Man Utd finished as a force for the forceable future?

The manager has his work cut out here, needs a rebuild from the ground up!

It’s not going to be fixed in one transfer window anyway, it’ll take 6-8 windows to make a difference, all the diddies playing now are playing for the foreseeable or until someone buys them (stop laughing) it’s going to be a long haul!

The problem they have is they want a manager to come in have one transfer window and be straight back to challenging. It simply won’t happen. They are in a similar situation to us since 2012. They need to give a guy 5/6 windows to build a squad like we did with Gerrard. Ten hag will have a target of top 4 and a cup success this season and that would be a very good season for him

The problem they have is they want a manager to come in have one transfer window and be straight back to challenging. It simply won’t happen. They are in a similar situation to us since 2012. They need to give a guy 5/6 windows to build a squad like we did with Gerrard. Ten hag will have a target of top 4 and a cup success this season and that would be a very good season for him

They've got no chance at top 4 as it stands at the moment though.

There biggest issue is that whoever is in charge of transfers doesn't know what they're doing. You can have the best manager in the world but until they have competent recruitment they've got no chance.

Some comments from the bbc match report.

As a neutral, what a fantastic spectacle seeing the minnows of English football having a right good go at Brighton.

Eriksen kept Brentford up, but he's got his work cut out here.

I watched the game with my son. I said after Brighton's 2nd goal. 'that was a brilliant goal, they just carved the United defence to pieces' His reply was; 'Stephen Hawkings would get through that defence' The boy knows his stuff

To be fair, Brighton do have a pretty good record against the little teams

I'm not saying the United players weren't trying but even Prince Andrew sweats more than that.

A big issue is the amount of has beens they’ve got/had and not got rid of, Pogba,”J-Lingz”,Fred and the rest of the duds they pay a mint for.

The club must have a massive wage bill, they brought 3 players on near the end of the game today and I haven’t heard of a single one of them before

Man Utd main problem has been failure to back their managers. Moyes hardly got any of his first choice players and when you consider Man Utd had lost most of their back 4 that made it even worse. I remember a paper publishing Moyes transfer wish list and it would have made a good team (not collection of individuals). Jose didn't get backed by the board and i feel Pogba was more a board signing than a Jose signing ie lets make lots of merchandising sales pretty much the way Ronaldo was a printing money signing. Club is a total basket case and shows what happens when your owners pull out the same amount of money that your noisy neighbours get invested in them. It's going to take Man Utd to land the next manager responsible for the next tactical revolution in football to become successful again so probably another 10-20 years.
They've spent a billion since Fergie left. The managers have had backing but they've bought absolute shite and wasted fortunes.

I wonder if ronaldo wishes he had joined Man City last summer . Imagine taking grealish out that team and putting in ronaldo

Was there not talk a few weeks back that they’ve gave SAF a new role at United basically giving him more influence at the club?

I get that he won the lot at them but surely you’d need to stop listening to him given that it’s been 10 years he’s been out of football?

Neville made the point today that it doesn’t really matter who the manager is, until they start getting the decisions right up stairs then no one will be able to improve them. They are a disaster in the transfer market, buying people who are either past it for extortionate wages or spending fortunes on utter guff like Maguire. when the top players in the world are moving clubs United are barely in the conversation now.

For me they should be snapping up young talent in the 20 - 30 million bracket and hoping they turn good. For example even a player like Bassey would have been a great fit for them I think

Was there not talk a few weeks back that they’ve gave SAF a new role at United basically giving him more influence at the club?

I get that he won the lot at them but surely you’d need to stop listening to him given that it’s been 10 years he’s been out of football?

You could listen to Dave the taxi driver and do a better job than the current hierarchy.

The most Man U thing to do now is go and spend 100 million on Declan rice . An absolutely bang average player who is worth about half that. Ok no doubt he improved there midfield but that’s not hard when to Fred mctominay

Man Utd as a force in English football is no longer. The second Jose Mourinho left, any chances of them winning major silverware, ie titles and Champions leagues left with him.

They have a shambles of a board and middle management, terrible financial problems stemming from poor management on the board, bad investments, bad choice on and off the pitch and, of course, the loss of the greatest football manager in the history of the game and the task to replace and replicate that legacy.

All in all, a shite football club with a shite bunch of fans and generally shite players.

Arnautovich - if the rumours are to be believed - will get his perfect move
100k a week to sit on his arse

Man Utd are a shambles
It’s very satisfying to see

A few years back I thought that the Rt Hon Sir Trashford MBE was going to the top, but he's total shit now. Maguire for £80m has to be the funniest transfer of all time, Leon Balogun is a better central defender than that slabheeded cretin.

When Liverpools dominance ended in the 90s look how long it took them to win the League again can see the same happening to Man Utd
Its almost 10 years already I watched the game today Birghton looked like they would score every time they went up the park it was shambolic. TBH I fcuking luv it

Neville made the point today that it doesn’t really matter who the manager is, until they start getting the decisions right up stairs then no one will be able to improve them. They are a disaster in the transfer market, buying people who are either past it for extortionate wages or spending fortunes on utter guff like Maguire. when the top players in the world are moving clubs United are barely in the conversation now.

For me they should be snapping up young talent in the 20 - 30 million bracket and hoping they turn good. For example even a player like Bassey would have been a great fit for them I think
I'd actually have Bassey at LB over Luke Shaw

As others have said - a good manager is the least of their problems. They need to ship 6 or 7 first team members straight out the door for starters and add some real quality.

If things don't work out for Ten Hag they will have to live with it because the Dutch seem quite a stubborn bunch when it comes to football management. He won't change ...

In reality until they force out their owners they are and will remain nothing more than a money making organisation in the short term.

They are 3 or 4 years from even contemplating challenging, the manager looks to be in it for the long haul, so they have no option to overhaul the squad. The likes of Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Rashford all need replaced.
they would probably get 50-60 million for Rashford english hype pish and all that

agree but they need the right guy in charge for that Den Hagg may well be that guy the problem will be do they approve the correct rebuild and give him time. I doubt that will happen

Ten Hag clearly has no faith in the Utd scouting team already.

So far he's signed 2 of his ex players and a guy from the Eredivisie. The two other players they are after are De Jong, another ex player, and Arnautovic who played under Steve McLaren.

What are the scouting team even doing?
Watching Paul Pogba

The most Man U thing to do now is go and spend 100 million on Declan rice . An absolutely bang average player who is worth about half that. Ok no doubt he improved there midfield but that’s not hard when to Fred mctominay

That's one player I don't understand the hype for, but club's will pay over the odds for him one day. Most likely utd.

Need new owners who can structure the club to be an English and European force again.
They need new owners who can structure the club to be a modern football club. Not an institution structured to pay off debt.

They are a company run by seriously serious money men. Unfortunately.

They need to get back to being a football club run by football men.

They stand on the brink of the abyss. If it can be clawed back then it really is now or never.

I don't think there is a quick fix for them. A plan, maybe 3 to 5 years, is probably their best bet and i think they might be close to that with Ten Hag. But it is a coin toss and if they were to get it wrong?

Oblivion. Not easy to say as i consider 'United' my English team.

they would probably get 50-60 million for Rashford english hype pish and all that
They would do well to get 5-6 million for Rashford based on the last 2-3 seasons FFS. He is absolutely honking.

Luke Shaw. Been rotten for 5-6 seasons and still plays left back every week.

De Gea getting 250k a week after trying to leave and while not the worst last season, had a few years where he was a laughing stock.

Scott McTominay/Fred is like a midfield you would expect from Bournemouth FFS. Arguably the worst central midfielding pairing in that league.

Maguire. Laughing stock of English football and gets booed by his own fans he is that bad.

I'd be surprised if they make top half this season unless they sign 2 or 3 good players before the deadline. They really are a bad lot.

I actually think he still has the chance to be a decent manger for them...but it takes the fans accepting they're no longer title contenders for a while and let him build an ethos...and no way they'll allow that.

They would do well to get 5-6 million for Rashford based on the last 2-3 seasons FFS. He is absolutely honking.

Luke Shaw. Been rotten for 5-6 seasons and still plays left back every week.

De Gea getting 250k a week after trying to leave and while not the worst last season, had a few years where he was a laughing stock.

Scott McTominay/Fred is like a midfield you would expect from Bournemouth FFS. Arguably the worst central midfielding pairing in that league.

Maguire. Laughing stock of English football and gets booed by his own fans he is that bad.

I'd be surprised if they make top half this season unless they sign 2 or 3 good players before the deadline. They really are a bad lot.
agree he has been honking but if they were to sell him to a Everton for example they would get 50 mill they are nuts down there.

Biggest mistake was letting OGS hang around so long. It's still hard to believe he was allowed so much time.
The players decided to start trying after Mourinho left and that got him the job.

Crazy and will take years to recover from.

When a football club take the words football club off their badge you know they are trying to turn themselves in to some sort of corporate brand.,they lost their soul a long time ago .

also with missing out on the champions league more frequently ,will this not affect the value of the amount of money being out in by their dozens of sponsors ?

Whatever way you view this - they really don't look the part
Their defence today were almost clueless at times & without taking anything away from Brighton- they've not got the greatest forward line or are some extraordinary attacking force- but they easily could have scored more

Man U have some good individual players- but I wonder how many can be described as good 'team' players
They certainly don't look anything like a team who play for each other - or have a decent team spirit

Then there's the development or maybe lack of it - with their youngsters -
When Rashford first broke into their team - I really did think he was a future superstar
If anything he seems to have regressed -
not improved since his debut

Without some sort of drastic change - you can see many teams taking points off them this season

But if any example of how past successes don't mean shit - or no club has any sort of right to repeat the past if they don't warrant it - then this must be a near perfect example

Back