Alfie not going to Eindhoven

How long until the ne
A rather damning piece in The Athletic citing numerous times his attitude and professionalism has been called into question - as recently as the weekend before last week's CL 1st leg at Ibrox.

Interesting to see how this plays out over the next week or whether we may see a low ball offer come in from Sevilla if their rumored interested in a pre-contract is true.

What's this about?

Haha he’s just made the guy unsellable for being late

Turning up late after getting a ridiculous sending off the day before costing his teammates and manager 2 points, you think that's funny? If true, he's treating the club (and us) with utter contempt. An absolute disgrace given the amount of backing the club and fans have given him over the years.

He's worshipped by us but he doesn't give a f*ck about us.

There is literally zero chance we will get 10m for him now or even close. Clubs know he is in his last year and also do their homework on the player as a whole. Given his attitude and fitness issues i don’t think we would get half of that sadly despite him being worth 5 times that when fully fit, flying and tied down.

Edouard had attitude problems and essentially phoned it in for a season, and barely performed in top European matches. Celtic still got £12m-£14m for him in the last year of his contract. I don't see why Morelos would go for half that or less. He's performed against some top defenders in Europe and the right manager will back themselves to get the best out of him.

Jordan Campbell reporting that he strolled in late to Sundays recovery session at the training centre and that was the final straw for Gio.

He's also said in the same article he missed Malmo last season due to fitness which isn't the truth he missed Malmo because he had to do time in a quarantine hotel with COVID restrictions in place.

Maybe he should have simply told Morelos, shape up or ship out, you're not travelling with the squad this week.
Why the need to have it played out it public?
Why the need to shame the player in public?
What does it achieve?

His absence would have been noted, there’s no way it wouldn’t play out in public. Fan media get whispers, players mates get whispers, Tav’s comments at the weekend showed our captain wasn’t happy. Gio got in before the media put their spin on it. There’s been about 5 version of why on here and that’s with the manager’s statement, imagine what it would have been like in the press (who all look in here) without it.

Edouard had attitude problems and essentially phoned it in for a season, and barely performed in top European matches. Celtic still got £12m-£14m for him in the last year of his contract. I don't see why Morelos would go for half that or less. He's performed against some top defenders in Europe and the right manager will back themselves to get the best out of him.

The way the club handled it publicly yesterday will just see his value get lower if any clubs want him.

It really does. He’s at his fittest playing Weekend midweek. Do you think it’s a coincidence that he starts league campaigns poorly and then picks up towards the second half of the season. If you think he’s doing everything he can to be fit the. You disagree with me, the manager and the senior player group.
You should check his goal stats after Christmas. Think you would be surprised.

You can’t have a liability in your squad and that’s what he is. Must be great being in the opposition team knowing how easy he is to wind up

A rather damning piece in The Athletic citing numerous times his attitude and professionalism has been called into question - as recently as the weekend before last week's CL 1st leg at Ibrox.

Interesting to see how this plays out over the next week or whether we may see a low ball offer come in from Sevilla if their rumored interested in a pre-contract is true.

It's abundantly clear that Morelos seems to be as Charlie Muprhy wonderfully put it "a habitual line stepper"

Whether we should've indulged him this long and let it get to this stage after 5 years is another matter.

Bizarre one. He’s had issues in the past being overweight/stroppy but seemed to have changed his ways.

Saturday with his attitude and being clearly overweight still sort of felt like going back in time.

He never got out of shape in a moment.

It’s horrible and I hate to admit to to myself, but this is now a 26 year old player who is just unprofessional. Red card or not, it’s unacceptable to be out of shape at this stage in the season, he’s paid to do a job and he’s not doing it.

I can't help but think there's quite a lot we don't know.

It's not the dropping him that's the issue, as he's clearly not fit and of little use to us like this - but the public criticism of him. That feels like overkill based on the Hibs game alone.

There's more going on.

If the stuff the athletic are saying is true then I’m struggling to see a way back for him.

Gio saying Roofe a while away yet, we have one striker. A man who was brought in as a backup yet he’s had to carry the load in very game so far including pre season. We risk burning Colak out if we aren’t careful.

A striker is an absolute necessity asap to come in

His absence would have been noted, there’s no way it wouldn’t play out in public. Fan media get whispers, players mates get whispers, Tav’s comments at the weekend showed our captain wasn’t happy. Gio got in before the media put their spin on it. There’s been about 5 version of why on here and that’s with the manager’s statement, imagine what it would have been like in the press (who all look in here) without it.
He took a knock in training and thats why he's not going

Yes they do and always will,but the way the situation has been handled will see Morelos made the scapegoat, should the result go against us tonight, let's be in no doubt about that.
There was no need, none whatsoever to make public the background to this situation.
A simple "not fit to travel" was all that was required.
Not so sure, there’s definitely a good few people on here who think Morelos is bigger than the club.

It’s making for some cringeworthy reading, that’s for sure.

The way the club handled it publicly yesterday will just see his value get lower if any clubs want him.

You really think clubs do their research on a player on what’s in the press? You really don’t think there isn’t talk of his behaviour in professional circles prior to this? That no one noticed his chubby arse and petulance before now? He’s not the first player to be disciplined by his manager and it be public knowledge yet people are acting like our manager has done something extraordinary.

Last edited:
I realise that.
However, all Gio had to say, in that instance is "we are fully focused on the game in hand and the players who are here".

It's been a monumental %^*& up by whoever decided to make the details public 24hours before the most vital game we'll play all season.

I've literally just watched a piece on SSN and the game never got a mention. Gio,Goldson and Van Nistelrooy all talking about Alfie!!

What’s the conditioning clause in his contract that he refers to?
I would take a guess and say that players are expected to keep an eye on their weight and fitness levels whilst not in full training or during the off-season. Basic Self-discipline of a professional sportsman I would imagine.

I would imagine It's pretty standard for full time athletes.

Gio is the manager,not them and going public was so wrong.
Can you imagine the crybabies on here if Gio and the club had lied about the situation and the the truth came out a few days later?

Christ, it would be Armageddon on here.

The club have been strong and handled it right. Any lies and the agent would have leaked it.

Any talk about how it ‘diminishes’ his value is utter bollocks, given he’s free to sign in 129 days.

I would take a guess and say that players are expected to keep an eye on their weight and fitness levels whilst not in full training or during the off-season. Basic Self-discipline of a professional sportsman I would imagine.

I would imagine It's pretty standard for full time athletes.

Thanks. I just wondered because it was mentioned in the article like it was something particular to him.

It's called fvcking up!
This is clearly something that’s been brewing for a while regarding his attitude and fitness, or lack of. This is on Alfie, end of story.

It was never going to be kept private.

However you appear so angry there’s simply no debate to be had with you. The club and Gio have fecked up and that’s the end of it.

Hope you cheer up for the game tonight.

He's also said in the same article he missed Malmo last season due to fitness which isn't the truth he missed Malmo because he had to do time in a quarantine hotel with COVID restrictions in place.

And he’s already edited his article to add a paragraph about that. After doing as you said and saying it was because of lateness.

Morelos has done something to upset the management, and he has been punished. End of conversation. I think people are reading too much into this.
Becomes a bigger deal when you look at his contract situation though and losing a big player who’s worth a decent fee

Becomes a bigger deal when you look at his contract situation though and losing a big player who’s worth a decent fee
It’s got no bearing on his contract. The idea that we were going to sell him for a big fee before the window is out is utter fantasy.

If anything, the contract situation makes it easier to dump him, as it seems like he was keen on dumping us in January anyway.

You really think clubs do their research on a player on what’s in the press? You really don’t think there isn’t talk of his behaviour in professional circles prior to this? That no one noticed his chubby arse and petulance before now? He’s not the first player to be disciplined by the manager and it be public knowledge yet people are acting like our manager has done something extraordinary.

Of course clubs do research on players but if the club was looking for say £8m the approach yesterday will now see us get nowhere near that after slaughtering him publicly and getting anyone that would listen to join in. The line the club was giving everyone that would listen was then blown out the water by Gio and Goldson last night. We've slaughtered our own player in public but we don't take the same approach when our club is getting done on the pitch like we were at the weekend it's a weird strategy but sums up the mess of communication from our club.

Of course clubs do research on players but if the club was looking for say £8m the approach yesterday will now see us get nowhere near that after slaughtering him publicly and getting anyone that would listen to join in. The line the club was giving everyone that would listen was then blown out the water by Gio and Goldson last night. We've slaughtered our own player in public but we don't take the same approach when our club is getting done on the pitch like we were at the weekend it's a weird strategy but sums up the mess of communication from our club.
You think someone’s paying £8m for a player whose free in 129 days’ time?

Come on to %^*& my man.

Not like Jordan Cambell (the massive Rangers fan) to make up stories about the club.

The story would have got out anyway from the players agent.

It’s called getting ahead of the game and acting first.

There are some on social media etc who so want this to be their Barry v PLG moment for some reason with Nae Morelos Nae Rangers stuff. It’s weird.

He’s been ripping the piss out the fans for months with his fat arse, under performance and petulance. People who pay huge chunks of their wages to see him and yet some seem to be more Morelos FC men than Rangers men.

How have we slaughtered him? We’ve told a player with huge talent and a lot of potential to get his act together if he wants a future at our club. The dramatics over that are incredible.

Back