Away fans

Prepared to be slaughtered but if it was a a result of a boycott they've done a good job, imagine if we were to boycott an away match pretty sure we'd still sell our allocation.

That said never paid attention to their usual support so don't know how many they'd bring.

Also while I'm at it, we must know how many they've sold so in this case we must be able to reduce their area, maintain the seg lines and get a few more bears in.
You’d be lucky if they brought 250 without a boycott so it really made little difference.

Did away fans not used to be in bf1?
Yes they were and it could be quite hairy in the concourse at ht and ft when we were playing Aberdeen or hibs.you also had the problem of away fans walking through the Rangers supporters to get into the broomloan,which was fine for most games but not the tense ones

We used to give them the area where the Union bears are but I think that led to issues with home support being above - would be same with allocating enclosure. So either they need enough away fans to go above or they would be empty. The corner is easier to steward coming and going especially with the more antagonistic away supporters.
Teams throughout the world use nets and I don’t think anyone in the family section will be throwing things on away fans below.

Yes they were and it could be quite hairy in the concourse at ht and ft when we were playing Aberdeen or hibs.you also had the problem of away fans walking through the Rangers supporters to get into the broomloan,which was fine for most games but not the tense ones
Block the concourse off and use the barriers outside taking them right outside bf1

Time we started looking after our own fans and made the rats at police Scotland work for there overtime.

How about putting the Union Bear boys in that corner and swapping the away support to their bit in bf1. A much better position for the boys to lead Ibrox and would look great visually.

We seem to give away clubs’ fans a lot more consideration than those clubs give our fans. Too much consideration.

The away section at Ibrox will be one of the easiest policed in Scotland.

Completely separate concourse, busses park in a street that can be blocked off and entrance for away fans can be easily policed.

Whether we like it or not that's where the away fans sit and they'll stay there.

As for the numbers teams bring it is embarrassing but their 'ultras' moaning about the price when they've been charging us that for years is laughable.

I remember seeing in the home game against sturm graz, didn’t they only get a few rows of the broomloan front? I wonder if we could try something similar for league games

I seem to remember the Aberdeen fans being in the Main Stand, back in the day, have I made that up?

31 quid apparently. Their wee ultras said something about 20’s plenty and boycotted it today. There was a thread on it.
I asked the question on that thread how much they charge us?
Do the union bears set the ticket prices at Ibrox?

Because the St Johnstone ultras don’t get the prices for mcdiarmid.

Replies like yours are miles off

Put them is bf1 and put the ub in the corner maybe
Away fans used to be in BF1 back in the early-mid 90s segregated from us by a banner that covered about 2 rows the full length of the stand.
Looked ridiculous today with about 50 folk in the away section. If they’re only going to take a handful of tickets %^*& them & give them none. Wouldn’t have missed them at all today for all the noise they made.

I seem to remember the Aberdeen fans being in the Main Stand, back in the day, have I made that up?
No and there were other team supporters in the past incl the Parkhead team. From memory the Hibs supporters always regularly caused trouble with flares being caught in the netting above main stand and that was their suit and tie fans!

31 quid apparently. Their wee ultras said something about 20’s plenty and boycotted it today. There was a thread on it.
I asked the question on that thread how much they charge us?
Do their ‘ultras’ decide the ticket prices?

Watched Brentford v Utd game tonight and barely a cigarette paper between the Utd and home fans. We seem to over segregate
Agree!
Ridiculous situation!
Is this a police dictate?
Are we more violent than the EPL fans?
Also means less income for club over the season and less Gers fans get tickets!

Jesus Christ. I was simply stating what was on an earlier thread. I’m sure it was also stated in the press.
They charge us similar but their ultras do not set ticket prices. The twenty’s plenty campaign is for clubs of all teams to cap away tickets at £20. Something I’d certainly get behind!

They charge us similar but their ultras do not set ticket prices. The twenty’s plenty campaign is for clubs of all teams to cap away tickets at £20. Something I’d certainly get behind!
The difference is that they don't sell out their allocated tickets so it works. If we tried something similar then someone else would buy the tickets

The difference is that they don't sell out their allocated tickets so it works. If we tried something similar then someone else would buy the tickets
Absolutely, a boycott by us would never happen and never work. But ticket prices at £20 would be excellent if somehow clubs would agree.

Absolutely, a boycott by us would never happen and never work. But ticket prices at £20 would be excellent if somehow clubs would agree.
Unfortunately there isn't a chance that they would agree without some form of boycott so it will never happen

Unfortunately there isn't a chance that they would agree without some form of boycott so it will never happen

People couldn't even do it for the Dundee Utd game a few years ago so no chance.

If we had a joint UB and GB statement then people would sit up and take notice but that is never going to happen.

If the two biggest groups in this country aligned then there would be no stopping them. That will never happen as everybody knows who each other is and wants to kick their cnt in.

I know 2 bears that were in away end with there St Johnstone supporting grandkids so minus 2 on away support count. Hopefully grandkids have been converted after their visit

Count them.

That’s just ridiculous. I remember thinking during the game what a waste of space. Clubs should be made to buy the entire block of seats or get none. I’m sure the few that were there could have sat within the Bears. It’s not like they had anything to celebrate

Alloa had supporters in the club deck in April 2016, last championship game of the season where we got the championship trophy

Incidentally I think it could be our biggest home attendance in years due to having no real segregation

Why can’t ross county/st Johnstone/killie do that?

Something about £20 being the most you should pay for an away game
Prepared to be slaughtered but if it was a a result of a boycott they've done a good job, imagine if we were to boycott an away match pretty sure we'd still sell our allocation.

That said never paid attention to their usual support so don't know how many they'd bring.

Also while I'm at it, we must know how many they've sold so in this case we must be able to reduce their area, maintain the seg lines and get a few more bears in.
Isn’t there a minimum allocation that must be given, in the league rules?

Alloa had supporters in the club deck in April 2016, last championship game of the season where we got the championship trophy

Incidentally I think it could be our biggest home attendance in years due to having no real segregation

Why can’t ross county/st Johnstone/killie do that?
Alloa had no more than 25 fans that day given a small section of CD 7 at the front IRC

They only ended there after discussion between the clubs on how many tickets had been sold

Alloa has no more than 25 fans that day

They only ended there after discussion between the clubs on how many tickets had been sold
I had a hundred in my head, memory serves me right it was front 6/7 rows in CD7

You’re probably right though, fair enough

We should be able to change positioning of away fans according to their numbers,Individual clubs should pre notify how many traveling fans they are bringing and that would allow us to allocate an area for them,Quite sure we have had away fans in C.D.7 at one time,

Alloa had no more than 25 fans that day given a small section of CD 7 at the front IRC

They might only have had 25 fans that day but the section they were allocated holds more than that it must hold over 100,It was right in front of me,I’ve always considered C.D.7 east enough to segregate there would only be one side required for a gap between supporters the other side would be against the wall.

I had a hundred in my head, memory serves me right it was front 6/7 rows in CD7

You’re probably right though, fair enough
Was in the CD 1 that day however I entered at that end as usually a lot quieter and there a couple of Alloa fans going in front and few of us were question it until they told that is is where they were that day as we had the normal away end

Was in the CD 1 that day however I entered at that end as usually a lot quieter and there a couple of Alloa fans going in front and few of us were question it until they told that is is where they were that day as we had the normal away end
Wonder if small away allocations could be kept within the GW2 sections, allowing the club to move segregation further over at GF1 side and BF5 side

They might only have had 25 fans that day but the section they were allocated holds more than that it must hold over 100,It was right in front of me,I’ve always considered C.D.7 east enough to segregate there would only be one side required for a gap between supporters the other side would be against the wall.
Yeah the section probably did but that better than 25 in a section that holds 1100-1200 which is the current away section

Do you really think we house larger numbers in the Club Deck every game I don't

Back