Rangers dream scene print

Lizzie1981

Been offered chance from the club to purchase one of said prints.
One of 150 but over £500.
Anyone think it's worth it as an investment as in today's financial climate its lot money..
Thoughts folks??

Be aware of the major error in the print before purchase. Some have still bought regardless, depends on your viewpoint.

I think it's really a decision for you to make, there will be hundreds who would snap your hand off for one though.

Might make it even more valuable?
That’s what the people who have bought them keep saying.

Whether true or not is another matter. I’ll wait and see if it gets sorted for the next run if there is to be one. Also seen some horrendous alteration to Ally on it as well, looks like a photoshop job because the original sketch looks nothing like him.

That’s what the people who have bought them keep saying.

Whether true or not is another matter. I’ll wait and see if it gets sorted for the next run if there is to be one. Also seen some horrendous alteration to Ally on it as well, looks like a photoshop job because the original sketch looks nothing like him.
Pardon my ignorance here but if it's limited to 500 how can there be another run??

That print is awful. The original, sitting on the wall above the members lounge is so out of place. I know that it's getting moved to the museum, but it's awful nonetheless.

Don’t think this is a good painting tbh. So much wrong with it, some dimensionals, i.e. hands to arms out, legs short/ long, Laudrup and Ally faces etc. ( and the glaring mistake). That’s what put me off purchasing when it came out.
Yes I agree with you mate. I got to Cooper and looked at the ball on his foot. All out of proportion..

McGregor is also wearing a kit he wore in the 2008 LCF win but has a League Winners Medal around his neck when we didn’t win the League that season.

Its good but the errors on it has made me not buy it. It would drive me mad looking at it knowing it’s wrong.

Ridiculous it went to print like that. They should always get a random mix of fans to look over it. I would have pointed that kit and the team sheet being wrong at the first viewing.

McGregor is also wearing a kit he wore in the 2008 LCF win but has a League Winners Medal around his neck when we didn’t win the League that season.

Its good but the errors on it has made me not buy it. It would drive me mad looking at it knowing it’s wrong.

Ridiculous it went to print like that. They should always get a random mix of fans to look over it. I would have pointed that kit and the team sheet being wrong at the first viewing.
Maybe I can't see it but I feel Advocaat should've had something representing him in the picture.

I have a print although didn't pay anywhere near what the OP is saying so presume I just have a standard version.

I really like it to be honest.

It also came with a print of the original pencil sketch, which is interesting to compare to the final version as there are changes (the sketch has 11 names on the team sheet for a start).

It also had a book where the artist explains what they have tried to do. They have tried to fit as much in as possible, and it is a 'dream scene' so the McGregor example above is explained as the strip from his 2008 heroics but with his face and medal from the 55 season.

Mccoist is also wearing his adidas golden boot in the League Cup Final where he scored 3 against Celtic, when he actually had Umbro boots on that day and he wouldn't win the golden boot until several years later, it is explained as being able to put a few key facts about Mccoist into the one painting.

I really like it to be honest OP, it is certainly not perfect but it is a painting, and far far better than anything I could do so who am I to judge.

If you like it, you want it and can financially justify it, go for it.

It has previously been explained as artistic license to reflect the longevity of his Rangers career,not an error.

I think that’s been a line thrown about after the %^*& up has been revealed to be honest. Davis doesn’t have anything to signify his longevity either, does he?

You are correct and not sure why someone laughed at your answer.

This place is toxic recently.

I won't buy something that isn't obviously correct.

I won't buy that. I won't buy our sportemongo top even though I like both.

It's horrendous! Don't blind yourself to the multiple errors and bad depictions just became it's a Rangers thing. Really bad, really poor and meant to be on our anniversary FFS. Who gave that the okay?

Honestly, start again and do it properly. Bin the original.

I should say I absolutely love the idea if it's done properly.

Have you heard of copyright law and taking food out the mouths of artistic creators. Horrific statement. Jesus christ.
Reminds me of Only Fools and Horses.

Rodney in the market - ‘People round here don’t pay £85 for a painting, people round here don’t even pay £85 for a car’.

I don’t agree with counterfeiting, but when you’re charging £500 for a canvas to fans of a predominantly working class team, then don’t act surprised when people look for alternatives.

That’s an absolute shambles. Embarrassing to be brutally honest.

I’m sure there will be posters along to “happy clap” and justify the club’s/board’s actions here.

Mcgregor looks like a junkie in it. Some good likenesses but some not so good. Mistakes a plenty, would annoy the life outta me looking at it in my house tbh

In general, I think some of the nods to the past and subtle details are brilliant.

Jimmy’s kit box, the king of Ibrox, our oldest trophy, our 4 European finals, big Marv, the idea of the team sheet, amongst other things - and there is plenty more.

Henderson’s omission from the team sheet we something I picked out very quickly after it was released, made even worse but the fact Henderson we seemingly at its reveal event.

It really ruins it. Amazing someone signed off on it, especially when you imagine the likes of David Mason would have viewed it.

It’s also incredibly difficult to get everyone, or every form of acknowledge in it. However, Wilton and Vallance should certainly have been in it.

Back