Criticism of Colak is over the top

The one bit of decent service he’s had in the last two games ended up with the ball in the net, unfortunately it was called offside.

As I said on the other thread about him after Tuesday night, I wasn’t overly excited about him signing but the guy has had barely any service and nobody in a Rangers shirt anywhere near him against Livingston or USG.

We need to give him time and have some patience, especially as I don’t think Alfie is going to come back all guns blazing right away after so many months out.

He might end up great or maybe not. He has hardly played though. How can anyone judge and individual based on our last game? The team was poor

If he was the one letting the side down e.g. missing chances/sitters, giving the ball away, etc.. then i'd be ready to cast judgement but we've been playing like dogshit so far and hes not had a proper chance to express himself. Look at the goals he scored against us - when's he had that kind of space or opportunity to do some damage? We don't look like we figured out how we want to play. Sort that out and then we'll see.

I cannot wait to bump some posts from the threads about him over the last few days as the season progresses.
We all hope we will come good , the hateley words are absolute garbage. We know we played poorly, they all did overall but it's almost is as if angry wee mark likes a snipe at the club since he got punted from match days and it's been seized upon by people.

I hope to see it being rammed down his throat and an apology.

Čolak is an interesting one, there is a queue of folk wanting to defend him & a queue wanting to criticise him & perhaps the view point is somewhere in the middle.

Yes we've not given him much service at all for him to show that he can take the chances, while he doesn't look to get involved to get into the game as much as other strikers we've had in the past too.

His anticipation for the ball in from Tillman on Tuesday was severely lacking & things like this he does deserve some criticism but also deserves time to settle into the style of play he's now come into. Unfortunately for him there is no time to settle as he's the main striker till we've got Alfredo up and running and that puts pressure on him & we're not a fan base known for their patience.

The criticism he gets & aspects of his game that he's not doing are things that I was worried about from seeing him play while he was at Darmstadt.

Woke nonsense!

The guy was murder, need he needs to pull up his socks quickly.
This for me, it didn't stop everyone and their dog slating Itten whenever he got the little game time he did, for me Colak looked really lazy at Livi and did nothing other than play one good ball across goal on Tuesday.
Hopefully he bangs in a couple tomorrow to his season started.

Social media seems to have picked their scapegoat whilst all were poor he wasn’t the worst on the park and has played 180 minutes of competitive football for us.

Hes literally had 2 chances in 2 competitive games, scored one wrongly disallowed and should have scored the other

Much much worse than him on Tuesday night but hey ho blame the new boy

The entire team and staff deserve criticism for the past 2 games but the fact Hately had a go is a bit much. Short memory big fella but I stood by you then as I do with Colak now.
Funny it was a BBC soortsound interview too, knts!

This for me, it didn't stop everyone and their dog slating Itten whenever he got the little game time he did, for me Colak looked really lazy at Livi and did nothing other than play one good ball across goal on Tuesday.
Hopefully he bangs in a couple tomorrow to his season started.
Everyone and their dog didn't slate Itten, colak is getting the same chance off me as Itten did. As it is, Itten will have a good season where he is and get back in the Swiss squad. Sometimes the player and club don't suit.

Čolak is an interesting one, there is a queue of folk wanting to defend him & a queue wanting to criticise him & perhaps the view point is somewhere in the middle.

Yes we've not given him much service at all for him to show that he can take the chances, while he doesn't look to get involved to get into the game as much as other strikers we've had in the past too.

His anticipation for the ball in from Tillman on Tuesday was severely lacking & things like this he does deserve some criticism but also deserves time to settle into the style of play he's now come into. Unfortunately for him there is no time to settle as he's the main striker till we've got Alfredo up and running and that puts pressure on him & we're not a fan base known for their patience.

The criticism he gets & aspects of his game that he's not doing are things that I was worried about from seeing him play while he was at Darmstadt.
I agree with this. There's already someone going on about how sharp looking he has been. Really?! It reminds me of the inevitable "Itten was excellent" posts you'd see on here after every one of his outings.

I can't see anyway at all that he would keep Roofe or Morelos out of the team so he essentially is a third choice striker, we're never going to get top notch players for 3rd choice. Colak doesn't seem to have much about him though apparently he's a decent finisher. I can't say that it looks like the system we play in helps much if he's evidently not a target man or someone who is going to occupy defenders.

Thankfully whatever anyone posts on here has no bearing on how players perform and hopefully Colak continues to get the support at games from the crowd.

The lack of service becomes a mute point when he's not running into channels, showing for the ball or making runs off the defenders. He needs to improve his movement a lot and get involved not just wish for a ball on a plate.

He's not the first player to struggle with demands of our style of play and has adapted after time, I'm sure Gio is demanding the same from him and he'll come good.

As far as I can remember he’s buried almost all the chances created for him, with one goal standing, two offside. Would that be correct?

Jesus Christ, it’s been a handful of games, it would be hugely surprising if it “clicked” immediately. He had one cross to work with on Tuesday night.

Had a perfectly good goal ruled out against Livi. Was in the right place at the right time for a goal against Spurs. Also had one disallowed at Blackpool.

The way people are speaking you’d think he’d been serving up Sebo or Ostenstad style performances.

The “creative” players gave him nothing much to work with on Tuesday. We need to be on the front foot, getting decent balls into him and in behind, he will also be adjusting to a new life here and getting to grips with our style of play and the expectation on him.

People need to give him a break ffs.

No one is saying he's delivering Sebo and Ostenstad performances.

But as of right now there seems to be little chemistry or cohesion between him and the rest of the team.

Like I said, he's shown he can score but we're not creating anywhere near enough in terms of attacking output. He's part of that, penalty box striker or not.

He may turn out to be a great signing or he may well turn out to be a dud. At this point it's simply too early to say either way with any kind of authority. I do find it a bit rich from big Hateley calling a guy out so early in his Rangers career given how slowly his started.

Absolutely. Guy has received no service up front.

Mark Hateley calling him a waste of time, would like to see him score the goals he did without any service.

Woke nonsense!

The guy was murder, he needs to pull up his socks quickly.
Woke is the new sn0wflake that is overused incorrectly far too much. I can see it being the next autocorrect on here and I look forward to what the admins choose to replace it with.

Can't say anything after two games, he hasn't done much so far but other than Tilman they've all been poor.

I love big Hateley but I genuinely felt he had some nerve penning that piece after only Colak’s 2nd competitive match.

I openly admit that I thought Mark was utterly pish during the first 3 months of his time with us.

An object lesson in giving players time to settle before making snap judgements on them.

The service the guy has had in both games has been nothing short of a disgrace.

The one chance he did get he buried and it was wrongly called offside.

Woke nonsense!

The guy was murder, he needs to pull up his socks quickly.

“Woke”

:D:D:D:D:D

What a batshit mental thing to say.

Lundstram was murder the first few games he played last season.

Goram, McCoist, Hateley are three members from the greatest ever Rangers side who also struggled badly at the start of their Rangers careers.

If you think it’s “woke” to suggest we should maybe give the guy a bit if time, then I suggest you look up the definition of what woke actually means.

You can criticize players, without 'writing them off'.

You can say someone has played poorly, without saying they are or will always be poor.

People reserve the right to change their opinion based on the evidence presented in front of them.

It's the exact same with Lundstram. He was pish until he wasn't and then he was great. I don't see the problem with saying that.

huh.gif
Yep

He scored a fantastic header last week, and 2 good strikers finishes in pre season.

He's not a Morelos type and if he was to be dropping back and trying to involve himself in build up play he would be criticised for that as well.

The guy is a penalty box striker.

Mark Hateley is talking utter shite and should know better.

Are we expecting Colak to drop into midfield take the ball, run forward beating 3 players then scoring?

Given our midfield performances against Livi and the Belgians that's what he'd need to have done because he's had next to no service in the box.

We need to be more creative and get the ball in the penalty area to get the best from Colak.

Absolutely. Guy has received no service up front.

Mark Hateley calling him a waste of time, would like to see him score the goals he did without any service.
Hateley regularly had huistra, mccall, Laudrup, durrant, McCoist as a foil, mikhalitchenko (the spelling is what it is), Trevor Steven, David Robertson providing him service. We've had nothing in the two games this far barring two crosses, one incorrectly offside, the other he should've burried. The game has also changed over 30 years, hateley would suffer massively these days with fouls against. Maybe this is why he doesn't manage and snipes at us instead?

Of course it's over the top, Hateley has a cheek calling a Rangers striker out the way he did after 2 competitive matches.

Unfortunately it chimes with a lot of brain-dead fans, like the numpty on here who branded Matondo a 'disappointing signing all in' after 60 minutes of a match, there's no reasoning with such bawbaggery.

“Woke”

:D:D:D:D:D

What a batshit mental thing to say.

Lundstram was murder the first few games he played last season.

Goram, McCoist, Hateley are three members from the greatest ever Rangers side who also struggled badly at the start of their Rangers careers.

If you think it’s “woke” to suggest we should maybe give the guy a bit if time, then I suggest you look up the definition of what woke actually means.

Haha!!

Another issue that some of us were discussing after the fives last night was that our wing backs and midfielders haven’t played with an out and out number 9 for several seasons. Morelos has been our main man and his game is very different from Colak.

Morelos often comes short for the ball to come into his feet and to draw out defenders for others to run in behind. That isn’t Colak’s game. He seems to like to hang around central in the box and play off the shoulder of the last defender. So, all our players need to get used to each other and be able to vary the way we play depending on who is up front.

Unfortunately, that takes time and CL qualifiers don’t give you that time.

It's the usual polarisation of opinion on FF about Colak.

He's either shite or he'll definitely come good.

The truth of course always lies somewhere in between. If we're looking at Colak's two competitive games so far, he's been poor by and large. Scored a perfectly good goal against Livi but other than that he didn't impose himself in that game and he was anonymous on Tuesday like many of his team-mates.

However, he may come good in time once he settles and gets into the rhythm of our system and style of play.

Time will tell.

The article admits that "he is a penalty box striker", which is the point a lot of people have been making really.
Precisely and that isn’t going to fly for us. He might not get great service but it’s then up to him to make runs to create space for others, shut down opposition and try to do more off the ball

We can’t just accept that he’s going to offer nothing other than score goals because when we’re struggling to create for him, he becomes a passenger

Lone front man with no service and no midfield getting in areas to support. I’ll reserve my judgement until I start seeing that he’s getting the above and he’s still performing poorly.

Rangers fans can be the greatest fans in the world producing outstanding support. We also have some of the worst fans for posting over the top utterly ridiculous comments. Some have to have whipping boy every year.

Same people who piled in to Lundstram are piling into Colak. They never learn.

Give the guy some time.

Jesus Christ, it’s been a handful of games, it would be hugely surprising if it “clicked” immediately. He had one cross to work with on Tuesday night.

Had a perfectly good goal ruled out against Livi. Was in the right place at the right time for a goal against Spurs. Also had one disallowed at Blackpool.

The way people are speaking you’d think he’d been serving up Sebo or Ostenstad style performances.

The “creative” players gave him nothing much to work with on Tuesday. We need to be on the front foot, getting decent balls into him and in behind, he will also be adjusting to a new life here and getting to grips with our style of play and the expectation on him.

People need to give him a break ffs.
He also didn’t do much to give them an option either. He made it very easy for the defenders

His finishes at Blackpool/livi that were both chopped off show he can finish if given service but he also needs to do more to create his own luck/link play with others too

Criticism has been a bit much though

Lone front man with no service and no midfield getting in areas to support. I’ll reserve my judgement until I start seeing that he’s getting the above and he’s still performing poorly.
Exactly, it's not like he is missing a barrow load of sitters per game.

Back