How was Yilmaz?

Bit nervous at the start, but what a passer of the ball that kid is, once he settles he'll retain that jersey no bother.

Flung a cross at Colak today which fooled everyone, including Colak who was unable to react in time.

Some bend in the ball to take it into Colak, right on a plate, same with an earlier ball, looked like he'd hit a straight through pass, but it curved inward in the air and almost came to Colak again.

Mentally seeing the game steps ahead of other players.

Needs time to build up a relationship with the player in front of him, which needs to be Kent. With the way we play, our fullbacks are integral. If there’s not a lot going on ahead of him, then he’s naturally going to struggle.

Looked a little nervous at the start but came into it. Think he will be excellent once he’s settled especially with Kent in front of him. One thing you could see if he has an eye for a pass. If our strikers are doing smart runs in behind the defence, he will be picking them out for sure.

I thought he had a quiet game and kept it simple, but couldn’t believe how tiny he looks compared to everyone else, only concern is that the hammer throwers of the league which is most teams might just target him to kick lumps out of.

A small thing that I really liked was when he had the ball and pressured in the LB position he played a quick accurate ball into Lundstram instead of an easy Borna pass back to Sands.

It's nothing major but it's what we need to keep us going forward instead of slow passing between defenders.

Although there is clearly ability, and it took him a while to adapt, my concern is that he lacks physicality.
In the first minute or so the big fullback for Kilmarnock shrugged him off as if he was a little boy.
We really are missing the physicality and speed of Bassey on the left side of the defence.

He may be small in stature, but he will be a big player for Rangers. He's strong, doesn't fear getting into bigger players and looks like his pass potential will rip through defences. He's exactly what we need in that position. He needed more service after the balls he played today.

Can't wait till we see him and the rest of the team against USG. We will get through.

I only saw the first 50 minutes today but I’m going to be honest it wasn’t a good debut at all.

Allowed simple passes to run under his feet out of play, looked really small and frail and unsure of what to do, went down holding the small of his back over a nothing challenge and generally did not look the player I was expecting at all.

I’ll caveat that by saying it’s only his first game in a new country in a slightly unsettled back 4 next to sands and without kent in front of him.

So before anyone criticises the boy let’s assess how he looks in a months time with a few games under his belt.

Shite but will say the same as said in Colak thread - he’s played 2 competitive games with his new team mates

Didn’t see the game today. How did Yilmaz look?
He wasn’t good but a number of errors were clearly down to nerves.
It’s a massive step for the lad, in terms of football, culture and climate so we’ll need, as in absolutely need, to be patient.

Obviously early days and he is yet to show anywhere near his best but I can't help but think that the 5 mil could've have been spent a little wiser. Fingers crossed he lives up to the price tag.

Nervous to be expected but didn’t put us under pressure or cost a goal. Upgrade on Borna at that level immediately. He’ll come good.

Pretty poor tbh but very very early days. Young lad, new country and a new team. He definitely needs time to settle.

Back