Souness getting it now

Whats worse than bending over backwards for everyone these days are those who "pretend" to be all offended just to get a few likes on social media, does my head in, that account yesterday pointing out Carney had double the international caps than Souness is a case in point, completely mental comparison

I heard that girl who is on Sky at times, Leanne someone, speak about Kulusevski and saying "when I was at Juventus when he was there" as if she was part of same squad

Its utterly bonkers the desperation to want to link both men's and woman's football as the same entity, there's a place for both but lets not kid on its the same thing!

Last edited:
Whats worse than bending over backwards for everyone these days are those who "pretend" to be all offended just to get a few likes on social media, does my head in, that account yesterday pointing out Carney had double the international caps than Sourness is a case in point, completely mental comparison

I heard that girl who is on Sky at times, Leanne someone, speak about Kulusevski and saying "when I was at Juventus when he was there" as if she was part of same squad

Its utterly bonkers the desperation to want to link both men's and woman's football as the same entity, there's a place for both but lets not kid on its the same thing!
People are actually saying she had a better career than him. :))

That is every bit as daft as those flat earth pricks.

Society is fucked.

Reading the description on skytv for Indiana Jones temple of doom. This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today.

The male presenters will be replaced by non-binery people who won't offer an opinion.

Archaeology students given ‘dead bodies’ trigger warning​

‘Infantilisation of universities’ continues as lecture participants notified about images of ‘human remains’ amid fears they could be upset

rchaeology students have been warned they will be exposed to images of “human remains” and funeral rituals during their lectures, amid fears it could cause them upset.
The University of York has included several “content warnings” to prepare students on courses where they will be shown the remnants of our ancient ancestors.
Those embarking on the university’s “mummification” module, for example, have been told that lectures will contain images of dead bodies and human skeletal material.
It is unclear whether undergraduates opting to study the ancient Egyptian practice of preserving the body after death – by drying or embalming the flesh – had been surprised by the course content.
Although the university’s website said that in past years, “students have said they really enjoyed the in-depth discussions of Egyptian mummification”.

‘Infantilisation of British universities’​

Alan Sked, emeritus professor for the department of international history at LSE, said it was yet another example of the “infantilisation of British universities”, which he added “clearly continues apace”.
“Not so long ago Glasgow University warned its theology students that a course on Christ ended with a very violent episode called the crucifixion,” he said.
“Its archaeology students were warned in advance that digs might reveal human remains.”
The notion that mummification was exclusively the preserve of Ancient Egyptians is also eschewed in the course description at the University of York, which challenges misinformed undergraduates to “think again”.
“Artificial and natural ways of preserving human bodies have been used throughout the past and around the world,” it said, adding that the course teaches “different methodologies” in preserving the dead “employed in Ancient Egypt and South America”.
In the course of studying the “methodologies” of mummification, budding archaeologists were also alerted to the potential for “frequent discussion of funerary treatments for the dead”.

‘Frequent discussion of extreme violence’​

While students who enrolled to study another module on “themes of violence and conflict within world archaeology” were told their lectures would contain images of dead bodies and “frequent discussion of extreme and ritualised violence”.
Ancient cadavers and violence were not the only things signposted to potentially vulnerable students.
A first-year course in archaeological theory warned that lectures would include the discussion of “political discourse”, while third-year modules on death and DNA included discussion of treating deceased people and disease symptoms.
Curiously, a module on “human bones” did not include any warnings about the potential for upsetting content.
Prof Sked said: “At this rate, all history students should be warned that most history books are likely to include bloody episodes of war or revolution.
“Indeed, all students should be warned when arriving at university that books and lectures may – alas only may in today’s intellectual climate – contain dangerous things called ideas, although, for their own protection, controversial ones will be banned.
“We should pray to Cardinal Newman to intercede.”
The Telegraph has contacted the University of York for comment.

Harry Potter and Jane Austen​

Universities have come under fire in recent years for issuing trigger warnings on a series of topics, including Harry Potter and Jane Austen.
JK Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is among the texts studied in the “Approaches to Literature” module offered by the University of Chester’s English department, where undergraduates were asked to “get in touch” if they have “any issues with the content” of the course.
The warning said: “Although we are studying a selection of young adult texts on this module, the nature of the theories we apply to them can lead to some difficult conversations about gender, race, sexuality, class, and identity.”
Similarly, English literature undergraduates at the University of Salford, where Jane Austen is on the reading list, were furnished with the following disclaimer: “There are scenes and discussions of violence and sexual violence in several of the primary texts studied on this module.
“Some students may find the content of the following texts distressing.”

He’s on with Jim White at 10am on Talksport. Usually White is all over nonsense like this. Interested to see if this gets a mention as White usually panders to this kind of shite.

I clicked on a thread on facebook which was a link to a twitter page. FS the amount of comments on there!!! This country has a real serious problem with this pish and it needs nipped in the bud now.

Just came on to this subject,so well done to Souness football started as a man's game and for me it will always be.
If I turn on to a game football/rugby and a female is commentating I turn sound off and just watch.

I may upset a few on here but I have no interest in women's "football" at all and that includes our club women's team.

Too much attention is shown on the Rangers main site to them but I suppose the club cannot show favouritism.

Hopefully the day will come that a so called top women's team plays a top men's team to show the difference in class.
the only thing I want from the women's game up here is to be able to smash teams like Aberdeen 8-0

unfortunately doesn't happen in the male game that much

Yet he’s entirely correct. I am personally sick of pandering to the same lot who got beat by academy teams and regularly post cricket scores.

Completely valid point but some of the females actually talk more sense than the dross that Sky try and pass off as pundits.

Whats worse than bending over backwards for everyone these days are those who "pretend" to be all offended just to get a few likes on social media, does my head in, that account yesterday pointing out Carney had double the international caps than Sourness is a case in point, completely mental comparison

That one made me laugh like about Juve. It’s a load of bollocks end of day, not worth getting wound up over. Far more important things that affect my love of football through attending than this crap.

He’s on with Jim White at 10am on Talksport. Usually White is all over nonsense like this. Interested to see if this gets a mention as White usually panders to this kind of shite.
White just called the Tuchel/Conte incident ‘hand-bag scenes’ in the introduction, so he is probably for it too .

Heard Souness make the comment and immediately thought that some idiot somewhere would try to make his life difficult for what he said. Society is totally bonkers when people get wound up about things like that.
Womens football will never ever be as popular as the mens game. The BBC are promoting it way beyond the airtime it deserves. Watched a bit of a game on TV a few days after the English girls won the European tournament. There were probably a couple of hundred watching at the ground and I doubt if half of them paid to get in.
The Final involving England had over 70,000 in attendance. Would love to know how many paid for tickets and what was taken at the gate. Peanuts, I bet. The TV audience was reported to be huge but that was due to England making the Final and the hype created by the media.
There's little comparison between men and womens football. It's a different ball game.

There are some really good, analytical women pundits doing good work in both the men and women's games. Karen Carney is not one of them, she's the dictionary definition of a box ticking exercise. Depressing that she takes a space away from any number of good female pundits who can analyse and articulate the game.

Imagine being offended by that lol. Scary thing is there will be folk who genuinely are. It's a bizarre world we live in now.
Thing is, I reckon the people who actually are offended compared to the bandwagon jumpers is probably about one to ten. Its their latest attempt to get a sexual partner.

Feck, Why did I not just say Girlfriend? I'm going along with them without even realising. :eek:

Last edited:

Exactly mate they don’t even play at the same stadiums at not tell you something crowds r a shambles too Imo it’s just takin much needed funds away from the mens game a waste of time

56 year wait? Is she comparing the England World Cup win with the women winning their Euros? I'm not sure they're comparable...
They’re comparable when it suits.

Not if you say the woman’s game has goalkeepers that are fcking useless compared to the mens game.

There are some really good, analytical women pundits doing good work in both the men and women's games. Karen Carney is not one of them, she's the dictionary definition of a box ticking exercise. Depressing that she takes a space away from any number of good female pundits who can analyse and articulate the game.
In the Scottish game I like listening to Shelly Kerr, Julie fleeting and Leanne Crichton as they are very knowledgeable

I really don't think this will do Souness any harm.

I'm pretty sure half the folk complaining haven't even thought about it and just jumped on the latest Internet outrage train.

Back