Does anyone remember the "casuals" in the Govan Stand?

Next jumpers, Benetton rugby tops, Lee jeans/cords, Kickers with red, white and blue tags, Gazzelle (Red or Blue), Sergio Tachini track suits top and bottom with the two lines across the calf area, Pringles, Burberry scarves and the one item of casual style I was most envious of…

The hooded Burberry leather jacket/jerkin.
The very first lads i saw where wearing patrick cagoules,bleached flared cut jeans,addidas trim trabb,pringle jumpers around motherwell where i lived early 80,s..

Got a few of the ICF ones from there alsp the cracking ICF one with the icf printed with all the different adidas shoes

Few half and half hats here

6641-C9-D2-EF91-44-ED-B1-AA-E9-DD5120-E7-E8.jpg

I had that Next wave jumper, and the blue version. Also had the Benneton rugby shirt.

There were green versions of both that were worn by the beasts.
I loved my Benneton top. I had the one above and also a blue one with yellow writing.
The blue one got covered in blood against Hibs and I could never wear it again.
To all you 80’s casual haters. Fck off. They were great days. It set me up nicely to go fight for my country. (Legally) :))

Section Red reminds of a username of a lad on a forum who sadly passed away a few years ago, Times Square Section Red I think it was.

Tae fck with the lot of them.

I've been going to see Rangers since 1971 and these arseholes, along with all the other 'casual' arseholes from other teams who acted and behaved like total wankers were and are a total embarrassment.

I actually detest them for a good reason.

In a good bluenose pub in the Paisley Road West (I won't name it), me and a mate, both season ticket holders and of course, Rangers daft were nearly beaten up by a crowd of these fuckers who doubted our allegiance. My mate ended up having to show them the wee Rangers tattoo he had on his upper arm.

I utterly hate these wee pricks.

Real Rangers fan loyal.

So you and your mate look like tims, and couldn't provide enough information about Rangers or Ibrox to satisfy that you actually were Rangers, yer mate had to get a tattoo out...

I'd have gave yous the kickin regardless.

True - black socks red tops first worn after British Navy ship built in Govan was overturned and sunk. All ships were red funnel black tops.
Not to derail the thread, but I've heard the funnel explanation for our socks mentioned before, but you need to expand on your reply?

Certainly merchant vessels had red funnels and black tops, but Royal Navy ships, I've never seen that in any contemporary illustrations, battleship grey was their colour scheme.

Mulling over a pair of zx8000 aqua just now.
Got a pair of Zx500’s the original colour yellow stripes and grey and dark grey suede. Lovely trainers. Mrs bought me them for my 50th took me right back to terrace dancing days.:)

Reactions: hms
Cracking trainers - I have about 8 pairs - love all the old school trainers. Kegler Super, Munchen, early ZX. I have a few pairs from the mid/late 80s that are probably worth a wee bit now.
I bought 2 pairs of Kegler a few years ago. White ones, and the black with the red stripes. I’m not sure if you can still get the black ones now?
Always preferred Munchen to Gazelle etc.
I remember having ZX in the 80’s and the sole was actually made by Goodyear. I think it was ZX. I’ll have to look them out. I could be wrong.

I bought 2 pairs of Kegler a few years ago. White ones, and the black with the red stripes. I’m not sure if you can still get the black ones now?
Always preferred Munchen to Gazelle etc.
I remember having ZX in the 80’s and the sole was actually made by Goodyear. I think it was ZX. I’ll have to look them out. I could be wrong.
El Jock jnr has his eyes on my trainers now he's a bit bigger. He asked for a pair of Kegler just last night - Navy 1s. He'd better not touch mine - he'll be cut down at the knees if he's not careful!

Ive 3 half n half “ski” hats

Rangers Hamburg
Rangers England
Rangers Carlisle

Were lots worn down South in 80’s

So you and your mate look like tims, and couldn't provide enough information about Rangers or Ibrox to satisfy that you actually were Rangers, yer mate had to get a tattoo out...

I'd have gave yous the kickin regardless.
It was 1989 and it wasn't a match day, it was a Sunday evening and for some reason these wee pricks started on me and my mate.

And no, we certainly don't have 19th Century Terrorist faces.

I've been going to see Rangers since 1971 and these arseholes, along with all the other 'casual' arseholes from other teams who acted and behaved like total wankers were and are a total embarrassment.

In a good bluenose pub in the Paisley Road West (I won't name it), me and a mate, both season ticket holders and of course, Rangers daft were nearly beaten up by a crowd of these fuckers who doubted our allegiance. My mate ended up having to show them the wee Rangers tattoo he had on his upper arm.

Real Rangers fan loyal.
That sounds like an unfortunate experience. I won’t question it either.

Real Rangers fan loyal?

Real Rangers fan loyal.
What makes you a real Rangers fan or better Rangers fan than some of the lads over the decades who ran wae the Firm

Anyone remember the Livi skins that used to be in the Copland rear. I’m sure one of them was called Bongo ? Late 70’s early 80’s when you went to the piggery there used to be a lot of skinheads at the games. Don’t know if skinheads still exist ?
They stood in the enclosure. Main boys were bongo .figs.and bear

Back