Things that irritate you during a game.

Northampton_Loyalist

Time wasting is the obvious one, but I am getting more and more annoyed at our players giving away an identical free kick several times per game. The opposition player will be half-way into their own half, running towards the touchline with the ball barely under control and our player will press them from behind, touch them, give them an excuse to go down and hand them a free kick. You can see it coming a mile off, it releases pressure on them, wastes more time and is just lazy play anyway!

Maybe I'm just getting old and crabbit but it grips my knitting!

And it is Sunday, roasting and I'm hungover, so in the mood for a moan.

Time wasting is the obvious one, but I am getting more and more annoyed at our players giving away an identical free kick several times per game. The opposition player will be half-way into their own half, running towards the touchline with the ball barely under control and our player will press them from behind, touch them, give them an excuse to go down and hand them a free kick. You can see it coming a mile off, it releases pressure on them, wastes more time and is just lazy play anyway!

Maybe I'm just getting old and crabbit but it grips my knitting!

And it is Sunday, roasting and I'm hungover, so in the mood for a moan.
I was in about This yesterday, slightest touch and wee team guy goes down and our player gets a card. Seconds later their player clears out one of our players edge of their box and it’s no booking. Refereeing to blame, not much our players can do against simulation

Agreed, good shout. It’s the same pretty much anywhere in the world I suppose. But I’d genuinely rather stand for 90 mins, so hopefully safe standing actually happens before I die.
The Main Stand and CD can be brutal if you`re midrow and over 5`10``.
When I have the choice I`ll always go back row and stand.

Folk who start moaning about the result and game management, when we have played 10-15mins.

When I'm watching the game at home, I hate getting asked anything, or to do anything during a game by the Mrs (no pics) - 16 years together and she knows that Rangers play every week and when they are on, that's my focus, my only focus (alongside the match thread), and she still asks for a cup of tea or something daft. :rolleyes: B-D

Vloggers and I’m going to contradict myself here.

Don’t mind watching the odd one or two on YouTube but an utter pain in the arse sitting next to someone recording and commenting on the game!

The guy behind me who shouts for players to shoot every time they get the ball. Goldson gives it to Sands on the half way line and he’s wondering why Goldson doesn’t just take a pop at goal. Bellend

I was about to ask if u sit in GF7 before I saw your username. Old boy behind me wants folk shooting from anywhere within 45 yards in a central position.

‘Right Goldson have a pop’ several times a game as Goldson strolls over the halfway line. Only seems to do it in the first half

There’s a young guy who sits behind me in the Main Stand who shouts “shoot” as soon as we cross the half way line. This added to shite like, “we’re no finished” “let’s go” and general moaning at the players from him piss me off.

Not at the game, but TV directors showing a replay of something insignificant while the game is clearly going on in the background. The 1st leg against the Belgians was a nightmare for it.

This all day long. We dont need to know wtf the manager looks like at this stage. Or zooming in on the player that had half a chance all the while the keeper has played it out and you dont know who to.

My other TV one is zooming in on the player in possession, so as the viewer you cant see anything else. Great that they have a camera view like that in case there is some fancy footwork, but save it for the replay.

To be fair most folk around me in MFN are sound but on European nights we can get some real roasters in the area.
Take the USG game for example, there was a young couple just along from me that obviously had some serious bladder problems as they both had to go to the toilet at the same time at least every 20mins!
They must have been really bursting as they looked really REALLY happy when they came back to their seats.
;)

Folk around me who video the game on their phones. Just watch the match. There will be highlights on the TV showing exactly what it is you’ve just recorded, so don’t waste your time concentrating on making your phone work when you could actually watch the game that’s being played in front of you.

Tuesday was bad for it but there was a lad in front of me yesterday who videoed just about the entire game. What’s the point?

The guy and his son who arrive 5 mins after kick off, then go to the toilet at 20 mins, then go for a pie on 35 mins, then arrive back when we’ve always got a corner, then stay in their seats for the whole of half time, then the second the ref blows for the start of the second half gets up again, then had another toilet break around 65 mins, then comes back and then leaves at 80 mins.

Might as well be safe standing for the amount of times they’re up and down. Don’t even give you a polite nod just charge on through kicking drinks over as they pass.

Queing up for ages for the toilet then when its my shot i get heavy stage fright trying to squeeze a pee out then it becomes so awkward that im the only one not peeing that i just chuck it and go back to my seat still needing a pee.
The state of the toilets are a disgrace. In these days of ultra hygiene you are forced to stand at a trough and have all sorts of pish (literally) spraying all over you. Surely a barrier between each pisser should be basic? At least you can relax a bit without the next pisser reolising you are just standing there without actually pissing which after a few seconds starts to become suspicious.

Folk who start moaning about the result and game management, when we have played 10-15mins.

When I'm watching the game at home, I hate getting asked anything, or to do anything during a game by the Mrs (no pics) - 16 years together and she knows that Rangers play every week and when they are on, that's my focus, my only focus (alongside the match thread), and she still asks for a cup of tea or something daft. :rolleyes: B-D
This is a plea for attention, because she can see your attention is not on her

When she says "are you making tea?" She's really saying "do you love rangers more than me?"

The clueless fuckers from Fife that sit behind me.
The two wee fuds that sit behind me, came back from the toilet at half time yesterday and one of the wee dicks had his feet planet on my seat, wee arsehole.

The two of them spent the whole game yesterday saying Goldson should play further forward because he cost us the game in the EL final, and just generally talking shite.

This is a plea for attention, because she can see your attention is not on her

When she says "are you making tea?" She's really saying "do you love rangers more than me?"
The answer is yes, now leave me alone! B-D

She knows to be fair, usually she will let me scream and shout and enjoy the games.

Back