Teammates Who Disliked Each Other

Googled that Pique/Gavi situation and after seeing a pic of the mum I’m going to go out on a limb and say big Pique didn’t hit that when he had Shakira waiting in the house.

I think we can more or less guarantee that Gough had dedication, self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
Whilst Derek Ferguson didn't

I know he did, but using some career as a barometer of someone’s personality can’t be done.

There are lots of examples of footballers that are absolute throbbers yet still have had marvellous careers.

I’m not disagreeing that Ferguson isn’t thick as mince whilst Gough is regarding as a dedicated man throughout his career.

Intellectually, Derek Ferguson is the equivalent of a sausage.
Gough has a lot more going for him than Derek.
Ferguson can’t string a fvcking sentence together.
Wasn't keen on Francis myself. When he took his penalty in the Skol cup final and didn't even look to the fans. Disgusting.

I know he did, but using some career as a barometer of someone’s personality can’t be done.

There are lots of examples of footballers that are absolute throbbers yet still have had marvellous careers.

I’m not disagreeing that Ferguson isn’t thick as mince whilst Gough is regarding as a dedicated man throughout his career.
Fergie is probably a decent guy to share a pint with, and maybe Big Ricard is a bit more serious.
I always resented Derek Ferguson throwing away his Rangers career, he had so much ability and really should have been a legend.

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
Probably explains why their respective careers panned out the way they did.

Reactions: VGM
More manager not on getting with player but there again it could be have been a tactical decision but Souness v McCoist relationship deserves a mention or at least being discussed.

McCoist was nick named 'The Judge' because he sat on the bench for so long with Souness in charge after Mo Johnson signed post 1989. Although Souness might have thought Hateley and Mo Johnson the better pairing.

Then there was the incident where McCoist went to the races the day before a game I think, and Souness made him make a public apology on TV rather than a private dressing down and fine.

McCoist and Durrant bought joke soap and Souness used it the shower and was left with stains on his body that he couldn't get off for days. I don't think Souness would have found that funny! If ever there was someone who didn't suffer 'fools' gladly it would be Souness (not that McCoist and Durrant are fools by the way).

Maybe Souness was jealous of McCoist's popularity, personality and character or he benched Ally just as a tactical decision. Might be wrong here but when Walter took charge in 1991 McCoist seemed permanently restored.

Last edited:
Never heard that one before.

Rio proper hated most Chelsea/Liverpool players when they went on England duty. Think him and Lampard had a weird ongoing personal dislike.

Like most of the issues mentioned on here it was supposedly about one of them banging the others girlfriend.

Could be b/s but he was adamant.

Been told a few stories about Craig Moore that made him unpopular with fans and players alike. One involved Bomber threatening to leather him at a supporters function for wankish behaviour to the committee members.
I actually asked Bomber when I met him about it and he just winked and grinned at me.

Did you hear him on co comms Saturday? He'd put an eccie to sleep. Geat captain and leader but not particularly insightful into the game, probably why he doesn't get offered much msm punditry.

He's the boring big cu*t in your school team nobody really hangs about with but first name on the teamsheet.
PMSL

I remember collecting autographs as a kid and while the likes of McCoist, Butcher and Walters couldn’t be any more accommodating, Richard Gough always made it look like a chore.

PMSL

I remember collecting autographs as a kid and while the likes of McCoist, Butcher and Walters couldn’t be any more accommodating, Richard Gough always made it look like a chore.
That's a thread on its own.

Billy Dodds was the worst I've ever witnessed at autographs, walking past people completely blanking them.

He’s split up with her over cheating so it’s possible

94d60a0dcf5dca370e8b83bc433e40c1.jpeg

If he was doing the dirty on Shakira, it’s no with this.

I'm sure Goldson was at Tav's house when we won the league. I get the impression they are best friends and the leaders of the team.
They were fairly good last night with Tillman, after he gave away the free-kick, just before half time. Tillman got a lot of encouragement from that; Goldson and Tavenier get on very well.

In Marco Negri's autobiography he is very critical of Lorenzo Amoruso

I’m sure in Amo’s book he blames Nergri’s girlfriend/wife for them falling out. Been 20 years since I read it, but but recall Amo makes her out to be completely unhinged

Never heard that one before.

Rio proper hated most Chelsea/Liverpool players when they went on England duty. Think him and Lampard had a weird ongoing personal dislike.
Makes you wonder if that kind of thing put more pressure on the squad at major tournaments more than other things.

Just because teammates fight doesn’t mean they hate/hated each other.

Souness & Phil Thompson properly loath each other.

Was there not a rumour back in the day about Mols & de Boer not having much time for one another?

Guy I used to play 7s with years ago had some corporate dealings at both us and them and got to meet the players at both clubs. A massive fan of that mob but he said that Sutton was an absolute tadger - to the extent that Mjallby, Larsson et al. were embarrassed and basically covering for him.

He visited Auchenhowie a week later and said everyone was absolutely brand new with him.

That ghastly little scr*te Pat Nevin was asked this question on that early-morning footy programme on Radio 4 - he mentioned his time at Chelsea, with Derek Johnstone and Doug Rougvie in the same team. Said that they never spoke to each other the whole time! (I wonder why!?)

Reactions: ao2
Read in Slims autobiography that he now understands why Harold Davis was so hard on him.He said it was more like a big brother who watched his younger brother piss it all away.Baxter also stated he wished he had listened to Davis.

I remember HD saying he'd an altercation with JB - in the dressing room at half time - JB had chewed out HD on the pitch for some reason
When they got back in the dressing room Davis had grabbed him by the throat & picked him up by one hand & lifted him off the ground to tell him - 'don't you ever speak to me like that again'
Scot Symon ran up & shouted -'Harold - Harold - put Jim down'

All sounds funny now
But I certainly wouldn't like to have crossed Davis -

Read somewhere (probably on here) that John Greig and Gordon Smith didn’t get on.
The open goal interview with Gordon smith, he talks about it. Said Greig brought him back on loan, played him in the cup final we lost to Celtic then sent him straight back to Brighton, smith seen this as him being blamed for the defeat. He’s says a few other things that doesnt makes Greig come across very well but can’t remember from the top of my head.

Guy I used to play 7s with years ago had some corporate dealings at both us and them and got to meet the players at both clubs. A massive fan of that mob but he said that Sutton was an absolute tadger - to the extent that Mjallby, Larsson et al. were embarrassed and basically covering for him.

He visited Auchenhowie a week later and said everyone was absolutely brand new with him.
I seen a load of our players out with theirs one night.
First in the Monkey Bar and then Trash.
Sutton was standing himself growling at people. Hartson fell flat on his face too, which was nice.

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
That attitude kinda points towards how Gough went on to become our greatest ever captain and Ferguson went on to become a waste of space.

Intellectually, Derek Ferguson is the equivalent of a sausage.
Gough has a lot more going for him than Derek.
Ferguson can’t string a fvcking sentence together.

Correct, if he'd had an IQ higher than a sausage, he might not have pished his career up against a wall.

Been told a few stories about Craig Moore that made him unpopular with fans and players alike. One involved Bomber threatening to leather him at a supporters function for wankish behaviour to the committee members.
I actually asked Bomber when I met him about it and he just winked and grinned at me.

Moore meant to be a bit of a tosser with a drink in him and loves a scoop by all accounts!

Another one that threw away his Rangers career.

That says everything you need to know about Derek Ferguson

Back