We have nothing to fear from PSV

What difference does a clean sheet make ?
It's one less goal to take to Holland against you...

There are no away goals but when you are playing a high scoring team in a second leg away from home, why would you not want to keep a clean sheet before that?

We need to get the job done at Ibrox simple as that
I don’t think it is as simple as that. We need to do the job over both legs! This is a 50/50 tie - we don’t write ourself off away from home v anyone

PSV are a decent side, but we are the team they would have wanted to avoid in this round and us overcoming USG last week wouldn't have suited them.

You can be sure that they will have their doubts about us as well so we need to capitalise on that and go for their throats at Ibrox.

They may be slight favourites to qualify but they wont play in an atmosphere like Ibrox for the rest of this season. Let's make that advantage against a rookie manager in his first big job count.

Captain obvious here but this is a tough, tough tie. My gut instinct is that they will be just a bit too strong for us to overcome.- middle to front, they have some of the most exciting young players in the whole of europe right now and I can't see how we can keep them quiet over 180 mins.

But I'm not writing off our chances by any means. Our Ibrox record is truly something to be proud of over the past few years and there's very few teams capable of turning us over in that tremendous atmosphere that we create and our players clearly thrive on. So I fancy us for a narrow win tomorrow night.

But it's the away leg that causes concern here and you can't really take any confidence given our generally poor displays on the road since that glorious night against Dortmund. The one thing that could change this is if we have a fit Morelos leading the line against them. Its imperative that we do everything we can to have him ready to start the away leg imo, he's so pivotal to how we play in these tough games. No harm to Colak (who I really like so far) but Alfies hold up / link play and general nuisance factor could make all the difference.

Armchair fan at the moment. I just want to see that special, running camera sweeping across the Club Deck at Ibrox everytime we scored in Europe last season (so 3 camera runs tomorrow night please). That camera angle was absolutely incredible to view and hear in last season's Europa run and real credit/plaudits must go to our support for the tremendous and powerful atmosphere generated. The support genuinely is the '12th player' in Europe and I think we will get a decent result to take to Eindhoven because of them.

Last edited:
But it's the away leg that causes concern here and you can't really take any confidence given our generally poor displays on the road since that glorious night against Dortmund.
Have they really been poor displays on the road? I would agree with Braga, we were poor up front that night with Sakala leading the line and shaky at the back and probably a bit lucky to still be in the tie but Red Star was always going to be tough in that atmosphere in Belgrade with them having it really go for it after a heavy defeat at Ibrox, and even then it was an injury time penalty when the tie was already safe that handed us defeat on the night.

I wouldn't say we were poor in Leipzig either and again, it was a very late goal that nine times out of ten doesn't go in that separated us.

Narrow defeats away from home at the stage in Europe can't really be considered poor.

It's one less goal to take to Holland against you...

There are no away goals but when you are playing a high scoring team in a second leg away from home, why would you not want to keep a clean sheet before that?
Yeah but you said a 2 goal lead with a clean sheet, doesn’t really matter wether it’s 2-0 or 10-8

PSV are a decent side, but we are the team they would have wanted to avoid in this round and us overcoming USG last week wouldn't have suited them.

You can be sure that they will have their doubts about us as well so we need to capitalise on that and go for their throats at Ibrox.

They may be slight favourites to qualify but they wont play in an atmosphere like Ibrox for the rest of this season. Let's make that advantage against a rookie manager in his first big job count.
In fairness, we are a better draw than Benfica

Back