 13 of his last 20 league goals for Aberdeen have been penalties and 9 or 10 of his goals last season were penalties he simply isn't what we need or looking for. Only thing he would be useful for is his dad or uncle to tell the media what's happening with our transfer business.

If the only bid in right now is Millwall at 1.5m then I would be happy if we matched it and got him for that. The sheep are rumoured to be wanting 3m and that is an unrealistic price
If they wouldn’t sell him to Millwall for that there’s no chance we will get him for the same price.

Report earlier said Millwall bid £1.5m and Aberdeen want £2m. Likely means he’ll go for a bit less than that.

Article states they want double of the £1.5m Millwall bid.

Article states they want double of the £1.5m Millwall bid.

That’s where it says £2m. No idea what the right info is.

Eleven goals from midfield same as Morelos has this season in the SPFL regularly scores against the scum only 22.
Doing well for himself has earned his move.

Want him nowhere near the Club. Leaking like a sieve to his Dad and Uncle when they go on that fecking awful Open-goal podcast.

On what planet is he a journeyman? He's 22 and got a good goal record from midfield, although admittedly takes penalties. People on here don't like him because of his name.
He’s not a journeyman. He’s just not very good. Aside from one goal in a cup semi v us, I struggle to recall any decent performances from him against us and not many more against them. Not a great range of passing, gets booked far too much, and though he has scored goals, most are penalties.

Would need to be reprogrammed. Stop the instantaneous diving and carping at referee's. I have an intense dislike for him.

Some think he is good enough, some don't.

The bottom line is, for Aberdeen to sell to us, he'd likely cost minimum £3m. He's not close to being worth that.

The family ties should mean nothing

Its good to have home grown prods in the team.
2 will go next season in mcgregor/ davis .
2 years left on his contract, offer 2 million or a million in a year

Who is he replacing in our team? I don’t want us to spend a single penny on squad players this summer.
Every player is a squad player.
The idea is to make any drop in standard from “first pick” to replacement as seamless as possible.

Thought the sheep wanted more money? Didn’t they want something like 4 million for him?

I honestly think the disdain for this lad is more about his family connections than his ability.

I think he'd be on a hiding to nothing if he came here.

Footballing wise, he'd constantly be compared to his da and uncle

Off the park, the manager wouldn't be able to fart in the dressing room without it getting back to his da and uncle and it being in the papers the next day.

He's not a bad player. He's just not good enough for the hassle.

I think he'd be on a hiding to nothing if he came here.

Footballing wise, he'd constantly be compared to his da and uncle

Off the park, the manager wouldn't be able to fart in the dressing room without it getting back to his da and uncle and it being in the papers the next day.

He's not a bad player. He's just not good enough for the hassle.
All very true.

Lewis Ferguson would play well in a Rangers side. I hate to think what the comments would have been when Jack signed
Sent off every second week if wearing a Rangers shirt. Wont get away with the same amount of fouls in a blue jersey.

Lewis Ferguson would play well in a Rangers side. I hate to think what the comments would have been when Jack signed
It is a difficult one.
I like him as a player, he has a physicality that suits Scottish football and he can score a goal.
One lesson from Ryan Jack was that you don't get away with the same physical approach in a blue shirt as you do for Aberdeen.
It took a while to change Ryan's game to teach him to stand up and not dive in.
It would be the same for young Ferguson.
Could he make the step up?
Who knows but it wouldn't be an expensive gamble and the lad is tuned into the club, always a good start.

my mate, is over in Cork pre season with Millwall, he's a sponsor. Says the Dutch fella looks class

I mentioned him not long after GvB was appointed. Cracking player, not only is he attack minded but very physical.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship. If he kicks on I can see him moving to the Premiership.

Back