Safe standing set to go ahead in premier League and championship

All teams in both leagues allowed safe standing areas

Yet our own board refuses this while the other lot have done this for a while now

The club couldn't be more obvious that they have absolutely no interest is spending money on something that will lose them money (assuming standing tickets will be less than seated).

Not really top of the priority list for me
Yeah, I too favour a safe standing area for those who want it. Sure I read somewhere that the steps at Ibrox are too shallow though and we would need deeper. That makes it a costly building operation and probably best saved for when we are more fully financially stable. I also assume the 1:1 criteria will still apply (doesn't confirm in that report on England).

Last edited:
i think it's clear that our board (for whatever reason)do not want to go down the road of safe standing at Ibrox,

Tbh I’d be happy just moving the union bears to the middle of the broomloan for now.

It's been said many times before, won't work unless they took up the whole of Front, Folk sitting in BF1 or BF5 would end up with a restricted view.

For me a disabled facilities upgrade is far more important.

The European games last year prove that we can create an outstanding atmosphere.

It's been said many times before, won't work unless they took up the whole of Front, Folk sitting in BF1 or BF5 would end up with a restricted view.

The European games last year prove that we can create an outstanding atmosphere.
My seat is in bf5 and everyone stands

Should be way down our priority list, disabled fans and other areas like the toilets should come before the myth that being allowed to stand will suddenly turn Rangers v Kilmarnock on a Wednesday night into River v Boca.
Totally agree, a lot of other issues need addressed before this is looked at.
But probably would like the club to poll season ticket holders on their thoughts on it, actually think it would put the whole thing to bed.

The whole of the broomloan front is more or less a standing section.i haven’t sat in my seat once since I got my season ticket for the bf
This is a good point, how much difference would making it a proper standing section actually make to what it's like just now, genuine question?

FWIW I hope those that want the safe standing get it.

This is a good point, how much difference would making it a proper standing section actually make to what it's like just now, genuine question?

FWIW I hope those that want the safe standing get it.
less and less of the away support in corner are sitting either.games v the manky mob or in Europe you look at the stands and nearly all the front sections are standing

Am in BF2 everyone stands

The club couldn't be more obvious that they have absolutely no interest is spending money on something that will lose them money (assuming standing tickets will be less than seated).
I’m sure it would be same cost as a seated ticket and the union bears have allready offered to fundraise towards the cost of the work , I’m led to believe john greig is against the project possibly because of the Ibrox disaster that he witnessed first hand .

I'm a supporter of safe standing. The whole of the Broomloan lower should be safe standing. People forget that you only rent the ticket from the club. For everyone that doesn't want it, there are plenty of others who will. The scum have done it and are doing another safe standing section again. Why are we so behind the times?

Practically nobody sits in the Broomloan anyway. It would afford those who want to sit an opportunity to move.

Would be interesting to know what a conversion would cost?

Fundraiser by the fans, for the fans.

It’s badly needed
I’m sure there’s many fans that would pay an extra enhancement on their ST cost to cover the installation

The reason we won’t get safe standing is because the club don’t want to upset people by having to relocate them and I firmly believe certain club ambassadors/legends will be against it due to the disaster

Tbh I’d be happy just moving the union bears to the middle of the broomloan for now.
I’d fully support this but the club won’t do it as the club would need to relocate 200-300 fans from BF3 to BF1 to make it happen

The view in Row A of BF1 is better than that of BF3 so the people affected would be getting a better view in return. Club could offer them a slight discount and off-set cost by charging people moving in a one-off fee for the switch

Crystal Palace done similar for their HF group and their atmosphere has improved

I’m sure there’s many fans that would pay an extra enhancement on their ST cost to cover the installation

The reason we won’t get safe standing is because the club don’t want to upset people by having to relocate them and I firmly believe certain club ambassadors/legends will be against it due to the disaster
The disaster wasn't caused by standing inside the stadium so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Safe standing has been around for years in Germany and its time the club at least releases plans for it. I fully understand that financially we aren't where we need to be yet and there's no way the club will accept fundraised money by supporters for it.

Just give the fans plans of what the club can work towards along with improved disabled facilities.

Should be way down our priority list, disabled fans and other areas like the toilets should come before the myth that being allowed to stand will suddenly turn Rangers v Kilmarnock on a Wednesday night into River v Boca.
As much as I would be all for safe standing your points are spot on.

The disaster wasn't caused by standing inside the stadium so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Safe standing has been around for years in Germany and its time the club at least releases plans for it. I fully understand that financially we aren't where we need to be yet and there's no way the club will accept fundraised money by supporters for it.

Just give the fans plans of what the club can work towards along with improved disabled facilities.
It’s been mentioned in virtually every discussion there’s been on here about safe standing.

I wasn’t born at that time but I’m aware of how it happened and that it isn’t directly comparable.

Why not? The club were happy taking £ so fans could have their names on their seats. The club happy selling all sorts of add ins no one wants to raise £

Don’t We still have photos of Chris Burke in the toilets and 90s tvs in the stands and folk think safe standing may happen at some point haha

Disabled facilities should be the priority if anything
The disabled facilities issue is a disgrace that this is not been sorted out,agreed this should be number 1 concern for the club.
On the safe standing the board also refuse to take there fingers out there ears to listen to the fans there just not intrested,if most clubs in the uk go with this you can be certain we will be one of the last im afraid.

It’s been mentioned in virtually every discussion there’s been on here about safe standing.

I wasn’t born at that time but I’m aware of how it happened and that it isn’t directly comparable.

Why not? The club were happy taking £ so fans could have their names on their seats. The club happy selling all sorts of add ins no one wants to raise £
It just seems like another excuse whilst everyone else is moving on with safe standing.

If they were to accept it they would've done by now.

I'd love it if they gave the fans the opportunity to contribute towards but they won't as the interest seems to be zero. It's disheartening especially when we have the UB who want to improve the atmosphere at Ibrox.

Maybe they could raise the price of MyGers to £100 to cover the cost of safe standing;):p

Maybe they could raise the price of MyGers to £100 to cover the cost of safe standing;):p
I’d happily contribute to a debenture type scheme/pay extra on my ST as a one-off or donate towards fundraising to cover the cost

I wouldn’t expect the club to pay to install it. I’m sure others for safe standing would be similar

I won’t lie and say I know how much each seat costs, I’m sure someone will know though

I’d happily contribute to a debenture type scheme/pay extra on my ST as a one-off or donate towards fundraising to cover the cost

I wouldn’t expect the club to pay to install it. I’m sure others for safe standing would be similar

I won’t lie and say I know how much each seat costs, I’m sure someone will know
I have no idea, like 99% on here

Robertson has had zero appetite to do this after the Steve Clarke debacle a while back. That ended it, imo.

Back