Colak

Can anybody tell me who played better than him tonight this was a terrible team performance tonight and let's be honest nobody expected it,with hindsight maybe we shouldn't have played to many of the new players at once but even then I am sure Geo will be as mystified as the rest of us.
We will all have our own scapegoat.

He'll be fine in the SPL but at this level we need more from him especially those one off chances you need to grab away from home in Europe

I don’t think we found him with a pass all night. Hard to judge him wasn’t the worse tonight by a long way just wasn’t in the game.

Does absolutely nothing, doesn’t make runs for an out for a teammate , doesn’t hold it up, doesn’t get us up the pitch, doesn’t rumble up defenders, doesn’t run the channels ,agree limited service but he’s had same service the buff gets

Last edited:
Not saying write him off but don’t think he is up for the task will give him time prove me wrong his movemen isn’t great and he should hav3 went for the header the one chance he. Got

Scary how he ripped our defence apart when he played for Malmo

Against Malmö we reverted to the type of defending that allowed Ross County to score 7 goals against us in the league last season.

I really hope we didn’t just sign him based on that one game.

Might be controversial, but I think it’s clear as day that’s he’s not this big target man that we seem to think he is.

Watch his movement. He’s a poacher, he can’t work off long balls and occupy a defence all on his own.

He needs people around him creating space and making chances, we’re using him all wrong.

I genuinely feel sorry for the guy.

I don’t like Sakala and don’t think he’s Rangers level. I’d still rather him ahead of Colak. Sums him up for me.

I think Sakala is done at Rangers after that tonight.

How he never came on at some point for Colak is something I can't explain, and I feel sorry for the wee man.

The article on the Rangers website when we signed him. I thought to myself "Is this us really trying to talk him up?" because it did not make for great reading.

The performances so far have backed that up and then some.

Sell an early 20s swiss International target man that was the second top scorer in Switzerland prior to coming to us and replace him with a late 20s Croatian International target man that was the second top scorer in Sweden prior to coming to us.

Its almost as if we're signing players that seem decent on paper but will never fit into our style of play in a month of Sundays, yet we keep making the same mistake. We've based our play for years now around aflie, if we're going to sign back up then it has to be someone that is in the same mould... Morelos lite. Not guys who clearly will score goals playing in a front two or under a totally different system. Both Itten and Colak are good players, but they will never thrive with the way that we play.

Well he could start with demanding the ball and trying to affect the play a bit instead of just kind of lumbering about
Demanding it from who though? Kamara and Matondo were useless at getting anything to him 1st half and we could barely take a first touch and pass in the second. I need to see much more of him in front of goal and with the ball at feet before writing him off.

What confuses me is that he doesn't seem to be a Morelos type striker which is odd as we play as if Morelos is there even when he isn't - so why was he signed?

Would love him to prove us wrong here but the early signs aren't great.

Should have scored from the Tillman cross and later on had a nice touch and good cross into the box. Apart from that I don’t think the ball went near him.

We lost a cheap first goal tonight (like Saturday) and our midfield and wide two offered nothing. Need to improve quickly!

He’s had almost zero service in two games, although that doesn’t stop him trying to get involved more.
Think it’s fair to say, when Morelos is fit we won’t see much of colak.

What confuses me is that he doesn't seem to be a Morelos type striker which is odd as we play as if Morelos is there even when he isn't - so why was he signed?

Would love him to prove us wrong here but the early signs aren't great.

Said the same thing in the group chat. He's evidently a penalty box player.

Demanding it from who though? Kamara and Matondo were useless at getting anything to him 1st half and we could barely take a first touch and pass in the second. I need to see much more of him in front of goal and with the ball at feet before writing him off.
That’s my point though. Itten wasn’t very good but he still wanted the ball and tried to take it in. Colak doesn’t want it but if you’re playing in a 3 you have to be part of the build up. Take it in lay it off spin and try and get involved in the next part of play.

I think he’s having a negative impact on our midfielders and wingers a little as he’s kind of not engaging with them

Not much he can do when he's no getting the service. Usually tav is up there whipping balls in for someone like him but never seen that tonight either
Tav whipped two or three in on the button on Sat and he was nowhere near them

Tillman put one on his head tonight & he didn’t anticipate it

Is he any better than Itten?
On the evidence so far, I don’t see what he brings to us that Itten didn’t. He’s not a lone striker which is how we play.

It’s all bizarre tbh

Very worrying we’re entering another season going to be fully relying on Morelos to be at it for the entirety of the season which to date, hasn’t happened.

Can’t even rely on Roofe given his permanent injury status

People saying he’s had no service. We put 40 crosses into the box on Saturday and I think he got on the end of one of them ( the disallowed goal).

I don’t think it’s just down to service. He needs to move off the ball.

Really don’t see what more he could have done. We could’ve played an extra two strikers with him and still not scored from open play.
Make runs and drop deep for the ball, pull defenders about? He made one decent run and flashed a good ball across the face of the goal, but most of our play was stifled in midfield and we needed someone to drop in, he didn't do that.

Who knows, maybe Gio is telling him to stay and spearhead, but he's not influencing the game at all.

He's also got the Croat gene of feigning injury , whinning and going down too easily. Not for me but I hope he proves me wrong.

Don't want to slate the lad after 2 games, but he isn't a upgrade on itten or any better that what we have.. tonight was a terrible result for us.. 1-0 I could take 2 nil can't see us score 3 without conceding..
We had sands in defence, is he better that balagun or katic.. has borna got a place in the team. I think we have bigger problems that colak tbh..

Far too early to write him off completely but tonight we were crying out for some pace and energy up front.
Incredible that Sakala never saw some time on the pitch.

How the %^*& is it Colak's fault if he gets no service ffs, are half of you retarded in some way??
If you cannot see the wood for the trees sign the %^*& off and save your fingers for a cry wank!
Yes we didn't turn up and yes we have probably fucked it but you win and lose as a team! Throughout the whole 11 WE looked like we had just been promoted to the top league and not been in Europe for nearly 60 years.
They were one of the most organised "minnows" I have ever watched and we will be lucky to take 2 off them nevermind 3 at Ibrox.
Europa League is our level for the next few years.

Ok he didn’t get enough service but he never got involved in the game. He didn’t come short to link the play and encourage runners from midfield or even offer himself as a target man. First time I’ve really seen him but beginning to think we should’ve went for Ross Stewart instead. Though I’m hoping this is a blip and I’m wrong.

How the %^*& is it Colak's fault if he gets no service ffs, are half of you retarded in some way??
If you cannot see the wood for the trees sign the %^*& off and save your fingers for a cry wank!
Yes we didn't turn up and yes we have probably fucked it but you win and lose as a team! Throughout the whole 11 WE looked like we had just been promoted to the top league and not been in Europe for nearly 60 years.
They were one of the most organised "minnows" I have ever watched and we will be lucky to take 2 off them nevermind 3 at Ibrox.
Europa League is our level for the next few years.
I’ll need go remember that the next time I play 11’s.

Awk I’m getting no service I’ll just kind of run about then and do nothing and hug the defenders next to me all game.

Back