Colak

He should've scored with a header in the first half.
Tillman put it on a plate, yet Colak seemed to pull his head away.
Similar to his goal on Saturday.

Have to give him time to settle to be fair.

But, to be unfair, he looks more Herrera than Itten so far.

Sell an early 20s swiss International target man that was the second top scorer in Switzerland prior to coming to us and replace him with a late 20s Croatian International target man that was the second top scorer in Sweden prior to coming to us.

Its almost as if we're signing players that seem decent on paper but will never fit into our style of play in a month of Sundays, yet we keep making the same mistake. We've based our play for years now around aflie, if we're going to sign back up then it has to be someone that is in the same mould... Morelos lite. Not guys who clearly will score goals playing in a front two or under a totally different system. Both Itten and Colak are good players, but they will never thrive with the way that we play.
Itten was many things.
A target man most definitely not 1 of them.

Unless we are the far superior side we aren't going to be in a position to supply a poacher with service on a plate.

We need to find a JCD/Cousin/Miller to share the duties with Alfie pronto or this is going to be a long season.

I didn't quite get the signing at the time, just felt a bit lazy. I doubt we would have been after him if he never scored against us with Malmo. That said, the service he has been receiving has been absolutely diabolical. If he was missing loads of chances then folk might have a point. The guy needs help.

I’ll need go remember that the next time I play 11’s.

Awk I’m getting no service I’ll just kind of run about then and do nothing and hug the defenders next to me all game.
I am lost as to why that's the strikers fault. Only so much you can do as a target man. There was no room to move, they played as a 3 and dropped back as a 5 and if you are as good as you think then even you should know 5 v 1 is a hard task. Maybe should be looking more at your midfield to stop playing like U18's and grab a hold of the ball long enough to let you get into some sort of position.
There was far worse than Colak on that pitch tonight!

Did he actually touch the ball tonight? Where was the fight and dig? Sakala isn’t the greatest but he would have ran his heart out tonight.

A very frustrating and disappointing night and you couldn’t give any of the players any pass marks. They were all mince.
He isn't getting the service he needs but then again he doesn't seem to be going out his way to find the ball either. The quicker Morelos comes back the better. In the meantime I would much rather have Sakala playing up front to give us more movement and effort.
Did he actually touch the ball tonight? Where was the fight and dig? Sakala isn’t the greatest but he would have ran his heart out tonight.

A very frustrating and disappointing night and you couldn’t give any of the players any pass marks. They were all mince.

I called him out weeks ago and was lynched by the FF Klopps.

Even Danger Zone tagged me cause he scored in a friendly against Spurs.

Now FF is gaslighting with him.

He's rank rotten and anyone clued up spotted this weeks ago.
Bit of humour because you had him written off after one solitary friendly. Given your previous remarks about Morelos you deserve to have the piss ripped out you mate. It’s not as though you’re famed for calling it right is it.

Bit of humour because you had him written off after one solitary friendly. Given your previous remarks about Morelos you deserve to have the piss ripped out you mate. It’s not as though you’re famed for calling it right is it.

Not sure what you mean about Alfie but given this thread is about Colak we should stick with him.

I simply called out what I was seeing with my own eyes. You could also look at his CV and see he was pretty much a journeyman. The worrying thing is we spent ages trying to get him.

At 28-29 he has no resale potential either he will probably be away on loan to someone this time next year.

We would have been better off spending the cash on a younger player we could have maybe developed into something.

He's basically a poacher getting %^*& all service.

Will probably score a good few against the jobbers in our league.

But on nights like last night we need far more from him.

Of course it's still early days, but Čolak looks like to be in the same mould with Herrera and Itten. Nice and polite guy, and perfect professional who knows how to say the right words. But he's just lacking fight and class to be a Rangers striker. Looks like he's just a step or two behind all the time.

I'm prepared to give him time, but being the only available option right now, we canny wait forever. We also have to remember, that even if we get Alf to the action soon, it might take time before he'll be in full match fitness.

I think more than a few appear to see him as someone who’s there to really challenge Alfie as our no.1 striker rather than a straight squad replacement for our no.3.

He’s playing at the moment because both Morelos and Roofe are absent, but that’s really all it is, IMO.

I feel sorry for Colak. he's came under a bit of criticism lately, but I still think he'll come good.
He's a targetman type of striker similar to Roofe...Not a Morelos where he can hold up the ball and bring other players into play or create a chance out of nothing....and when there's little service for him don't expect much end product.

He's had little to no service so far, I'll wait until further into the season to give him a proper judgement.

He was poor but the service to him was non existent.

We were dreadful all over the park last night, a waste of time singling players out tbh as would be here all week.

He was poor but the service to him was non existent.

We were dreadful all over the park last night, a waste of time singling players out tbh as would be here all week.

He lacked service agreed but even with minimal touches you can tell Tillman is a player. Colak has nothing - no pace, no movement and for his size he's quite weak and doesn't bully defenders either. Unless we are putting a cross right onto his napper or a ball is dropping to his feet in the box he's bringing nothing to the table.

The problem is playing out to a defence who don’t have the bravery to play the ball forward ! Not sure how much more a no 9 can do when he had to wait 90% of the game on any type of ball getting near the 18 yard box.

Having heard what the Greek fans said about him as in he goes into hiding and couldn't handle the pressure of playing for a "big" Greek club, I was unsure of him from the start. But I got caught up in the excitement a new signing, so far though I've been less than impressed.

For all the lack of supply, his movement is non existent, he doesn't show for it short, doesn't run into channels, doesn't make runs off the ball. It can't be easy to find him when he's hiding between 2 defenders.

Last edited:
Colak is less of a concern for me as when alfie is back he will be a back up. Add roofe into that and he will be 3rd.

Bigger concern is I had huge hopes for Lawrence and Matondo. Its very early days but matondo on the right with Tav seemed to hinder both and Lawrence has looked ineffective in the last 2 games.

Early days though and we will see what happens.

A box to box mid remains out missing piece. Again.

I didn't quite get the signing at the time, just felt a bit lazy. I doubt we would have been after him if he never scored against us with Malmo. That said, the service he has been receiving has been absolutely diabolical. If he was missing loads of chances then folk might have a point. The guy needs help.
30 odd crosses into the box against livi.

He never got any service, I think that’s a fair enough point people are making but go and get yourself involved in the game at least.

He should've scored with a header in the first half.
Tillman put it on a plate, yet Colak seemed to pull his head away.
Similar to his goal on Saturday.
He turtle necks constantly, jumps for a header and pulls his head into his shoulders it's fucking bizarre.

I wasnt sure about going with him from the start and wanted another striker in with the fact Morelos was out, Roofe constantly injured and Sakala hot and cold. I can understand that was never going to happen.

This is 2 games in a row that he has virtually been non-existent. I have never seen a player without that many touches before over 2 games. Worrying.

If we are serious about winning the league we need better than Colak and Roofe to be blunt.

Asking Alfredo to play every single game is suicide if you take him out of the side and who scores the 15-20 league goals that wins you a league title?

He’s a journeyman striker who couldn’t hit a barn door when he was in Greece. It isn’t entirely surprising that he’s just not very good.

I said pre-season, 3rd striker is a poison chalice for us. I said spend good money on a player who can play across the front 3 but fill in as ST if needed instead.

Čolak has had a better opportunity to impress than Itten ever did because he's started 5 games on the bounce I don't think Itten even started 2 or 3 games on the bounce. We haven't learned that, Herrera, Sadiq, Lafferty, Kamberi, Itten types do not fit with our style. A psoitve with Čolak is he did take his chance v Blackpool and Livi just flagged offside. It looks like he doesn't need 5 chances to convert a goal, that is a plus.

With all that being said, I'm more forgiving to the new front line players last night, I'm more focused on the regulars who have been here for Years making mistake after mistake last night.

Back