West Ham kiosk pricing

I really struggle to get upset at stuff like this. They play in the money-pantomime EPL in a massive fancy new stadium. A couple of beers will only set you back 3 or 4 pounds more than in a bar in London would anyway, plus its event staff which makes it more expensive to run for a day than a pub that's open 7 days a week. There should be free water points if anyone needs it, as per the law.

None of these things are necessities. If you think it's too expensive don't buy it.

Years ago when I was in my 20’s a pie and bovril at the match was all part of it but I can’t remember the last time I’ve bought anything in the stadium.

My mate used to refer to the burger vans outside the stadium perimeters down the side of the Louden etc as RPBs (Reasonably Priced Burgers) but after the Spurs match I paid £4.50 for a cheeseburger from the van on Fairley Street and gave it a miss yesterday.

I don’t buy expensive clothes or anything really so I never watch my pennies if I’m out for the day were food and drink is concerned but with all these prices rises I question do I really want or need this.

It was £5 for a pint at the AFC Wimbledon game at the end of last season

Hell mend people handing over their cash for that. They charge what they know they can sell for.

Football, concerts, events etc all the same. Rip off c88nts.

That's about a quid dearer than most places in Belfast city centre these days

And the same price I was paying for a pint at a concert recently

The bigger issue is how can they have a pint at a game and we can't?
Yet the rugger pricks can !!!

One thing I will give that Stadium is it is pretty quick to get a pint, don't think I've seen so many service points in a UK Stadium before. £6 is about fair in my opinion, remember going Tennis at o2 in 2009 and a pint was £4.30. Paid £2.80 for an Oasis at Ewood Park last week and £3.70 for a pint of coke in the boozer outside Preston Station!

Folk saying "that's okay" have been conditioned to that nonsense.

To say £7.60 for a pint and £4.50 for a wee bottle of coke is okay is just fucking absurd.
I don't care of it's London or Govan, there should be a law against it.
Its like fuel for the car. We were disgusted when it was 1.99 per litre, now its down to 1.86 or so we think thats ok.
Conditioning

One thing I will give that Stadium is it is pretty quick to get a pint, don't think I've seen so many service points in a UK Stadium before. £6 is about fair in my opinion, remember going Tennis at o2 in 2009 and a pint was £4.30. Paid £2.80 for an Oasis at Ewood Park last week and £3.70 for a pint of coke in the boozer outside Preston Station!
£3.70 for a pint of coke? On the gun i assume - that is fkn ridiculous.

The thing is after a few pints you get the taste and want more.

Stuck in a ground for a few hours you pay it.

Crisps £2.50 they are about 75p normally.

Some mark up, absolute mental.

Part of it is due to the fact that English clubs (especially those run by Americans) are not football clubs anymore. They are franchises, run on a similar way to the New York Yankees or the Chicago Bulls, just to name two of them.

They are here to maximize profits and those profits come from charging abusive prices to fans, fans who still believe to be suporting a football team, not a franchise.

It’s all relative

Average salary Glasgow £30k, average salary London £53k

Average house price Glasgow £207k average house price London £523k

If you thought it was bad at Ibrox look at this, disgusting for what is meant to be a working man’s game.

I actually don’t think this is terrible when viewed in context (however I wouldn’t pay it).

These concessions only have a potential customer base of 60k (ish) at West Ham and perhaps 30% of them will use the outlets regularly (just a guess), that means they have around 3hrs / week to sell to 18k people.

People on the high street can sell for 10hrs / day 7 days a week to a lot more than 18k people.

They presumably still have to buy their stock in at approximately the same as their competitors.

Anywhere with a limited level of footfall always is more expensive and I tend to think it’s more because of who they can’t sell to as apposed to who they can.

Can folk not go without a pint for 90 mins anyway?

Few pints before the game suits me in a pub.

Last thing on my mind is a pint inside the ground.

I would just annoy fellow bears up and down needing a pish. :confused:

'A working man's game'? Where have you been for the last 30-40 years mate?

In truth, if you want a beer - or a soft drink or food for that matter - you buy it elsewhere before you go in. Just the same as its cheaper to 'smuggle' sweets etc into the cinema for your kids rather than buy in there.

I know there isn't and never will be, but my personal opinion is there should be.

If you can implement a minimum price law(Scots) then a maximum price law shouldn't be out of the question.

In saying that, hell mend the tits that pay it, I certainly wouldn't and I have a pathological hatred of tight arsed bastards.
Wandering off topic i know, but other things there should be a law against are hotels ripping the piss by putting up their prices by 300% etc on certain dates and airlines deliberately selling more seats than they have capacity. Its as if they have cart blanche to make cuunts of everyone and consumer rights dont exist.

That’s what the half charger is made for.

My brother had a fish and chips at it when we went a few months ago. Pricing dear for pints but the food is class.

Folk can go 90 minutes without, but the option should be there. Wanting a pint and needing a pint are two different things.

Folk can go 90 minutes without, but the option should be there. Wanting a pint and needing a pint are two different things.

Why not just go and watch the game without the option of a beer in the ground?

Sounds good to me.

They are there for the game apparently not the bevvy. Although at times i beg to differ.

Why not just go and watch the game without the option of a beer in the ground?

Sounds good to me.

They are there for the game apparently not the bevvy. Although at times i beg to differ.
Because it’s a sporting event and people are there to enjoy themselves. Offering beer at cricket, rugby and Ice Hockey proves its a classist decision.

There are people that don’t eat at Ibrox, should we not sell that because some don’t want it?

If you thought it was bad at Ibrox look at this, disgusting for what is meant to be a working man’s game.

Compared to other large sporting events, concerts, theatre shows etc. the prices at Ibrox are not that bad. The extent of the moaning that takes place on FF, however, is in a totally different League.

Because there's no boozers close to the ground a lot of folk go over a couple of hours before ko and get a few beers either inside the stadium or at the beer stalls inside the ground perimeter.

It's not like up here where folk are crammed into pubs til the last minute before heading up to the game, a tad more civilised.

I was at the Tattoo in Edinburgh at weekend and pubs there were getting dear. £14 for 2 x Havana 7’s and coke

£5.90 for a Moretti in Cottier's in Glasgow. Just don't go if you don't want to pay.

In a football ground it's a bit different. No other place to go.

A bit over the top.

I went to Burnley v Luton on Saturday.

Pre and post match we were in the excellent Burnley Miners Club. Incredibly only £2.07 a pint - a round of drinks for four of us was less than a tenner!

Even in our Luton Supporters Club it's nearly double that price for a pint (£3.95)

Because there's no boozers close to the ground a lot of folk go over a couple of hours before ko and get a few beers either inside the stadium or at the beer stalls inside the ground perimeter.

It's not like up here where folk are crammed into pubs til the last minute before heading up to the game, a tad more civilised.
yeah mate I much prefer that.

I went to Burnley v Luton on Saturday.

Pre and post match we were in the excellent Burnley Miners Club. Incredibly only £2.07 a pint - a round of drinks for four of us was less than a tenner!

Even in our Luton Supporters Club it's nearly double that price for a pint (£3.95)
It's fine if you can get in but we were there at the Villa game last season and it was members only

Back