Criticism of Colak is over the top

Yep I can’t criticise him.Everyone was shocking midweek and Gio had us set up so poorly. Our play in the final third was non-existent. That’s not just down to Colak, who had little to work with.

He should have had his goal against Livi. Fantastic cross and header. Aside from that he was quite isolated in that first 45 again.

He needs support, and that is where our midfield 3 need to help him, instead of being so deep and constantly playing sideways passes to either flank.

Woke nonsense!

The guy was murder, need he needs to pull up his socks quickly.
It's pretty simple, he'll get another few games yet I'd imagine until morelos is back up to speed. If he doesn't find the net a couple of times then he'll go the same way as Itten (who in his 2 seasons with us never got as many consecutive starts as Colak). Hope the guy comes good but I'll not hold my breath.

Woke nonsense!

The guy was murder, need he needs to pull up his socks quickly.
huh.gif

Yep I can’t criticise him.Everyone was shocking midweek and Gio had us set up so poorly. Our play in the final third was non-existent. That’s not just down to Colak, who had little to work with.

He should have had his goal against Livi. Fantastic cross and header. Aside from that he was quite isolated in that first 45 again.

He needs support, and that is where our midfield 3 need to help him, instead of being so deep and constantly playing sideways passes to either flank.

I agree, I also think the midfield 3 will look different tomorrow.

We will be back to 4 at the back, Kamara or Lundstram sitting which should allow one to press on along with Lawrence or Tillman.

Kent, Colak and Matondo up top if all fit and Morelos getting 30mins

It's pretty simple, he'll get another few games yet I'd imagine until morelos is back up to speed. If he doesn't find the net a couple of times then he'll go the same way as Itten (who in his 2 seasons with us never got as many consecutive starts as Colak). Hope the guy comes good but I'll not hold my breath.
2?

Itten started 4 games in a row in January, or are we counting friendlies for Colak as a stick to beat him with?

This fucking place.

I cannot wait to bump some posts from the threads about him over the last few days as the season progresses.
Agreed. I’ll go against the grain. I think Colak has looked sharp on the meagre scraps he has been fed. Clinical header at livvy wrongly chopped off , and flashed a perfect ball across goal in Belgium but nobody there. He’s literally fed off scraps the two matches he’s played.

I think he’s a very good striker. And I hope people get off his case.

Smith never played Boyd up front on his own in Europe and in Colak's performance the other night we saw why.

He is a penalty box player which I am quite happy we have signed.

If you're playing with a guy like that you simply have to make him chances, he's looked razor sharp in the very few instances we've done that and his goal v Livi should have stood.

Here is hoping he’s a slow burner and going to be amazing for us, he has hardly touched the ball and that’s down to service.
the last x2 Croat strikers where great servants to the club, I’m hoping for 3rd time lucky.

2?

Itten started 4 games in a row in January, or are we counting friendlies for Colak as a stick to beat him with?

This fucking place.
Of course I'm counting friendlies, it's still a chance to get up to speed and used to playing with your new team mates. BTW I'm not using anything as "a stick to beat Colak with". I just don't see a lot so far to make me think that he's going to be a very prolific striker for us, I really hope that he does come to life and gives Alfie serious competition. If you get so upset with people having an opinion then being on here probably isn't for you mate.

If he'd missed a stack of chances, perhaps, however he scored the one presented at Livingston, and possibly should have connected with Tillman's ball into the box on Tuesday. That's it.

He was left isolated by brutal tactics but didn't exactly help himself.

No doubt he will get plenty goals if he's given supply but will need to add to his game if Tuesday is what he has to offer.

For whatever reason, it's not clicking with him and the rest of the team right now. We're not giving him any kind of service but neither is he getting involved in the build up either.

Whether that's down to our poor chance making or his lack of movement depends on your interpretation of things.

I can't make my mind up on it.

As the article suggests, Hateley himself in the past and Lundstram more recently are reasons not to write Colak off, and there are indications that he'll bury chances which are presented to him. He doesn't look to have the strength, speed or technical skill to make many for himself, though, and we're not a team which creates many 'sitters', so there have to be concerns that he's unlikely to fare much better than Herrera and Itten.

We'll see.

Would we be having the same conversation if his header had counted. He is a striker who plays in the box. We are expecting him to be at Morelos level but he was brought in as back up to him. I still think he will get between 10 to 15 goals in the league this season.

The big man will score goals.

Anyone who was expecting him to be the second coming of Morelos was delusional.

We've got regular first team players who've been here for years that have been just as bad and barely get any stick.

It's those guys we should be pointing the finger at

The article admits that "he is a penalty box striker", which is the point a lot of people have been making really.

That's the one thing we do know. Give him chances and he'll finish.

The header at Livi was outstanding and both finishes against Blackpool and Spurs were pretty clinical

As the article suggests, Hateley himself in the past and Lundstram more recently are reasons not to write Colak off, and there are indications that he'll bury chances which are presented to him. He doesn't look to have the strength, speed or technical skill to make many for himself, though, and we're not a team which creates many 'sitters', so there have to be concerns that he's unlikely to fare much better than Herrera and Itten.

We'll see.
Mark Hateley came from Monaco. There is no comparison to be had with Colak.

He should definitely be given more time however

Last edited:
Of course I'm counting friendlies, it's still a chance to get up to speed and used to playing with your new team mates. BTW I'm not using anything as "a stick to beat Colak with". I just don't see a lot so far to make me think that he's going to be a very prolific striker for us, I really hope that he does come to life and gives Alfie serious competition. If you get so upset with people having an opinion then being on here probably isn't for you mate.
What makes you think I’m upset. I’m mocking how pathetic someone counting friendlies against players is.

Maybe we should stop singling players out after pathetic team performances, and writing them off after a couple of games.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, it's not clicking with him and the rest of the team right now. We're not giving him any kind of service but neither is he getting involved in the build up either.

Whether that's down to our poor chance making or his lack of movement depends on your interpretation of things.

I can't make my mind up on it.

Jesus Christ, it’s been a handful of games, it would be hugely surprising if it “clicked” immediately. He had one cross to work with on Tuesday night.

Had a perfectly good goal ruled out against Livi. Was in the right place at the right time for a goal against Spurs. Also had one disallowed at Blackpool.

The way people are speaking you’d think he’d been serving up Sebo or Ostenstad style performances.

The “creative” players gave him nothing much to work with on Tuesday. We need to be on the front foot, getting decent balls into him and in behind, he will also be adjusting to a new life here and getting to grips with our style of play and the expectation on him.

People need to give him a break ffs.

If people continue to expect him to do things that are just not in his game then the criticism will continue to get worse.

He needs to try and link up better but if we won't create chances for him i think he will be anonymous in games.

What makes you think I’m upset. I’m mocking how pathetic someone counting friendlies against players is.
2?

This fucking place.
I was talking about consecutive starts because Itten regularly got slaughtered on here yet had to make do with 10 minutes off the bench for most of his Rangers career. People being sceptical about Colak is no different from the treatment that Itten got. Anyway the part that I've highlighted does seem to me that you're getting a bit upset over it. It's early days, not everyone has the same opinion. We could be discussing colak in May and he might be on 15 goals. Who knows, as I said though it's not an echo chamber and not everyone will always agree.

It’s an absolute nonsense the criticism this fella is getting.

2 competitive games with his new teammates

Its what a lot of our fans thrive on unfortunately.

Celtic fans weird go to thing is being paranoid obsessed mentalists. Our fans weird thing is criticising and slating our own Players/Management /Board/SLO as quickly as they can about literally everything.

Back