Souness getting it now

A multitude of reasons – but yes, social media does play a big part. People have changed too, though.

People have always changed. That is a fact of life. Pretty much every situation where people now get offended, would not have happened 20-30 years ago - they wouldn't have even heard about it.

Some things have changed for the better, some are worse. Same as it's always been, we just hear about a hell of a lot more than we used to. And it's 24 hours a day, every day.

I may or may not have replied ‘Beep Beep let’s get on the offended bus!’

When a woman starts a game for an EPL side or comes on as a sub then I’ll take the woman’s game seriously.

Until then SKY can piss off with the box ticking commentators, and the woke brigade can queue up to give me a rusty trombone.

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
Notice at the end of the game it was player of the match, instead of the traditional man of the match.

Sounds like some Vince McMahonisms anyway I’m off to a nearby medical facility.

It’s quite simple really. It’s a game of football between two professional mens teams. So literally it is a man’s game. That woman who nobody knows can make as many fucking faces as she wants. A total irrelevance and non input to the proceedings today.

Walker can say boyd loves sectarian singing, but the glorious bastard cannae say its a man's game, we are fcuk Ed

Was it player of the match, that I heard and not motm?

I agree with you on a lot of things on this forum, but you can continue to be progressive without putting up a facade that the current “gender craze” in football is anything other than absurd
It was specifically the token comment rather than the main issue being discussed here.

I don't see anything wrong with what Souness said and anyone who does is going out of their way to manufacture false outrage they don't actually feel.

Haha. You are either very young or have blocked out most of your life. It's always been an offended world - we just didn't have social media.

Stop worrying/getting angry and enjoy your life.

Whatcha talkin bout willis?

Who is worrying or getting angry ?

I’m probably one of the biggest advocates of women’s football on here, he’s said nothing wrong and Eni Aluko can go and take her face for a shite as far as I’m concerned, daft cow.

Let’s be candid about Ms Aluko.

She’s done well as a media personality. I was slightly astonished when I saw the “all white” fuore during the Euros, given Ms Aluko is by far the most well known English Women’s player , past or present. The only one instantly recognisable to the wider public.

She’s forged a hugely successful media personality, she now gets punditry roles on Channel 4 England games…sorry, England mens games…and yet, she’s not very good at it.

She came out with, after they got hammered by Hungary…”look, now is not the time to panic about the World Cup….September is the time to panic”.

What The Magnificent Bastard said was absolutely correct, the fact that the game isn't stopped for the tiniest physical contact has made the game far more entertaining to watch and the players just get on with it knowing that rolling around as if they've just been shot doesn't cut it anymore.
If some woke arseholes are getting their panties all wet just because he described the man's professional game as a man's game then just fkn ignore them...more likely than not the type of folk who describe football as "22 men running around a field kicking a bit of leather" wankers!
:)
They’re probably the sort of guys who run around a field in leather chasing other men, wanking.

56 year wait? Is she comparing the England World Cup win with the women winning their Euros? I'm not sure they're comparable...
Im not sure the womans team have been around that long. Im not a fan of this false equivalence between the games, a womans game now has the highest England score ever including the mens game.

I say this as someone that is pro womens football. Its not for me but I think it is great that girls can dream of playing for their club and country same as the boys.

Please enlighten me as to why
Well the main point of watching Match of the Day is to see football highlights, not be enthralled by the panel - admittedly it is good when they show you something you might not have realized or noticed yourself with good analysis. The second point is that having grown up listening to and enduring Lawrenson and Hansen, anyone who actually comes across as if they haven't been forced on the show at gunpoint is an improvement. If having a black person on the show annoys you so much you stop watching it, I'd have to say it sounds like you're doing something wrong.

56 year wait? Is she comparing the England World Cup win with the women winning their Euros? I'm not sure they're comparable...
The impression I'm getting is since they won that trophy, everyones to bow to their superiority as some example of a good society.

Your right though, they now seem to think there on a par with mens football. Sorry, but the top of the fa is the mens international team and they will need to win the wc this year or it'll be 57 years

She played 144 times for England apparently. Never heard of her.
I knew a wee blind fella in Edinburgh who played for the Scottish blind team. Fair dos to him, he’s doing himself and everyone he knows proud. But does that warrant him being on the telly talking about professional football, probably not.

The equivalent of me scoring at fives then giving Thierry Henry grief for being a shit striker
Most people in a stadium can't kick their own arse. It hasn't stopped every single support in the world from telling highly skilled professionals what they should and shouldn't be doing.

WN3Zbv5.gif

I heard him saying it and never gave it a second thought, he was just chuffed that there was drama, crunching challenges, and a bit of needle and that is the way 99.9% of the listeners would have taken it.
Having a token woman on the panel talking shite is way more offensive to me.

So we have a game of Football, not the other name for it.
played by teams of one X and one Y chromosome so the male version of the human species and everyone on the park was 18 and above I imagine so Men and its a game putting everything together "The men's game"

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
Absolute joke with this new woke brigade

I may or may not have replied ‘Beep Beep let’s get on the offended bus!’

When a woman starts a game for an EPL side or comes on as a sub then I’ll take the woman’s game seriously.

Until then SKY can piss off with the box ticking commentators, and the woke brigade can queue up to give me a rusty trombone.

Who are the Woke Brigade and how can one join?

Well the main point of watching Match of the Day is to see football highlights, not be enthralled by the panel - admittedly it is good when they show you something you might not have realized or noticed yourself with good analysis. The second point is that having grown up listening to and enduring Lawrenson and Hansen, anyone who actually comes across as if they haven't been forced on the show at gunpoint is an improvement. If having a black person on the show annoys you so much you stop watching it, I'd have to say it sounds like you're doing something wrong.
You’re jumping to conclusions there I think, not once did I mention race as an reason, maybe I should have been clearer and emphasis I wasn’t just referring to the “mens” MOTD show

I heard him saying it and never gave it a second thought, he was just chuffed that there was drama, crunching challenges, and a bit of needle and that is the way 99.9% of the listeners would have taken it.
Having a token woman on the panel talking shite is way more offensive to me.
Why was she there. What insight did she add. Sky are ripping the piss. People pay top dollar for analysis of games by ex players and current.players of distinction who have played at that level.

Back