Colak

The issue is we rarely play balls into feet into the box. The one time we did tonight, Colak made a good run and put a good ball across the goal.

A guy who scored against us last season for Malmo and we go out and sign him poor scouting there has to be better out there surly ffs.

Is he getting good enough service? No - although he should have scored tonight even without that.

Is he doing enough? Absolutely not & it was the same on Saturday. His movement is not incisive at all, side to side, nothing penetrative and very safe. He needs to do far more.

How am I being sly? He done nothing, not a thing.
Did you miss him making space for himself and putting a really good ball across the six yard box in which had a rangers player made a run into the space he leaves has a virtual tap in.which was our only chance in the second half

Doesn't fit our system and seems like a slightly harder working Itten.

Hard to tell when we don't play to his perceived strengths. If Itten played tonight, we would have done exactly the same thing looking for him.

If Itten had put in the kind of 'performance' Colak had tonight and Saturday he would have been absolutely slaughtered on this board.
I get players need time but the truth is, playing in that position you don't get time.

He touched the ball when he fired one across the face of goal and no one got on the end of it, it's natural he will be the whipping boy but honestly no one gets pass marks for me.
I think it goes without saying everyone was pish

Laid a ball on a plate across the goal for someone. It's strange we are refusing to put balls into the box, be it a cross ball or linked around for him from midfield.

Early days.

If we were one and one with the goalkeeper we would find a way to pass the ball back to goldson. Absolute dross.

Did he actually touch the ball tonight? Where was the fight and dig? Sakala isn’t the greatest but he would have ran his heart out tonight.

A very frustrating and disappointing night and you couldn’t give any of the players any pass marks. They were all mince.
"Couldn't give any of the players pass marks."

Yet you single out one?

Apert from a ridiculous dive wouldn't have known he was on.

Already forgotten the dangerous ball he put right across the 6 yard box just begging for a tap in?

He's no Morelos but no player is going to be. We need to actually give him the ball so he can score.

Really don’t see what more he could have done. We could’ve played an extra two strikers with him and still not scored from open play.
Well he could start with demanding the ball and trying to affect the play a bit instead of just kind of lumbering about

Odd signing the least mobile striker I've seen in a long time to play deputy to the all action wrecking machine that's our usual focal point of attack

Don’t blame him at all, he is a penalty box striker, we don’t play that way, we need movement that opens up space for wingers. If we want Colak to do well, change the style when he plays and fire everything into the box quickly with him and others in the box or he won’t make an impact.

Apart from not doing better with cross into him in first half I don’t understand how anyone has him as the fall guy for tonight, but I knew he would be one of them on here.

From what I’ve seen from him so far I think don’t think he’ll be first choice but I do think he’ll contribute and score some goals. Very difficult when we don’t have any players willing to take a risk and play him in behind.

Back