A one off

It’s not we simply don’t look like a team and that because we haven’t got to know each other yet give it another 8 to 10 games and we will se how this team really looks and the is guarantee that will be good

I've read that with every infliction possible and I can't get it :D

It has to be its that simple . We are a tav free kick away from a disaster 2 games

If it’s not a one off it’s a long season
Not being ready for a multi million £ euro qualifier is not a one off, other thread was posted tonight re 4 chances blown to qualify for the CL in 12 months! (Assuming Malmo, league last season, Europa final and tonight).

This was the ‘keep the ball, regardless of where on the park, and hope the other team are shite enough for you to score somehow’ approach!

Hope we do it next week but it’s livi all over, give a team something to defend, we cannot break them down. It’s going to be a long night next at Ibrox next week!

It’s not we simply don’t look like a team and that because we haven’t got to know each other yet give it another 8 to 10 games and we will se how this team really looks and the is guarantee that will be good
League and CL qualification will be done by 10 games time ?

We cannot accept 1/3 of a season to get into a groove.

Main issue I seen in the game was that we were just too slow, way too slow. They did a little analysis after the game on TV and showed how our front line were just standing still, no runs or erratic movement or creativity. Just a very passive and uninspiring performance. I think possibly that the main blame is on Gio as I think he set the team up very awkwardly, and hopefully he learned his lesson

I disagree with some posters talking down our new players, Matondo fair enough he wasn't great, but Tillman looked exceptional in that first half until he tired out in the 2nd half. Also Yilmaz looked incredibly positive and beat his man a couple of times, also fired a great shot into the box

We really dropped the ball with that game but luckily escaped only 2-0 down, Ibrox will be a completely different kind of encounter, with it's own unique pitfalls too

The replies are hilarious. Sure, two deplorable and identical performances are not worthy of criticism.

Let's be honest. We were bad on Saturday, the pitch got the blame, we we're brutal tonight too.

I wasn't overly impressed pre season either.
I only hope tonight was a wake up call and our new signings are up for it

We will be back the league needs to be #1 goal everything must go into winning that. CL qualifiers are just beyond us

What a lot of fans failed to understand last season was that winning games with poor performances is not a viable, long term route to success.

Take three games we played on the bounce: 1-0 victories against Aberdeen and St Johnstone and a 2-1 win over Dundee. All three were victories, but involved late, fortunate goals and moments where we really rode our luck. Livvy at the weekend was the same.

Tonight wasn't really a one off. It was more of the same.

I just hope the players don't think they don't need to turn up to away games in Europe because of the giants we put out at Ibrox last season. What if they get an early goal next week, its panic stations and another Malmo. At times tonight we couldn't pass a ball 5ft forward. That mob tonight know we like to get down the line rapid and it looked packed out wide so we kept trying to play through the middle and got shut down instantly 30 yards from goal. We couldn't get they we sharp passes correct that opens teams up, which is a worry for next week. Tactical masterclass from Gio and 1 hell of a performance and we will get they 2 goals back. EVERYONE needs to turn up though. 8-9-10 from every player.

I'm sick of seeing Kamara and Jack play like this, Jack has been awful for ages now and Kamara was shit hot pre season and is back to being shit again.

The central midfield needs strengthened.
Jack needs to get off the video games and do extra fitness. Unless he is carrying an injury, for this stage in the season, his fitness is a mile off. Slow, slack, giving the ball away, well off the pace.

Kamara was woeful last night. Sometimes thinks he’s better than he is. No fight or desire. If his head has been turned, he can do one and quickly. Can’t afford to carry passengers who play like he did last night.

Of note - he has his faults - but McGregor saves both the shot and the penalty for me. He may not deal with crosses but he has never let us down in Europe.

It’s common for one or the players a game to have an off night. But fck me I don’t think I’ve seen us have at least 8 players on the park have a nightmare for a long time. Only saving grace is it’s literally impossible to play any worse next week.

This is how i see GK We are miles short. Both are not good enough.
Defence we have Davies and Ridvan to come on so hopefully they transform the defence.
Midfield: stop playing two many same holding midfielders it is insanity.
Lundstram, Lawrence and Tillman for the next two matches.
Up front we need Kenta nd Matodo fit.
When is Morelos fit and how fit? He has been out for a while.
Colak if he plays we need patterns of play to suit the guy.

Even with our weaker side, we should have easily taken them. The setup was totally wrong and we let them control the pace. Reminders of Malmö from last season, imo

We need better midfielders with a bit of swagger and confidence to go out and skelp opposition teams in the SPL. No messing about, just get out there, and get stuck in and beat whoever is in front of you.

It was our form at Ibrox last season that pulled us to the final.
Apart from the Dortmund game the rest of the away games were kind of similar to last night.
It just shows the No1 priority is the league.

Our timid and cautious approach cost us tonight. They picked up on it and went after us.
Totally agree. You could see they were standing off us at the start and we dominated but we did absolutely nothing with it and then they just started attacking at pace and we looked lost and reverted to side to side and back passing. I really hope we find our form starting this weekend or it could be a very long season.

It has to be its that simple . We are a tav free kick away from a disaster 2 games

If it’s not a one off it’s a long season
I think we have more of the same to come before we see real improvement.
It's a question of how much damage is done in the meantime.

Back