Tav on Morelos

gu_bear

I see Tav has given an RTV interview calling Morelos stupid for the red card.

While I agree Morelos was stupid I still don’t believe it merited a red and now all the red tops have jumped on it and are spinning it as the captain thinks it a red.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.

Last edited:

While I agree Morelos was stupid I still don’t believe it merited a red and now all the red tops have jumped on it and are spinning it as the captain thinks it a red.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that’s should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.

Morelos was stupid. That's undeniable.

Morelos was stupid and hopefully he was told this by manager and captain in the dressing room as well as on RTV. Players get away with that in the SPFL, doesn’t make it right though. You can’t appeal that.

We are/were never winning an appeal for the Morelos red. Tav is correct, Morelos was stupid. On less than 15 minutes and he has a swinging leg at a defender, an argument with Collum and two swings of his arm and a wee flick of the leg again at the red card. It was Alfie in full-on self-destruct mode because he’s got the hump at not playing.

Club should probably fine him.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that’s should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.
Personally, I wouldn't appeal Morelos's card, even though I believe it was harsh.
It just weakens the powerful case we have over Lundstram's card and would appear we will appeal everything.
We are not the Filth!

Captain is right the only question is wether calling Alfie out in public is wise but I guess you would imagine it came from Gio to say this.....

While Tav is correct in what he says he still shouldn’t make such comments publicly.

By all means tear into him in the dressing room though.

Only harms our chances on an appeal when it’s slapped all over the back pages that even our captain thinks it’s stupid.

We are/were never winning an appeal for the Morelos red. Tav is correct, Morelos was stupid. On less than 15 minutes and he has a swinging leg at a defender, an argument with Collum and two swings of his arm and a wee flick of the leg again at the red card. It was Alfie in full-on self-destruct mode because he’s got the hump at not playing.

Club should probably fine him.

Gio’s man management of him has been abysmal.

While Tav is correct in what he says he still shouldn’t make such comments publicly.

Only harms our chances on an appeal when it’s slapped all over the back pages that even our captain thinks it’s stupid.
We probably won't appeal, it was a red card, albeit soft.

As for the comments he's probably sick of seeing the same shite from Morelos for the past 5 years, same as the rest of us.

I think a few people have missed my point. It’s not that Tav it’s wrong it’s the fact that he’s put it in the public domain and that’s all that’s being focused on now rather than the shambles of a refereeing performance.

By calling Morelos out and not Collum it’s almost vindicated Collum.
This, and it's unbelievable to me, being an older bear, to watch this modern shit of appeasement.
They've tried to kill us these past ten years or so, will we ever wake up as a support and be United, I doubt it very much, I'm afraid.

We're not winning an appeal for Morelos.

Same shite for the last 5 years/he’s a fat liability despite training well enough to return ahead of schedule/he elbowed the player.

Some amount of lies being perpetuated about the guy from his own support.
I haven't told any lies at all. His red card record speaks for itself. Fair enough he hasn't had one for a while but compare the amount he has had in his time here with any other player and he will have far more. And most of them are for the same offence.

So it’s not been the ‘same shite for the past 5 years’ then.
Well actually it has. He signed for Rangers 5 years ago and I was talking about his disciplinary record as a whole over that time.

No doubt his first two seasons were really poor but he’s not had a sending off in 3 seasons surely you can see he’s improved.
Of course he had improved- not denying that. But that almost makes what he done today worse. Really hope for everyone's sake it was a one off moment of madness otherwise its going to be a really long season

No doubt his first two seasons were really poor but he’s not had a sending off in 3 seasons surely you can see he’s improved.
He should have been sent off the past two seasons though, for the stamp on porteous and the elbow on the Dundee Utd player in the unbeaten season.

I haven't told any lies at all. His red card record speaks for itself. Fair enough he hasn't had one for a while but compare the amount he has had in his time here with any other player and he will have far more. And most of them are for the same offence.
You have though, you’ve implied we’ve been putting up with this for the last 5 years when he hasn’t had a red card during 3 of those.

I don’t think Jack’s record looks great either, especially given the volume of games he misses.

He shouldn't be saying anything to the media, in-house or otherwise until we see the refs report and decide whether to appeal or not

Hes not a young boy anymore although he hasnt been sent off for a couple of years, will also be interesting if he signs a new contract or is sold before the end of the window
Who will buy him!
Lucky to get 5 mill!

You have though, you’ve implied we’ve been putting up with this for the last 5 years when he hasn’t had a red card during 3 of those.

I don’t think Jack’s record looks great either, especially given the volume of games he misses.
I've explained what I meant in other posts mate.

Yes he had improved after the first 2 seasons but today just reminded everyone of how unreliable he can be when he seems determined to get himself sent off.

He also had a small kick out not long after he came on when there was absolutely no need for it

Back