Who will be this seasons Bassey?

Nah, in all seriousness any number of players could develop this season.

Hopefully more than one, but if I was to pick, then I’d say Lowry but I doubt it’ll be as meteoric as Bassey’s.

Adam Devine

I also think Scott Wright will come into his own this season. Whether that is deemed ultimately good enough for us remains to be seen but I think he will press on and put in more displays that we seen at the end of the season

By the season end (if not January), we'll be discussing the very real possibility of Alex Lowry following Nathan Patterson down the road for big money.

Don't @ me.

Scott Wright. For some reason the Rangers Das haven’t taken to him (probably his haircut). He’s a very very under rated footballler. I see what Gerrard seen in him. If Gio does the same we are onto a winner.

Scott Wright. For some reason the Rangers Das haven’t taken to him (probably his haircut). He’s a very very under rated footballler. I see what Gerrard seen in him. If Gio does the same we are onto a winner.
Disagree with the hope you see in him. His decision making is so poor. He's a good honest squad player that's an upgrade on Jones/Barker IMO

Scott Wright really impressed me at the tail end of last season. Lowry I think will kick on this season. Bassey is just amazing!

I really hope Sakala but I've got a bad feeling it'll be more of the same from him, don't think he's got enough in him to really step up. Lowry really does seem to be the real deal, he's got something about him that could be legendary

I watched the Cup Final with two scousers who spent most of the match (when they were, ironically, slagging rhe SPL for being a 2-horse race) saying that they should sign Bassey as back-up for Van Dyke

I can't see anyone progressing at the rate that Bassey did last season.

The player I think that might start getting attention globally from marked improvement is probably Hagi. I think Gio will tactically adapt to get the best out of him, whereas Gerrard tried to fit Hagi into his style.

I also expect improvement from Lowry, Sakala, and Wright. I can't see this being significant enough for huge transfer sums to be rumoured.

No one saw Bassey coming. At least not to the levels he got to.

As a result this question is impossible to answer.

I really hope Sakala but I've got a bad feeling it'll be more of the same from him, don't think he's got enough in him to really step up. Lowry really does seem to be the real deal, he's got something about him that could be legendary
He needs first team games and he needs to make some mistakes to grow into the player he needs to be. Probably could do with some bulking up but that should happen over the next 12-18 months

I can't see anyone progressing at the rate that Bassey did last season.

The player I think that might start getting attention globally from marked improvement is probably Hagi. I think Gio will tactically adapt to get the best out of him, whereas Gerrard tried to fit Hagi into his style.

I also expect improvement from Lowry, Sakala, and Wright. I can't see this being significant enough for huge transfer sums to be rumoured.
Hagi was lost under GVB before his injury. Aribo was played centrally behind the #9 in early games which worked really well initially

Sakala best position is LW, unfortunately Kent is a stick on for that position most games

John Souttar. Assuming he stays fit. Hes going to make a huge difference with his distribution.
If he can stay fit like you say he will be a massive plus to our side. A proper centre half who loves defending his own box. We lost way too many goals at the near post last season. I reckon when souttar plays that won’t happen as often. Granted he was busier defending with Hearts than he will be with us but he wasn’t in the right place at the right time by chance.

Totally agree mate.Lowry has to be more involved regularly. He clearly has the ability but I love the fact he knows he can play a bit

Hopefully young Lowry.

If he gets his chance the sky’s the limit for the lad. However, the Ibrox faithful will need to be patient with him. He’s a confident boy, who tries things others don’t, and that means they don’t always come off. We need to allow him to make his share of mistakes without rattling his confidence.

I think it will be a few players. We’ve seen massive changes in certain players since Gio came in.

Sakala, Wright, Lowry, Hagi and King could surprise a few.

To be frank bassy only had a terrible performance because he was thrown in at centre back in a pretty high level game. He always performed well before then.

To judge it from Prague onwards is a bit disingenuous

Hagi was lost under GVB before his injury. Aribo was played centrally behind the #9 in early games which worked really well initially
He was also consistently trusted by Gio until his injury. He played every game, except for Hearts away.

He was also consistently trusted by Gio until his injury. He played every game, except for Hearts away.
He was really bad in a few of them. I thought he'd have been "freed" under gios more technical style, but it didn't really happen

Hopefully the recovery from injury and proper pre season with the manager can sort that

Adam Devine

I also think Scott Wright will come into his own this season. Whether that is deemed ultimately good enough for us remains to be seen but I think he will press on and put in more displays that we seen at the end of the season
I thought devine looked excellent but unless Tav gets injured he isn't getting the chance to shine. Bassey got lucky in a way, he benefitted from Hellnader being injured and Borna losing his confidence. If bassey want able to cover bot positions I don't think he has quite as impressive a season.

Let's be honest, if anyone can progress half as well as he did last season then it will be great but can't see his rise being replicated.

He was really bad in a few of them. I thought he'd have been "freed" under gios more technical style, but it didn't really happen

Hopefully the recovery from injury and proper pre season with the manager can sort that
Let's hope so. I agree at times he didn't look great, but he still found moments in games to make an impact.
Regardless Gio kept trusting him.

I'm also hopeful because we didn't see the real GVB the manager in those early months. He started being more flexible with tactics around Feb/March onwards. That's what makes me think he might be good for Hagi.

H
Let's be honest, Gio may have trusted him but he didn't play to his strengths. Asking hagi to chase balls down the wing just isn't his game. Let him play central, where he can pick defense splitting passes.

Let's hope so. I agree at times he didn't look great, but he still found moments in games to make an impact.
Regardless Gio kept trusting him.

I'm also hopeful because we didn't see the real GVB the manager in those early months. He started being more flexible with tactics around Feb/March onwards. That's what makes me think he might be good for Hagi.
Hagi was really underated in the title run, his assists and goals in the first half of the season were critical

Lowry and Wright.

Lowry for his obvious potential and Wright because he's really flourished under Gio, particularly towards the end of the season.

Maybe Hagi makes a comeback to the player he was 20/21?

I have a funny feeling Leon King will get a chance at some point, and just become undroppable.

That's pretty much how it worked for Bassey, he grabbed his opportunity and dinsnt look back.

King will also get physically stronger throughout the year, and we'll be talking about £25m+ bids for him next summer.

Hagi was really underated in the title run, his assists and goals in the first half of the season were critical
He makes things happen in tight games. He is a game changer, and a real talent.

He lacks pace, but there's not much need for it against a 10 man defence most of the time anyway. His football IQ and desire to win are invaluable.

Back