Souness getting it now

Sourness is a major asset to Sky’s coverage of the EPL. He doesn’t try and dress it up he tells as it is. That lassie who was on with him on Sky is probably so fucking jealous about what Souey has achieved in the game that she tells all her woke friends on Twitter to bad mouth him. Instead of being on Sky today that lassie should stick to getting her man’s dinner on and getting her fucking ironing board out as she knows %^*& all about mens football.
You were doing so well until those last three lines. :)

Lets hope the vacuous bore finds another sport to comment on, like one she’s played, rather than mens football which she has no experience at all.
She’s that bad a summariser that she makes Ene Aluko seem remotely interesting.

Context is key.

I still wouldn't agree with it, but if he'd come out and said "all football is a mans game" then sadly they could have a case to winge when it clearly isn't these days.

However, whilst discussing what was clearly a mens game....no sensible issues can be heard!

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
I doubt Karen Carney would be offended from what iv seen of her .

She is easily the best woman pundit .

It's as if people think that the male footballers arnt heroes to the female footballers .
They don't seem.to understand that men have influenced countless woman footballers so a phrase like GS come.out with ain't going to upset any female player surely.
Plus he's talking about today's game ,and it was a man's game cos only men played in it

I doubt Karen Carney would be offended from what iv seen of her .

She is easily the best woman pundit .

It's as if people think that the male footballers arnt heroes to the female footballers .
They don't seem.to understand that men have influenced countless woman footballers so a phrase like GS come.out with ain't going to upset any female player surely.
Plus he's talking about today's game ,and it was a man's game cos only men played in it
Face like a slapped arse m8. If she wasn't 'offended I'd hate to see her upset.

Reactions: jtc
That’s ultimately what I think they want. Calling it woman’s football means it’s different from just football .

They shouldn’t have called it the woman’s Euros or say the England’s woman’s team won the euros, they should just say England won the Euros.
Going forward it shouldn’t be advertised or promoted as the woman’s game or woman’s World Cup or Euros it should just be World Cup or Euros and drop the term woman’s from the leagues.

Should the teams still be referred to as the lions and lioness? Because that implies your talking about male or female so that should also be dropped.

I have no objection to woman summarisers on football They talk as much shite as most of their male colleagues.My main objection is the forced introduction of woman into the role. If Sky ever get the right to show live baw scratching they will have two blonde woman telling us they are not doing it right
I get that, but women weren't in commentary before, so the only way they get to do it is by introducing them into it, no woman yet,:) is worse than Stewart, lawrenson and so many others.

The comment you replied to was about people people accusing Souness of sexism and me saying that it wasn't sexism, that's the way the game is today, womens and men football.

I don't think the guy I replied to helps with his comment, I know it was a joke and I hope he realises I wasn't having a go at him, but I got into football through my dad, brother and uncles, but the biggest help for me when I started going myself was my mum.

My first European away game was against Dortmund and my mum loved it with all of us, my daughter isn't interested yet but she will be eventually, I don't want jokes like that to put her off.

Last edited:
Time to draw a line in the sand.

Keep the women in women’s football and the men in men’s football. Absolutely sick of our game getting hijacked by emotionally unstable people. Given an opportunity and now taking liberties.

It cannot be disputed that today’s match is a man’s game, and anyone taking issue with that is a grade A simpleton.

the were literally playing mens football not womens or trans football or non binary , so fuik the woke warrior brigade

Sick of all this woke horseshit, lets just have womans teams vs mens and decide it once and for all, no quarter given, full bloodied 100% contact.
If they can live with it then let their teams into the lower leagues and they can work their way up, if not, then shut the feck up and get on with it
Instead we will just have to suck up the equivalent of under-16 level mens football at best bring portrayed as on a par with the mens game, do we call it gaslighting?

It’s a shame because woman’s football is creating its own niche but this political nonsense just turns people off.

I don' think Souness said anything wrong. He was commenting on a men's football match.

I have no problem with women summarisers. I thought Shelley Kerr did a good job with the Rangers matches I watched on RTV last year.

I went to France in 2019 to watch the Scotland women in their first World Cup Finals. I thought the standard of play was generally good. As with other sports the women would not be able to beat a men's team. This is what you'd expect as men are on average bigger, stronger and faster. It's why we have separate men's and women's sports.

It is a man’s game and it annoys the hell out of me everyone seems determined to put the woman’s game on equal footing. Let them play if they want, I don’t have an issue with that, but to see the woman’s game get equal coverage in the media is a joke. Nobody really cares.

You say “wee country” like it’s a parochial or Scottish thing.

This is a phenomenon plaguing the English speaking world.

An american "professor" released a book, about "MAPs".

Challenging widespread assumptions that persons who are preferentially attracted to minors—often referred to as "pedophiles"—are necessarily also predators and sex offenders, this book takes readers into the lives of non-offending minor-attracted persons (MAPs). There is little research into non-offending MAPs, a group whose experiences offer valuable insights into the prevention of child abuse. Navigating guilt, shame, and fear, this universally maligned group demonstrates remarkable resilience and commitment to living without offending and to supporting and educating others. Using data from interview-based research, A Long, Dark Shadow offers a crucial account of the lived experiences of this hidden population.

The world has gone crazier than even I can imagine.

As soon as he said i was thinking, here we go..... hunk cancel crew will be going off on one.

He was watching men's football, it was a man's game.
I just thought it was a guy discussing the game the way I’ve heard it my entire life.

Honestly couldn’t believe it when I seen it mentioned on the Sunday football thread

The thing the struck me more is the apparent amout of work one of my heroes has had on his face , surely doing that to an already magnificent face is a women's game .....

It’s weird how blood thirsty and desperate these people are to see careers destroyed, amidst posturing as being morally superior and what not. I mean in a way it’s actually quite twisted and sinister to want to see people publicly torn down yet these people almost seem to get off on it. Strange crowd that’s all I can say.
The recent culture of trying to get folk the sack is horrendous. Not just trying to get people on TV the sack, you see folk trawling others Facebook etc to get where they work and trying to drop them in it. My social media activity has gone down loads in the past year.

Society is fucked.

Reading the description on skytv for Indiana Jones temple of doom. This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today.

The male presenters will be replaced by non-binery people who won't offer an opinion.

There are people actually trying to say that Cairney had a better career than Souness. :))

These nutcases should be fucking locked up.

As far as I was aware up until he said that yesterday he was regarded as one of the best midfielders to play the game here. :rolleyes:

Society is fucked.

Reading the description on skytv for Indiana Jones temple of doom. This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today.

The male presenters will be replaced by non-binery people who won't offer an opinion.
Look at the warnings for Trading Places and Father Ted.

Yesterday saw Carragher pick 'Player of the Match' which I am sure is a change this season from the traditional 'Man of the Match'

The only way these comments could be construed as sexist, is if we were watching a mixed game.

Eni Akuko's comments about winning the first trophey in 56 years needs called out - It's not the same sport by definition.

There has always been 'football' and then 'women's football.'

Just lately I have heard BBC Sports bulletins referring to football as 'in the men's game' as if the two games were somehow equivalent and had to be differentiated.

F*ck off anyone who doesn't understand that Souness is referring to football as 'a man's game.'

And women's football is a woman's game.
I like women’s football, my daughter plays in a girls team and I am very supportive of the whole thing from grass roots upwards.

The senior men’s and women’s football competitions are not equivalent though, and the insistence of media (Sky & BBC in particular) that they are will damage the women’s game.
Women on the panels of men’s football coverage has become very much a feature and while there can be good insight from the female pundits, it also misses the mark often.

Men’s football leagues have been in operation for around 130yrs, the men’s game is woven into the cultural fabric of the country.
The women’s game being awarded equivalence of that is false and empty… it creates resentment towards the sport.

The women’s game should be promoted in its own right - it is new, exciting, entertaining and people are ready for it. Promoting the two as being equal today is engineered nonsense however.

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
Isn't it just a statement of fact that men's football is a man's game? The professionally offended out in force yet again.

Isn't it just a statement of fact that men's football is a man's game? The professionally offended out in force yet again.
We all know exactly what is meant by it’s a man’s game. That it is a physical sport and you get up and get on with it.

For people to turn it around as some sort of dig at woman is truely bizarre behaviour imo.

Back