Colak

Pvt. Hudson

Did he actually touch the ball tonight? Where was the fight and dig? Sakala isn’t the greatest but he would have ran his heart out tonight.

A very frustrating and disappointing night and you couldn’t give any of the players any pass marks. They were all mince.

Not sure why anyone has high hopes for him. Look at his career history. He’s a journeyman striker who’s never exactly set the heather on fire apart from a short spell in Sweden.

I think he’ll get goals against the SPL dross but He’s never going to be near the level of Alfie or a fully fit Roofe.

The next Garner, Herrera, Itten type of striker who is tall and lacks mobility or any decent attributes.

Why we sign these planks of wood is beyond me, hate those types of strikers.

Is he better than Morelos, Roofe, Kyogo or Giakoumakis? Why bloody sign him then

My worry is his lack of any real movement. Yes he drags defenders around a wee bit but theres no point when there is no one else up there with you.

I cant remember, any time in the last 180 minutes, where he has come into midfield to try and get involved - the way Morelos does when play is passing him by.

He's just not Alfie is he.

Meant to be a Defoe Replacement I guess. Doesn't offer much but get the ball to his feet and he should score.

Hard to judge him fully when he gets almost no service. But I agree we could have done better for a backup striker.

He created the one chance in the second half that was an easy tap in if anybody made a run.

Sakala wouldn't have managed to make the defence move the ball any quicker, the midfield less static or stop Jack and Kamara constantly giving the ball away tbh.

Looks like 1.8million was overpriced.

We spend 7million on a winger, 4 on a left back , yet less than 2 on a striker

We got lucky with Morelos , going to be very fortunate to get as good as that in that price range again

He is a huge issue in this side at the moment. Completely ill-suited to the system.

No real variation to his movement, always hanging on the last defender even when we're knocking it about 40 yards from goal. Just looks lost.
Looks like he’s won a competition to play

He looks like a striker who doesn’t do much outside of the box which isn’t ideal for us. Needs to up his game in that regard.

He’s a typical box striker if you ask me. Think he’ll do well domestically when it’s one way traffic, but Morelos gives us that extra bit of power and desire that is still, at this stage, irreplaceable.

We need Alfie back badly!

Actually crafted one of our better chances of you can call it that when Kamara played him in and he spun the defender before flashing across goal. Ironically one where you’d want him to be in the 6 yard box looking for the chance, as it was everyone else was on their heels looking at him.

He’s looked unconvincing so far but let’s be honest he’s a distant second choice striker beyond Morelos who we spent a couple of million on, he’s not going to play all that much once Morelos is fit.

He looks like a striker who doesn’t do much outside of the box which isn’t ideal for us. Needs to up his game in that regard.
29 year old strikers are unlikely to make fundamental changes to how they play.

Back