Teammates Who Disliked Each Other

What's the story about this?
Apparently Hughes had a deal with Adidas as Liverpool captain to be given a load of football gear where it was expected that it would be shared amongst the first team squad. Hughes put all the gear into his sports shop in Sheffield according to Smith with the intention of selling it on for profit for Hughes. There are other accusations from Smith about Hughes in his book 'Anfield Iron'. I'll dig the book out and let you know the rest. Iirc one of the accusations was about Hughes trying to bribe another team to throw a game, maybe Wolves in 1972. I'll confirm this for you later on

Goram and Roy Keane at Man Utd for obvious reasons.
The reason being Keane is a walloper and a bully and the goalie wasn’t slow in telling him.

I did hear a story from a woman that was friends with Laudrups wife, and had no reason to lie, that Gazza said something to Laudrups son thinking he was being funny that fell short of the mark and really upset the kid. Laudrup wasn’t slow in getting hold of Gazza, literally, and telling him what would happen if he so much as looked at his son again. It was along the lines of the kid was looking for his dad and asked Gazza if he’d seen him. Gazza told him they had already left as a wind up. Kid takes off in tears and panicking and that’s when his dad found him.

They are tight. I read and interview were they said they have been good friends since tav went to shrewsbury on loan.
They seem to play well together and I am sure that one of the reasons that Connor enjoys being at the club is through his friendship with Tav.
They are captain and vice-captain, stalwart and stalwart, ever-present and ever-present.
In truth, they are the spine of the side and they underpin the fantastic team spirit that runs through the entire club.

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
The cheek of the ned, Ferguson is a condom

More manager not on getting with player but there again it could be have been a tactical decision but Souness v McCoist relationship deserves a mention or at least being discussed.

McCoist was nick named 'The Judge' because he sat on the bench for so long with Souness in charge after Mo Johnson signed post 1989. Although Souness might have thought Hateley and Mo Johnson the better pairing.

Then there was the incident where McCoist went to the races the day before a game I think, and Souness made him make a public apology on TV rather than a private dressing down and fine.

McCoist and Durrant bought joke soap and Souness used it the shower and was left with stains on his body that he couldn't get off for days. I don't think Souness would have found that funny! If ever there was someone who didn't suffer 'fools' gladly it would be Souness (not that McCoist and Durrant are fools by the way).

Maybe Souness was jealous of McCoist's popularity, personality and character or he benched Ally just as a tactical decision. Might be wrong here but when Walter took charge in 1991 McCoist seemed permanently restored.
I met Walter smith in Majorca not long after mark Hateley signed and asked about Ally. Walter said as long as he was at Ibrox so would ally be

If you were a good player and dedicated trainer you wouldn't have any problem with Roy Keane.
No doubt. All good players but lack of dedication would appear to be a pet hate of Keane’s. His comments about Mark Bosnich are another example. Possibly why he hasn’t been able to make it happen as a manager - people don’t come up to his standards.

I actually think they thought highly of one another. I always remember after we beat Hearts 5-1 in the cup final, Gazza described Laudrup as the "most unselfish footballer" he had ever played with.
I remember Gazza saying in a documentary “Brian was great. If I was knackered in a game I’d say to Brian I’m shattered dos a favour and take the ball for a run for a bit”.

Barton and Dabo.

Shearer and Owen

Pretty sure Steffan Effenberg was hated by most of his team mates. Part of the reason he retired from the German national team quite young.
Effenberg just looks like a cünt. Lad I used to work with Ross, used to play for Aberdeen. In a pre-seasom friendly he marked/played/kicked Effenberg off the park so much that he point blank refused to shake his hand at thee end (may even have demanded to be subbed as well but memory might be playing tricks on me there).

Derek had all the ability in the world and a very good football brain.
The rest of the brain was missing.
The funny thing is , i dont think Ferguson was that great, pretty slow and didnt score much.
Flattered to decieve imo, Durrant could have been world class though, and wasnt that far from it pre injury.

Lawrie Sanchez & John Fashanu never spoke to each other at Wimbledon.

Miroslav Djukic & Cañizares, both Champions League finalists against Real Madrid in 2000, didn't exchange a word on or off the field.

Watching an Andy Cole documentary just now where he's talking about how him and Teddy Sheringham didn't exchange a word while they were at Man United together in the late '90s. When they did chat, Dwight Yorke was the mediator between them, passing on what the other said.

I know Porrini/Negri is the obvious one, but any others? I think it's safe to say Davie Weir thought Kyle Lafferty was a complete weapon.
I don’t think this is true. I happened to spend a bit of time with one of their team mates last night and the story he told was that they were friends and that they didn’t have much time for Gattuso and Amoruso, something to do with a north/south divide in Italy. Negri’s Mrs refused, point blank, to have anything to do with LA & RG.

Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smith at Liverpool.
Was at a Sportsmans dinner many years ago where Smith was one of the speakers
Did a good 15 mins on his hatred of Hughes and claimed it was a view shared by most at L'pool
Seemed to be based mainly in jealousy at Huges'media profile and consequent earnings at a time when footballers were well paid but far from the level they earn now
The line I remember was that Hughes'claimed Crazy Horse nickname was inaccurate and purely a media creation. His real nickname was Thrush because he was an irritating c

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
If Derek Ferguson was as committed as Gough, no one would remember Souness.

That’s the story I heard (during stretches) but in true FF fashion we have people claiming he was pissed on, had his clothes pissed on and had his bath pissed in :))
He was lying on the ground doing stretches at training and Gazza pished on him. I remember him being interviewed about it.

Estudiantes is Veron's club. When playing in Europe he used to send money back to help pay the bills, youth development etc....
That’s brilliant. I really liked Veron in the Simeone documentary. Didn’t see a lot of him but I thought he came over as an impressive guy.

What a player he was too. Another one the English just didn’t appreciate.

Just proves what a melt DF is.

Not fit to lace Gough's Predators.

Story is Gazza pissed on his clothes. Great player but at times a total lady's front bottom of a person.
Absolutely. There's "pranks" and then there's asking to get your kunt kicked in. Absolutely incredible on the park but %^*& knowing him off it. Unfortunately because he was rich and brilliant on the park, people just blew smoke up his arse instead of straightening him out - hence he is where he is today.

Fergie is probably a decent guy to share a pint with, and maybe Big Ricard is a bit more serious.
I always resented Derek Ferguson throwing away his Rangers career, he had so much ability and really should have been a legend.
A wonderful prospect with us, on arrival at Sunderland he allegedly drove his car the wrong way round a roundabout, injuring 3 team-mates.

He was lying on the ground doing stretches at training and Gazza pished on him. I remember him being interviewed about it.
Must have some cock on him because according to others on here he was in the dressing room or any other made up location.

Re Tommy Smith- he sounds like quite a horrible and bitter man, he seems to hate everyone. I’m sure he hates Souness with a passion.

And speaking of horrible bitter people… I too had the misfortune to meet Sutton and team mates on a night out. They weren’t drinking because they had a game in the morning (we were at a hotel). Sutton was just obnoxious and his mates looked embarrassed for him.

Been told a few stories about Craig Moore that made him unpopular with fans and players alike. One involved Bomber threatening to leather him at a supporters function for wankish behaviour to the committee members.
I actually asked Bomber when I met him about it and he just winked and grinned at me.
I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t absolutey shite themselves at the prospect of fighting John Brown.

Reactions: cav
I remember HD saying he'd an altercation with JB - in the dressing room at half time - JB had chewed out HD on the pitch for some reason
When they got back in the dressing room Davis had grabbed him by the throat & picked him up by one hand & lifted him off the ground to tell him - 'don't you ever speak to me like that again'
Scot Symon ran up & shouted -'Harold - Harold - put Jim down'

All sounds funny now
But I certainly wouldn't like to have crossed Davis -
Yea,read that as well

No doubt. All good players but lack of dedication would appear to be a pet hate of Keane’s. His comments about Mark Bosnich are another example. Possibly why he hasn’t been able to make it happen as a manager - people don’t come up to his standards.
Equally, sociopaths make poor team-mates/managers.

I remember Amoruso and Albertz having a bust up during a team warm down at Rugby Park early on one season.

Not sure if it was physical

Possibly to do with Amoruso demanding to take all the free kicks and blazing most of them out the stadium. I know that pissed Advocaat off.

Back