We have nothing to fear from PSV

Go ahead eagles are way ahead of dundee. But PSV looked extremely poor in the match and they crumbled from an average press, also their defending at set pieces was awful. The red card got them back into the game

Their attack is very quick and quite lethal, they will score against us definitely. Generally though their whole defense and a large part of their midfield seems poorly implemented and they have weaknesses all over the place, but their attack is very, very good

We will create tons of chances against them I'm certain of that, it's just a matter of putting them away

They gubbed the equivalent of Dundee today. This is an even contest. We can match them in every area. Half our team could get in their team and vice versa. We have beaten better in the last 12 months. Sure they are dangerous but we won't be playing against a deep block. We can absolutely do this.
Of course we can I just hope we go for it amd don’t play it like a 2 legged tie with a hope we get a result over there , Ibrox is our goal of a start let’s pump them and finish the tie on Tuesday

Go ahead eagles are way ahead of dundee. But PSV looked extremely poor in the match and they crumbled from an average press, also their defending at set pieces was awful. The red card got them back into the game

Their attack is very quick and quite lethal, they will score against us definitely. Generally though their whole defense and a large part of their midfield seems poorly implemented and they have weaknesses all over the place, but their attack is very, very good

We will create tons of chances against them I'm certain of that, it's just a matter of putting them away
We aren't playing against a low block and we have lots of pace a solid midfield and a decent defence. We have very good players as do they. No one can predict the outcome but this is 50/50. We will score over there and we can beat them here.

Their defence is nowhere near as good as their attack.

The crowd can genuinely make a difference, as we know. We seen it against Red star, Braga and Red Bull.
The opposition feel extra pressure while it lifts our players an extra 10%.

We'll get chances and we will score at least 2 imo.

We aren't playing against a low block and we have lots of pace a solid midfield and a decent defence. We have very good players as do they. No one can predict the outcome but this is 50/50. We will score over there and we can beat them here.
Yep, this is a real 50/50 tie. Tactically though I think we may have the edge, they have some real weaknesses (so do we, in set pieces). I'm gonna be nervous as hell come Tuesday, but I believe in Rangers, the path is clear - we can do this

They had a hard game against a very good Monaco side there! This will be a 50/50 tie as long as we don't make sloppy passes and get stuck in! No more soon?

I think it’s massive that the management team have a pretty good knowledge of PSV as a team/club and we’ll definitely be prepared!
Nothing to fear and if we turn up we have a fantastic chance! They’re decent but nothing special! That’s a fact!

Any team are doable when you do the basics right. As always you need to win your home tie using crowd advantage. Away leg will be hostile obviously and a decent advantage brings fear to the opponents game. Let's make Tuesday loud as fcuk and the players will take care of the rest. 100% believe we will be in the Group stages of the CL in two weeks time. WATP

I'd feel more confident if we were away from home in the first leg, but it's definitely doable that we qualify. Hopefully having the Gio, Makaay, and Vos in our coaching staff can give us somewhat of an advantage in exactly what to expect from them.

Feels strange being at home first this time. Adds a different dynamic to the match.

It also means we need to be on it this Thursday as it will be far from easy over there.

But I've loads of confidence in this team. We can absolutely do it.

Writing off PSV is just silly. We approach the game with your attitude and it's goodnight. We're there for the taking just as they are.

We want and need CL group games, then we go out and earn it.
Exactly, and it was the same with one or two on here with Malmo last year. These two games are going be very difficult; hopefully we get through, but it will be against a good side if we do

Their defence is nowhere near as good as their attack.

The crowd can genuinely make a difference, as we know. We seen it against Red star, Braga and Red Bull.
The opposition feel extra pressure while it lifts our players an extra 10%.

We'll get chances and we will score at least 2 imo.
Philips Stadion can be a very intimidating place also.

We need a clean sheet and a few goals to take over there. We know we can score away. But we need to keep Veerman and wide players quiet.

Our wingers will be as important defending for us as they will be attacking.

Its a winnable tie but its gonna be very tough.

We had a terrible mindset / performance against Union and it very nearly cost us.

The right mentality, tactics and players will see us ok hopefully.

I’d love a solid win at Ibrox and to go away and defend a lead and hit them on the counter.

If we go through I think we’ll see something like a 4:3 or 3:2 aggregate win.

I don't think the OP was comparing them with Dundee. More that they are a Dutch equivalent of. Which of course would still make them miles ahead of Dundee.

I'd say that taking into account some of the aspects of our play in the last two games (seven goals scored with no reply) I'm more confident than I was this time last week.

However, the most important thing for me is simple. IF we continue to give the ball away as cheaply and as consistently as we did last Tuesday. All those mistimed, misplaced and hospital passes that put a teammate in trouble, then it will be our undoing.

I fancy us for a couple of goals on Tuesday, we’ve been here before!

We’ll get through to the group stages…

No, we have to use fear as motivation. We can't go into this tie thinking it will be easy. A place in the CL is at stake and our players better be up for a battle. Maximum effort for both legs. Our attitude will have to be spot on, and desire and hunger to win stronger than PSV.

We have plenty to fear, if we don’t play at our top level of very close to it, we will be brushed aside - like wise PSV will feel exactly the same knowing if they don’t play to there levels we will deal with them.

For what’s it’s worth PSV have some very good players In Gakpo / Veerman / Teze / Til and are Jong.

There is a reason folk are talking 50m moves for Gakpo and we are very aware of Veerman obviously.

Should be a good tie with 2 proper teams hopefully we produce our 2 best performances of the season and get through to the group stages.

Is there anyone who would be dissatisfied with taking a 1 goal lead over there ?

I think I would sign up for that now and take our chances over there
Given the away goals rule nowadays any win would be satisfactory, but for me that will only come about if we are on the ball for the entire match and cut out the daft stuff.

We definitely have a decent chance to progress though this tie. I think we’re probably slight underdogs but I don’t think that will bother this team.

It would be crazy to underestimate PSV though, they are an excellent side.

I think we’ve played better teams than PSV in Europe (and won) last season but my gut feeling is that PSV might just be too strong for us over the two legs.

The result at home on Tuesday is massive, of course, but I still have some worries about our away form in Europe under Gio.

Is there anyone who would be dissatisfied with taking a 1 goal lead over there ?

I think I would sign up for that now and take our chances over there
I’m not sure tbh . It’s massively giving me the fear that the 2nd leg isn’t at Ibrox . And yes I know Rex star last season but to me that result was a bit of a freak. They had several good chances and a penalty to score . If that game had finished 3-2 would we have been confident of going through. I also rate Psv more than braga and red star. But bellow Leipzig and Dortmund

I think ran kent (if fit) will be key for us in tuesdays game and it will be a toss up between alfie and colak who start, but hey this time last week i was not overconfident of getting through against the turnips

Nothing to fear but they are undoubtedly a good team. Which will make it even more of an achievement when we put them out.

Back