Away fans

There might be a reason but why have away fans got such a good view at Ibrox? Looks terrible on tv seeing hundreds of empty seats on camera. Surely away fans should be in the crap seats in the wings of enclosure
Its a waste that separation corner, having bears all the way round from BF1 to the Copland front would make the stadium more intimidating and create a better atmosphere imo.
Stick away fans somewhere else

Its a waste that separation corner, having bears all the way round from BF1 to the Copland front would make the stadium more intimidating and create a better atmosphere imo.
Stick away fans somewhere else

Should be in extreme of enclosure or up in the end of the club deck with netting infront. Just seems like overkill and the amount of seats we are giving up is criminal

Seems a very weak reason. Surely it’s just as easy to access the enclosures. Looks terrible on tv and means we need to leave segregation on Both sides
Try putting the Tims up there or Aberdeen.

It would be carnage.

When i went to games years ago.
Hibs etc used to get put into the main stand.

Reactions: WBD
Try putting the Tims up there or Aberdeen.

It would be carnage.

When i went to games years ago.
Hibs etc used to get put into the main stand.

Don’t know how it would be any different from now. They would have a wall to one side and there would be segregation the other side. Right now we lose too many seats. Never once seen genuine trouble inside Ibrox

Don’t know how it would be any different from now. They would have a wall to one side and there would be segregation the other side. Right now we lose too many seats. Never once seen genuine trouble inside Ibrox
Would need more mentally challenged barriers to get them in and out lol

Hibs even set fire to Msin Stand with a flare..
What a noise it made when it went off.
I was in Govan Front that day.

Got stuck in the netting above them and dropped back in amongst them.
It could've been a disaster as it was all wooden seats back then.

Hibs were nuts in those days-same with Aberdeen.

It seems like this debate raises its head from time to time.

The SW corner is the easiest place to bottle up away fans , fairly short cordons can be put in place if required.

Relocate them to the west enclosure and you have a more complex job of kettling rowdy away fans into the ground. There is also an issue with where the club deck and enclosure exits are located. The turnstiles are very close together so it would be difficult to have one support in the West enclosure and another team in the club deck.

People have suggested housing the away fans in one end of the club deck which isn't a bad idea until you consider the club deck has 2 exits. If 600 away fans are at one end and 3000+ Rangers fans are in the remainder of the stands then you have a huge number of fans using only one staircase to exit. The away fan staircase then emerges in between the home turnstiles of west enclosure and fans exiting the Copland.

What a noise it made when it went off.
I was in Govan Front that day.

Got stuck in the netting above them and dropped back in amongst them.
It could've been a disaster as it was all wooden seats back then.

Hibs were nuts in those days-same with Aberdeen.
Was in the West Enclosure not sure if that was same day there was trouble outside at the turnstiles..

It seems like this debate raises its head from time to time.

The SW corner is the easiest place to bottle up away fans , fairly short cordons can be put in place if required.

Relocate them to the west enclosure and you have a more complex job of kettling rowdy away fans into the ground. There is also an issue with where the club deck and enclosure exits are located. The turnstiles are very close together so it would be difficult to have one support in the West enclosure and another team in the club deck.

People have suggested housing the away fans in one end of the club deck which isn't a bad idea until you consider the club deck has 2 exits. If 600 away fans are at one end and 3000+ Rangers fans are in the remainder of the stands then you have a huge number of fans using only one staircase to exit. The away fan staircase then emerges in between the home turnstiles of west enclosure and fans exiting the Copland.
There is 2 set of turnstiles for the Club Deck - one at front which is also has the West Enclosure turnstiles and one at the side of the Blue Gates which also has an entrance for our Club Deck Hospitality

Then you have the issue of segregating the concourse as well to ensure toilets and catering not as easy people think

Seems a very weak reason. Surely it’s just as easy to access the enclosures. Looks terrible on tv and means we need to leave segregation on Both sides
We used to give them the area where the Union bears are but I think that led to issues with home support being above - would be same with allocating enclosure. So either they need enough away fans to go above or they would be empty. The corner is easier to steward coming and going especially with the more antagonistic away supporters.

How much are we losing in ticket sales with this area reserved for away fans.
Some of the best seats in the stadium seldom getting used.
Stick away fans into the end of the enclosure, move the Union Bears into where away fans currently sit and move the fans from the enclosure into where the Union Bears currently sit.

How much are we losing in ticket sales with this area reserved for away fans.
Some of the best seats in the stadium seldom getting used.
Stick away fans into the end of the enclosure, move the Union Bears into where away fans currently sit and move the fans from the enclosure into where the Union Bears currently sit.

Exactly what I would do. It might not be quite as good for security but we seem to be the only team who give up 100s of seats segregation. We put a man on the moon 60 years ago surely we can make 800 fans come and go safely from a stadium

Something that really needs looked at ,as has been mentioned they are good seats and it looks really poor on tv.
And it must be costing us money .

Its because its a fully segregated concourse that they are in that corner

Then they let them mingle outside the ground.

There were St Johnstone fans walking over the millennium bridge at same time as me and loads of our supporters today. Not a word was said. Total overkill in the ground with segregation.

The benefits are that there is nobody above them, it's an easy route out of the stadium in higher risk games, the segregation in turnstiles and concourses is very natural.

It's the easiest place to put them, so I totally understand why the club would stick with it.

Prepared to be slaughtered but if it was a a result of a boycott they've done a good job, imagine if we were to boycott an away match pretty sure we'd still sell our allocation.

That said never paid attention to their usual support so don't know how many they'd bring.

Also while I'm at it, we must know how many they've sold so in this case we must be able to reduce their area, maintain the seg lines and get a few more bears in.

Back