Another defeat for villa

The reality is their fans never did take to him from day one.

He'll never have there what he had up here. No matter how many Coutinhos he buys.
I can’t see how any premiership team would take to him given how much he’s talked about the Liverpool job being his main aim. Was never going to work for him at a team in the same league as them.

Was never going to find it easy, yes he could spend astronomical amounts on players of his choosing, but so can the rest.

It then comes down to managerial ability, that will be the acid test for him.

Villa is an almost impossible job. Not good enough or big enough for CL or even EL. So mid table is all they really can aim for. But their fans are as deluded as Aberdeen and still think they’re relevant.

Tbh it should be relatively easy.

They've got rich owners and a lot of money to spend, 8th or 9th should be more than possible and I think fans would be happy with that. The issue is they finished 14th last season and finished the season is pretty horrible form. Losing to a not great newly promoted Bournemouth isn't the best of starts after another summer of spending a lot of money.

Could easily be gone in 6 weeks after the money they have spent.

Doesn't help that Villa think they are bigger and better than they are imo.

He brought us into the 21st century, helped us improve the stadium, training ground etc with his knowledge of top tier football, made us a force in Europe again, signed some fantastic players and won us the league. I can’t have any bad feelings towards him after all of that. Saying that I don’t really care how he gets on now, don’t particularly want him to do well or badly, we’ve moved on.

Looking back though it does seem a bit of a mad rash decision to leave us for them.

I think Gerrard could end up out on his arse very quickly this season - just don't feel like their fans have ever truly accepted him and they'll turn on him far quicker than we ever would have.

He's spent an eye watering amount of money also, so he really doesn't have an excuse to be honest.

Hes probably just an ex-EPL player to them.

Said since he went this job took him further from the liverpool job, I doubt he will ever get it now.

So do I.

I find it pathetic seeing Rangers fans taking great delight at seeing a guy who played his massive part in building us back up fail.

It’s pure Tim behaviour and it needs to go.
He jumped ship mid season to take a job at a mid table cannon fodder.

Word down in Birmingham is that he has 7 games or he is out, board not impressed by last season and the lack of spending to date says something about trust money men have in him still being there long term

Wankers done my coupon.
9RljPrf.gif

Reactions: DJT
People need to let it go.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated him for leaving us.

Wouldn’t expect him to come back to do an RTV appearance any time soon nor would he be invited any time soon either.

But the threads on here every time Villa lose is pathetic.

Hes probably just an ex-EPL player to them.

Said since he went this job took him further from the liverpool job, I doubt he will ever get it now.
I hope Gerrard does well. I was pissed off at the time naturally, however he put us on back on the map and gave the club it's presence and respect back.

I'm not sure I'd consider him a club legend, one title and no cups in 3.5 seasons doesn't suggest a legend as Manager, however the one title he DID get due to the circumstances of what it meant in that individual season was legendary and for that at least, I'll always have fond memories. Just a real shame the fans weren't there every week to share it.

Word down in Birmingham is that he has 7 games or he is out, board not impressed by last season and the lack of spending to date says something about trust money men have in him still being there long term

They've spent about £50m and would have put a lot in on wages for Coutinho and Kamara.

I don't think they can afford to spend much more due to FFP. They were the world's highest net spenders over the last 3 years.

Back