Andy Goram. 1964 - 2022. RIP The Goalie

Rest easy Andy Goram, a true Rangers Legend and the best goalie I have had the pleasure of watching in the flesh.

I'm not one to display grand gestures of emotion but I genuinely felt saddened on reading this news.

I began to cry when reading it out to my Mum.
She was a big fan of the Goalie.

This emotion is heartfelt, because Andy was one of us.

On seeing Andy with Sandy Lyle recently, he reminded me of my own Dad - as both had the same gaunt look just before he passed away.

Rest Easy Fellow Bear.

Even though we knew this was coming, it doesn't dampen the shock or lessen the sadness that this news brings. RiP Goalie

Very sad, one of the greatest! That save against PVH is the greatest save I’ve ever seen, never has a keeper broken the spirit of a team the way he did against them! Rest easy!

58 is far too young to be leaving this life. But one thing you could never accuse Andy Goram of, is saving some excitement for the next life. He lived his time among us to the full and then some.

RIP Goalie

Thanks for the memories and the joy you gave us.

Gave me some of my best memories growing up.

Condolences to his family & friends.

RIP Andy

A sad sad day , a privilege to watch him in his prime, must admit I have a tear in my eye reading this. RIP Andy

Can’t believe it was that quick cancer really is a bastard of a disease R I P goalie

I will never forget that save he pulled off from van huge donkey… at Ibrox breath taking.. god bless, heavens no 1 keeper

RIP Goalie. Not unexpected but we can all take some comfort that he’s no longer suffering. Best wishes to Andy’s family

Just awful.

My boyhood hero, absolutely adored him. Unbelievable that he’s passed away so young.

What a goalkeeper he was. Genuinely heartbreaking.

Rest in peace Andy.

You will forever live in the memories of your loved ones, teammates and us fans. A true legend in every sense.

Back