Criticism of Colak is over the top

Big man knows where the net is. Give him the chances and he'll likely put them away.

Two games running now he's scored crucial goals. Opening goal at the weekend and now the goal to bring the tie level. Can't help but feel a few have tried to sell him short, as some sort of a flat track bully who'll only wrack up the score against the dross in the league.
He could score a hatrick all assisted by Scott Wright and it would genuinely annoy folk on here. It's embarrassing at times.

If their favourites don't score its not good enough.

The big fella bust a gut tonight, his off the ball runs in the first half with not one of our players finding him was criminal.

He worked hard and got the poachers goal and such a crucial goal too.

The majority of posters on here who’ve been criticising him know little or nothing about football and/or are no fans of Rangers.

He worked hard on Saturday and got his goal, he worked hard the week before, no service, got a goal which was incorrectly chopped off.

However, if he fails to score in his next 2 or 3 games, the panty wetters will be out in force again.

He’s a player and will score goals for us, I see him at 20+ for the season.

The big fella bust a gut tonight, his off the ball runs in the first half with not one of our players finding him was criminal.

The majority of posters on here who’ve been criticising him know little or nothing about football and/or are no fans of Rangers.

He worked hard on Saturday and got his goal, he worked hard the week before, no service, got a goal which was incorrectly chopped off.

However, if he fails to score in his next 2 or 3 games, the panty wetters will be out in force again.

All up to him of course but I can see him becomng a real Ranger!

All up to him of course but I can see him becomng a real Ranger!
He will mate, not the most skilful or the deftest of touches as we seen with one tonight, but he doesn’t hide and comes back for more.

He’s a player and he’s got the Croatian fighting spirit, he won’t give a toss about a few wee Scottish Fannie’s in the mhedia and forum boards criticising him.

I'm not trawling thru 350+ posts to see if it's already been mentioned.

It's been suggested to me that he's the only player to score for and against Rangers in Euro competition. Is that true ?

Own goals dont count.

He’s looked a little off the pace in the last few games, but that’s four games out of five where he’s delivered from around the six yard box*

That goal he scored on tonight was a proper poacher’s finish and we haven’t had a player like that in ages.

*I know Livi didn’t count but he was inside and it was a classic strikers finish).

He’s looked a little off the pace in the last few games, but that’s four games out of five where he’s delivered from around the six yard box*

That goal he scored on tonight was a proper poacher’s finish and we haven’t had a player like that in ages.

*I know Livi didn’t count but he was inside and it was a classic strikers finish).
No he hasn’t.

He’s scored in nearly every game he’s played :))

Where do we find a striker that is

A) Good enough?

B) Happy to play at best second fiddle to Alfie, possibly third behind Colak?

It’s not as simple as just going out to buy buy buy.
Why would we not look for the best we can buy, this third-choice nonsense is laughable whoever scores the goals will be the first choice.

No he hasn’t.

He’s scored in nearly every game he’s played :))

Why can’t both be true? It doesn’t need to be a black and white situation :)

Plenty around us moaning at his movement (or lack there) on Saturday (same complaint in the first Union leg) but then he pops up with the all important second goal. Same again tonight.

Reckon he’ll get sharper and there’s more to come from him.

Why can’t both be true? It doesn’t need to be a black and white situation :)

Plenty around us moaning at his movement (or lack there) on Saturday (same complaint in the first Union leg) but then he pops up with the all important second goal. Same again tonight.

Reckon he’ll get sharper and there’s more to come from him.
It is a black and white situation though, especially when you’re debating with people who expect him to replicate Morelos.

I’m not saying this is that debate, but still.

Can he do what Morelos does? No.

Is he a far better poacher and finisher than Morelos? Yes.

To me, that’s black and white.

Bottom line is that without Colak's goals we wouldn't be in the final play offs!
Comparisons with Morelos are a total waste of time, they're entirely different players that play entirely different styles and give us entirely different options!
Colak's goal ratio is right up there with what you'd hope for from a CF and it'll only get better as the team starts to gel.

It is a black and white situation though, especially when you’re debating with people who expect him to replicate Morelos.

I’m not saying this is that debate, but still.

Can he do what Morelos does? No.

Is he a far better poacher and finisher than Morelos? Yes.

To me, that’s black and white.
Morelos is just back from 5 months off

He's proven against top European teams

If alfie stays unless gio finds a way to play both colak will be on the bench

Morelos is just back from 5 months off

He's proven against top European teams

If alfie stays unless gio finds a way to play both colak will be on the bench
But he’s still not a natural finisher.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’d start Colak ahead of Morelos, but it’s clear that he has a much more natural eye for a poacher’s finish than Morelos does.

I simply want Gio and the team - and the fans - to adapt to it when Colak’s starting, and accept that not all strikers can magically turn into Morelos and occupy a full defence on his own.

I said the exact same thing to my brother at half time. He was getting himself into some great spaces but no one seemed to see him.

I wasn’t convinced by him & thought his touch, control or positioning didn’t look great (there was still a wee bit of that last night), but it’s difficult to argue against a goal a game return.

I also thought his 2 first half headers on goal were very decent efforts, so am warming to him.

He’s a player and works his socks off he’s no Alfie but he will score plenty of goals for us given service.

We need to learn to play to his strengths as he was unlucky tonight especially with the header he had which was extremely difficult to take and he wasn’t far away.

Colak will do for me.

Guy will convert chances at a higher rate than any other player we have on our books, he won't be as much of a handful as Morelos but given the same amount of chances he'll score more goals.

You’re gaining yourself a real reputation for being the FF dunce aren’t you?

Quick to write players off and looking silly in return. Hope you enjoyed his goal tonight at least.
Unlike you all smug and smart with hindsight.

Read my words he MAY write himself off first based on how he played last Tuesday , thankfully he appears to have been coached or wakened up to the fact he needed to play differently , long may it continue,

And yes i enjoyed his goal and the result.

Anyone writing Colak off after a couple of games (including ones he scored in) are complete fannies B-)

Even if goals are chopped off, you’d be wise to keep it in mind when analysing a player. If that goal stood at Livi some criticising would have been creaming their pants.

He isn’t a Morelos, that’s for sure. He’s not going to rag doll defences. But what he does bring is smart movement finding space in the box. That needs service.

I wasn’t convinced by him & thought his touch, control or positioning didn’t look great (there was still a wee bit of that last night), but it’s difficult to argue against a goal a game return.

I also thought his 2 first half headers on goal were very decent efforts, so am warming to him.

He'll be relieved to hear this.

I'm not trawling thru 350+ posts to see if it's already been mentioned.

It's been suggested to me that he's the only player to score for and against Rangers in Euro competition. Is that true ?

Own goals dont count.
Can't be the only player because Barisic is also in that category.

Clearly reacted in the right way after the criticism received. Movement last two matches has been a hell of a lot better. Seem's more fired up too. Goal on Saturday will have done him the world of good.

Had money on him to score a header last night, he could have had a hat-trick of them. He's good in the air, he's shown he can finish.

I think the majority predicted he'd score goals if given the service. He's showing so far that he caan be dangerous in front of goal.

It’s absolute bullshit the level of criticism he’s received

It's absolute clueless pish.

He's already scored against Spurs, Killie and last night.
He's also had disallowed goals against Blackpool, West Ham and Livi.

He's a very good finisher, but there's also much more to his game than that.

His off the ball movement is excellent, as his work rate, particularly when the opposition are in possession.

He's already proved to be an outstanding signing, with goals that have proved to be crucial for our club.

Last edited:
I think the best way to view him is similar to Boyd And if he bangs in the same amount of goals no one will give a feck about anything else.

The first thing to look for in a striker is his first touch, and he has a great first touch on the ball; he seems to read the game well, anticipates things well, and can header a ball. He'll do well here.

Colak will do absolutely fine for us too many pantywetters in our support who write people off.
Comparing him to morelos is a silly argument aswell

Very different player than Alfie but play to his strengths and he will get a lot of goals. He is a good finisher both in the air and on the ground

I’ll ask this again

Is that 5 times Colak has had the ball in the net in 5 matches ?

I genuinely can’t be sure as I missed the pre season fixtures.

Scored vs West Ham, good finish but marginally offside.

Scored vs Spurs

Scored vs Livingston, incorrectly ruled offside

Scored vs Kilmarnock

Scored vs USG

Bearing in mind he's barely had any chances to work with that is not bad going, give him service he will score, literally the Croatian Kris Boyd, and that's not a bad thing.

The less said about the eejits on here writing him off the better, absolute rockets.

Back