A one off

On one hand we’re missing key players and a bunch of new signings not yet up to speed or bedded in

On the other we should’ve had more than enough for them, our performance was woeful and we had plenty similar outwith the European run last year

Fkn sick, lets hope we can sort ourselves out for next week

It’s not we simply don’t look like a team and that because we haven’t got to know each other yet give it another 8 to 10 games and we will se how this team really looks and the is guarantee that will be good

Worrying thing for me is since pre season we’ve struggled to create chances.

Everything is safe. Sideways passes, backwards. Creating very little.

I think with the only evidence we have to go on, our first 11 has weakened from last season after losing Bassey and Aribo.

The tie next Tuesday will tell us a lot about where we’re heading this season

Yip. We came into this game as European finalists. We should have been far more positive. We were timid, negative and disjointed all over the park. Players just taking the easy option. So disappointed in those guys - we’re capable of much better and, frankly, the team let us down tonight.

The players who will come back into the starting 11 make a huge difference.

McGlaughlin, Yilmaz, Davies, Goldson, Tav, Lundstram, Sands, Tillman, Kent, Roofe, Morelos.

That starting 11 is significantly stronger than the one we set out with tonight. The problem is that the keeper isnt really good enough to be our first choice keeper, Sands isnt really good enough to be the first choice box to box midfielder and Tillman is inexperienced as the creator. Roofe isnt really good enough to be first choice inside right forward.

Even with guys available who were missing tonight, we're still short a quality keeper, 2 quality midfielders and a quality inside forward on the right. Those guys come back and we're a stronger team, but for me we still look worryingly short on being a title winning team.

Not a one off when it’s happened twice in two games. We’re not ready. Squad isn’t good enough and not prepared enough

Anyone who isn't concerned by that car crash tonight needs their head checked. Very worrying from many aspects.... the tactics, the formation, the level of effort from the players, the new signings showing nothing to be enthusiastic about, Gio not making subs quick enough, playing our best midfielder at CB at one point.... I could go on for hours. For me this one is on Gio and I hope he takes it as a harsh lesson and changes his "system" because I have no idea wtf he set out to achieve tonight. Also, the level of effort and lack of desire shown by every individual tonight is depressing. This is a CL qualifier which in essence is going to lose us 40+ million now and enabling the mentally challengeds to have a massive early boost aswell as being miles behind them financially. I may be over reacting but for me tonight was catastrophic. If that is the desire this squad has to reach the UCL then we have a long fucking season ahead of us. That's the reality of it all.

Next week will tell a story.

But let’s not put the cart before the horse.

Vast improvement required against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Ive never seen us play that badly in Europe since Pedro. The Malmo performances werent even that bad. Kamara and Jack were atrocious. I just cant see this type of performance being repeated again. We will see a whole different animal next week
I have said it a million times, in no game are those 3 needed at the same time unless we are 2-0 up against a top top team and needing to hold.

quite simply we are not champions league material. we punched above our weight to get to the final last season. Lets see how many teams we thrash in the SPL this season as there were not a lot last time

It’s half time. These players need to redeem themselves starting on Saturday. Not time to judge yet, we haven’t even played a competitive game at Ibrox yet.

quite simply we are not champions league material. we punched above our weight to get to the final last season. Lets see how many teams we thrash in the SPL this season as there were not a lot last time
It’s why the winning the league is so important . Are Celtic champions league quality - no . But they get in cos of our success

It’s not we simply don’t look like a team and that because we haven’t got to know each other yet give it another 8 to 10 games and we will se how this team really looks and the is guarantee that will be good
I think you will find we don't have 8 to 10 games to get it correct.

Anyone who isn't concerned by that car crash tonight needs their head checked. Very worrying from many aspects.... the tactics, the formation, the level of effort from the players, the new signings showing nothing to be enthusiastic about, Gio not making subs quick enough, playing our best midfielder at CB at one point.... I could go on for hours. For me this one is on Gio and I hope he takes it as a harsh lesson and changes his "system" because I have no idea wtf he set out to achieve tonight. Also, the level of effort and lack of desire shown by every individual tonight is depressing. This is a CL qualifier which in essence is going to lose us 40+ million now and enabling the mentally challengeds to have a massive early boost aswell as being miles behind them financially. I may be over reacting but for me tonight was catastrophic. If that is the desire this squad has to reach the UCL then we have a long fucking season ahead of us. That's the reality of it all.
Go away!! My team, haven't gave me much tonight to back that up, but go away!! I'm mad but I support them!!! Tonight was bad, but we can and will turn it around!!

The new players especially look undercooked at the moment.

We'll be better with another game in the legs and Kent back (hopefully). Unlikely to be another 3 CB formation, which didn't work.

And ultimately because they were good enough to win the league last season.
Last summers business could cost us . I believe we have done good business this year but the whole club has hubris last season after 55 and the shambles Celtic started the season . It cust us the league . Look at veerman . His Psv career shows he could have been a game changer . He easily gets 10-15 in our league

My view is he thought a 1-0 loss was fine. We’ll beat them at Ibrox. I find that mental. Very unhappy at a terrible performance coupled with what seemed to be an acceptance of it from the bench

When a whole team plays so badly I always feel the buck must stop with the manager......however, some of the players were so awful it would be criminal not to call them out.

I'm sick of seeing Kamara and Jack play like this, Jack has been awful for ages now and Kamara was shit hot pre season and is back to being shit again.

The central midfield needs strengthened.

Thing is the players who brought us much of our success in last couple of years are from the previous management team signings. Likes of Aribo, Kent, Kamara, Lundstrom, Bassey. 2 have left, fair enough, Kamara and Kent am not sure if they see the long term future with us or not, I hope so.
But it’s those guys along with the captain and Arfield, Davis etc who need to drive these new signings of Gio’s on and get them into things at Rangers. Some of those new signings so far look like they need shown the way a bit. We need people around who are totally committed, not going through the motions.

Once we settle down and get a few more games under our belt we will be a good team and go on to have a successful season imo. Its early days troops.

Our timid and cautious approach cost us tonight. They picked up on it and went after us.
A wise man once told me a team is always a reflection of a manager whether that’s in business or in sport or may walk of life.

I’m not the only bear who feels our managers timid, nonchalant approach doesn’t bring out the best in Rangers.

The European run papered over some very large cracks and even then it was all done at Ibrox.

A lot of people may be surprised to note that in our last 10 away European games we have 1 solitary win in Dortmund, 3 draws and 6 defeats.

A wise man once told me a team is always a reflection of a manager whether that’s in business or in sport or may walk of life.

I’m not the only bear who feels our managers timid, nonchalant approach doesn’t bring out the best in Rangers.

The European run papered over some very large cracks and even then it was all done at Ibrox.

A lot of people may be surprised to note that in our last 10 away European games we have 1 solitary win in Dortmund, 3 draws and 6 defeats.

I could believe that. Our team reflected Gio's caution last night. We are better than that and the fans who travelled didn't deserve that performance.

Played to keep it tight, and failed miserably. Bad team selection, bad tactics, bad performance and personally a bad penalty decision = 2-0. Can we be that bad again ? Surely not.

One last point on this. I made the point previously about how important Alfie is for us away from home in Europe. Even last year when we got to the final, we offered no threat away to Braga, Leipzig or in the final without him.

At Ibrox however? That was a different story. We coped well because of the energy from the crowd. Well we still have that same crowd, and we may even have Alfie.

Vent away fellow Bears. I get the frustration, but when Ibrox is rocking, half that USG will shit themselves. We can be the difference, as we were last season. The pattern would be familiar

Back