PSV away tickets now for sale.

I’d give no MYGers points for euro away games going forward ,it puts to bed people making the effort to go getting the same points as somebody watching it in the house

it also puts to bed somebody getting 15 points more watching it on tv as somebody who’s done the right thing and not applied coz they’re not going
If they issue the tickets correctly that's half the battle.

I’d give no MYGers points for euro away games going forward ,it puts to bed people making the effort to go getting the same points as somebody watching it in the house

it also puts to bed somebody getting 15 points more watching it on tv as somebody who’s done the right thing and not applied coz they’re not going
No reward for spending thousands following the team? Nah.

No reward for spending thousands following the team? Nah.
I’m in that bracket with loads of others and will get the very same points as somebody that never leaves Glasgow under this system, so it be as well no points for nobody

If it has to be done, yes. You can blame the folk playing the system spoiling it for everyone else
Of course it won’t be done,people scan season tickets in at Ibrox for points,people apply for away tickets and sell them and get points at the end of the season.

People really need to get over it.

Of course it won’t be done,people scan season tickets in at Ibrox for points,people apply for away tickets and sell them and get points at the end of the season.

No points for the crime scene, no points for cup finals or europa final. It can be done and I doubt it would have much affect on the numbers travelling either

But at 15 points a piece then it will distort the whole system.

Make it 1 point each - problem solved.

But it won’t be done & rightly so.
I feel you're saying that more in hope than anything else. No system is perfect and will continue to be tweaked.

Euro aways are a contentious issue with the TC being disbanded. Its subject to change just like anything else in Mygers. Post above makes a good point about lowering the points given

If it has to be done, yes. You can blame the folk playing the system spoiling it for everyone else
An easier solution would be no points for games that sell out. Anyone buying tickets of others in Belgium was daft as they could have bought their own given how many were spare. Same with Braga, Red Star and Lyon.

If there is no incentive to buy and sell on then the people who are actually going have more chance of getting a ticket and the people going who want them posted also get their wish.

Those who put the effort in to go to the places that don't sell out also get rewarded.

Same points for a programme than spending fortunes following Rangers in Europe? Nah mate Lol
People cheat the system under mygers and the travel club so remove the points and less people cheat as there is no incentive.

I would be significantly affected by this given the 10s of thousands I've spent over the years on euro aways but I'd rather people had a better chance of a ticket than getting points.

But at 15 points a piece then it will distort the whole system.

Make it 1 point each - problem solved.
You had people registering and then buying tickets for a preseason away friendly game v Sunderland in Portugal,then punting the tickets on here within half an hour of buying…all for ONE MyGers point.

People cheat the system under mygers and the travel club so remove the points and less people cheat as there is no incentive.

I would be significantly affected by this given the 10s of thousands I've spent over the years on euro aways but I'd rather people had a better chance of a ticket than getting points.
I’m near the top of mygers and always will be so it makes no real difference to me but not to reward fans for the money spent following in Europe is ridiculous when you look at points being given for other things.

I’m near the top of mygers and always will be so it makes no real difference to me but not to reward fans for the money spent following in Europe is ridiculous when you look at points being given for other things.
How many people buy other things and sell on preventing others from buying them?

If people don't cheat then those who don't get rewarded. As I've said, the other alternative is local pick up with proper checks then you get points.

How many people buy other things and sell on preventing others from buying them?

If people don't cheat then those who don't get rewarded. As I've said, the other alternative is local pick up with proper checks then you get points.
Season tickets get scanned in,domestic away tickets get sold on do we stop points for these aswell?

The fundamental issue is that people are buying for points and have no intention of going to the game

For European games it is now effectively a closed shop and those in low silver and below have got no chance of progression as they have less opportunities to purchase points

This year there will be at least 5 away games where a high gold can earn 75 points that are unavailable to the majority of mygers members and the gap will only widen.

Reducing the points will not remove the problem as people are buying anything just to get points with no intention of using them

City collection would only partly solve the problem but the club clearly don’t want the hassle

Season tickets get scanned in,domestic away tickets get sold on do we stop points for these aswell?
The season ticket is theirs anyway so that seat isn't available regardless and everyone who wants an away ticket has a chance of getting one however small it is.

Anything top down removes the chance from those lower down the ladder so should be addressed if it's being abused.

The fundamental issue is that people are buying for points and have no intention of going to the game

For European games it is now effectively a closed shop and those in low silver and below have got no chance of progression as they have less opportunities to purchase points

This year there will be at least 5 away games where a high gold can earn 75 points that are unavailable to the majority of mygers members and the gap will only widen.

Reducing the points will not remove the problem as people are buying anything just to get points with no intention of using them

City collection would only partly solve the problem but the club clearly don’t want the hassle
European games being a closed shop is the biggest myth on here.

Bronze and silver could've attended Braga and Red Star last season, but I actually agree its becoming a closed shop, especially for the bigger matches, doesn't help we've had 3 fixtures the past year that's been open to abuse (Brondby, Leipzig and now PSV) that's alot of points.

No points for Seville was another bizarre decision that the club didn't even bother to explain in the latest MyGers "transparent" update.

The season ticket is theirs anyway so that seat isn't available regardless and everyone who wants an away ticket has a chance of getting one however small it is.

Anything top down removes the chance from those lower down the ladder so should be addressed if it's being abused.
The point is getting points for not attending games,both scenarios I mentioned is the exact same.

Not if it means people going actually get a ticket.

The other alternative for that is city pick up with proper checks.
I do agree that tickets should be collected in the host city. But the idea that posting them out while offering no Mygers points will stop them getting into the “wrong” hands is just stupid.

I do agree that tickets should be collected in the host city. But the idea that posting them out while offering no Mygers points will stop them getting into the “wrong” hands is just stupid.
So Red Star and USG going from well oversubscribed to don't all sell when it's changed to local pickup doesn't give you a clue about it then :))

I also agree it should be local pickup and points

You’ve got people getting 15 points for watching the game from their couch
You have people getting 50 points for a Edmiston house package which is basically a shit model of Ibrox you receive, you have people getting points for B team and Women's ST which will never be used by most. People buy RTV and probably never watch it for points. Can go on about 15 points all you want, but those in Gold also have more historical points than the rest dropping off at the end of the season, so if Gold want to play the game everyone else is playing they will and shouldn't feel bad about it. Blame the system, not the man

Im
You have people getting 50 points for a Edmiston house package which is basically a shit model of Ibrox you receive, you have people getting points for B team and Women's ST which will never be used by most. People buy RTV and probably never watch it for points. Can go on about 15 points all you want, but those in Gold also have more historical points than the rest dropping off at the end of the season, so if Gold want to play the game everyone else is playing they will and shouldn't feel bad about it. Blame the system, not the man
I’m blaming the system

Binning points for Euro Aways is such a weird shout. A lot of the time they are pickup in the actual away cities as well so selling on etc. is very, very difficult. IF anything they should increase the points you get for them.

Any corporate folks, don’t bother trying to pick up your tickets today. They look at you as if you are a freak if you ask.

told to come back tomorrow.

Not everyone who buys them passes them on. Your then disadvantaging those spending hundreds of pounds to travel and watch the team if you award zero points.

Any corporate folks, don’t bother trying to pick up your tickets today. They look at you as if you are a freak if you ask.

told to come back tomorrow.
Going off on a tangent to this thread but ( and I have no vested interest) the “corporate “ ticketing does seem to be a bit of a mess

Would have thought that those me the amount of money they pay they would get a premium service

USG away went down to any MyGers member, 15 points folk could have had if they wanted. Most want to pick and chose their games.

PS any buses going from Düsseldorf to Eindhoven on the Wednesday ?

Not everyone who buys them passes them on. Your then disadvantaging those spending hundreds of pounds to travel and watch the team if you award zero points.
Every independent traveller should pick the ticket up at the destination, the club cba carrying that out 9/10 so allow the system to be abused therefore I’d scrap all points for euro trips

You’ve got people playing the game and not applying coz no intentions of going falling 15 points behind people applying with no intentions of going

Last edited:
I'm getting a train. Seem to run pretty regularly bud.

USG away went down to any MyGers member, 15 points folk could have had if they wanted. Most want to pick and chose their games.

PS any buses going from Düsseldorf to Eindhoven on the Wednesday ?

I'm getting a train. Seem to run pretty regularly bud.
I did the train trip from Dusseldorf to Eindhoven on the way back from Braga and it was pretty straightforward with a change at venlo. For some strange reason it wouldn't let us buy the tickets at the machine so we had to go to the ticket office.

I did the train trip from Dusseldorf to Eindhoven on the way back from Braga and it was pretty straightforward with a change at venlo. For some strange reason it wouldn't let us buy the tickets at the machine so we had to go to the ticket office.

I noticed that you can buy a €9 ticket for unlimited local rail travel throughout June, July and August in Germany. If I'm reading it right I'll be able to use that for the journey to Venlo and then a ticket from there.

I noticed that you can buy a €9 ticket for unlimited local rail travel throughout June, July and August in Germany. If I'm reading it right I'll be able to use that for the journey to Venlo and then a ticket from there.
Aye the 9 euro ticket only covers shorter distance trains I believe, still really good value.

Last time we played Eindhoven away we stayed in Monchengladbach and used an NRW day ticket to get to Venlo but it also needed a zusatz ticket which was an addon to cover the part in the Netherlands to Venlo. It was the same on the way back too.

Every independent traveller should pick the ticket up at the destination, the club cba carrying that out 9/10 so allow the system to be abused therefore I’d scrap all points for euro trips

You’ve got people playing the game and not applying coz no intentions of going falling 15 points behind people applying with no intentions of going
Again though, what your saying is that those who travel shouldn’t get the points because the club can’t be bothered doing ticket collection in the city of the game which allows others to abuse the system?

Anyone who travels should be rewarded. They shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of others buying and selling on or the club not doing city collection. Not their fault.

Back