Man Utd finished as a force for the forceable future?

We've known for a year they'd need a new striker this summer, yet they've done nothing about it.

We've known for several years they need central midfielders and they're messing around trying to get De Jong.

But good to see they've spent £55m so they can keep World Cup winning Varane on the bench.

Unless there's some serious investment before the transfer window closes, I think they'll really struggle. Too many players nowhere near good enough. They've fallen so far behind Liverpool and Man City in particular, but Spurs and Arsenal look to have improved and Chelsea are a better side too. They look nowhere near ready to challenge for top 4, let alone the title.

Absolutely.

Football has evolved so much that it’s no longer about buying your way out of bother instantly.
Their whole infrastructure has crumbled and that can’t be solved quickly.

I mean cmon surely they should be offering Tottenham the house for Kane but I really don’t think they have the pull to get him away from Spurs.

An amazing fall from Fergie.

Brighton manager next up for me if the Ex Ajax manager can’t do it and let him build
This f ucking club and their arrogant home counties support looked down their noses at every c unt for years as did barcelona so i am enjoying every minute of their suffering and long may it continue

Curtis Woodhouse put on Twitter Fred cost more than Haaland ffs if that’s true it’s mental.

Their recruitment has been awful surely Kane and Bellingham had to be top of the list.

They don't realise that's not they're market.

They're not City or Liverpool, they don't need one or two world class players for £60-70m, they need 5 or 6 for £30m that will improve them.

Tielemans, Kamara on a free who Villa signed. That's the type of players they need now. Once they have that they can worry about the cherry on top signings.

Well the claim is they are the biggest football club in the world.
I watched the great Liverpool sides of old and never thought they would falter.
Man U are going into the wilderness like they did all those years ago!

The empire collapsed when Sir Alex retired
He hand picked his successor, but they weren't prepared to give Moyes the time to make his own mark.

Everything follows from there.

Edit:
In the time since then, those annual under achievers Spurs, have built the most modern football stadium in Europe, and finally have in place a manager who is a serial winner.

Manchester United's place at the top table is no longer assured. Their fans, the hard core "Glazers Out" guys know this, which is why they'll never stop protesting till they're gone.

I'm not a Man U sympathiser, indeed I lean to the Sky Blue side. But I hope the United fans can rid their club of those leeches currently sucking the lifeblood out of their club.

Last edited:
Serious question, are they skint? I can't understand that move at all.

The rumours were they had £150m to spend.

The De Jong deal will take them to to about £130m so if that's correct they don't have much left.

Martinez was a stupid signing if they planned to play Maguire. Either play him in place of Maguire or just play Varane and spend the £55m elsewhere.

They lost to Brighton today because Brighton have better players than them.

Another season and it's Fred, McTominay, Rashford etc again.

I don't know what it is they're hoping for?

That’s the thing I don’t understand.

Those three you’ve mention, plus that big donkey Maguire, are nowhere near good enough.

Keep playing that lot, and they’ll get the same result as last season. Utter crap, which is nice :)

The rumours were they had £150m to spend.

The De Jong deal will take them to to about £130m so if that's correct they don't have much left.

Martinez was a stupid signing if they planned to play Maguire. Either play him in place of Maguire or just play Varane and spend the £55m elsewhere.
I can't say I've watched alot of them, but is there any particular reason why Varane doesn't play?

They're in much bigger problems than a big signing (Arnautovic isn't) or a new manager can sort. They have no idea what they are anymore and just seem to be a club in almost permanent panic mode. It should be familiar to us tbh and the issue is the same, expectations from fans and scrutiny from media doesn't lessen, but they need a clear out starting at the top

I can't say I've watched alot of them, but is there any particular reason why Varane doesn't play?

I'm not sure. He had some injuries last season and wasn't exactly brilliant when he played but no one was at Utd.

He's obviously not turned into a bad player overnight.

He hand picked his successor, but they weren't prepared to give Moyes the time to make his own mark.

Everything follows from there.
Yip, they went down the experienced manager route in Mourinho and Van Gaal to ex player in Solskjaer and nothing has worked. They are throwing mud at the wall hoping that something sticks. They need to give a good manager proper time to make his mark.

IMG-20220807-192025.jpg

Their problems are far deeper than just getting in a good manager.
I think you're right and for one reason: Antonio Conte.

Conte was jobless and practically begging for the Manchester United job (A few months after winning Serie A with Inter) whilst Solskjaer's United were getting battered by Leicester & Liverpool.

Those defeats were fireable offences, it was over at that point but they let him limp on in the job until they were beaten by City and then smashed by Watford.

Conte had signed for Spurs and was already starting to get a tune out of a side looking like they were going into terminal decline.

I think if they hired Conte and gave him the backing Spurs have given him, they'd have turned it around incredibly quickly.

But they'd never hire someone as abrasive as Conte. Levy and Spurs want to win things and actually give a shit about football, Manchester United is basically a bank for an NFL Franchise and a Billionaire family.

They lost to Brighton today because Brighton have better players than them.

Another season and it's Fred, McTominay, Rashford etc again.

I don't know what it is they're hoping for?
Not quite sure I agree with that but Brighton are certainly better coached, have a system and their players are committed to what their manager wants them to do.

Manchester Utd have 11 helmets out for themselves.

I think you're right and for one reason: Antonio Conte.

Conte was jobless and practically begging for the Manchester United job (A few months after winning Serie A with Inter) whilst Solskjaer's United were getting battered by Leicester & Liverpool.

Those defeats were fireable offences, it was over at that point but they let him limp on in the job until they were beaten by City and then smashed by Watford.

Conte had signed for Spurs and was already starting to get a tune out of a side looking like they were going into terminal decline.

I think if they hired Conte and gave him the backing Spurs have given him, they'd have turned it around incredibly quickly.

But they'd never hire someone as abrasive as Conte. Levy and Spurs want to win things and actually give a shit about football, Manchester United is basically a bank for an NFL Franchise and a Billionaire family.
I really dont give a monkeys f uck what happens in english football but i do recognise a decent manager and i think conte is one

Clearly not wanting him to go, especially to Man U but you wonder with all the money going about that they don't throw £20m at Alfie.

It's like when sir matt Busby sat in the stand every week after retiring, they kept on changing managers, won an odd cup and got relegated.
Pressure seems to effect the managers when the last successful manager is looking on

Apparently they have spent a billion on players since Ferguson retired.

Really poor squad, really poor first team. Very few (if any) of their players would get into a top 4 sides matchday squads.

They are a side going nowhere other than mid table. Great to see, thoroughly deserving for their support.

Back