Napoli Away?

What's the consensus on this one?

Travel first of all - Naples isn't really the easiest part of Europe to access I didn't think, Rome maybe easier to get to & train down if going independent?

And as for the locals - don't think its the most hospitable hosts, bit of a penchant for stabbing folk in the ass if memory serves right. Maybe need to watch your back when there?

Certainly not enough to put me off going but trickier of the away trips.

Anyone got any first hand experiences of them?

Depending on what they're stabbing with some people might enjoy that.

Seen every bit of Naples on the TV series Gomorrah if that counts :))

Got an AirBnB here

8c84e7e9dbc31c4ec1cc6fcdb3b5399b--corridor-le-monde.jpg

IS NAPLES DANGEROUS?​

For as long as I can remember, Naples has not had the best reputation for tourists. There are its associations with the mafia, people always talk about the city’s trash problem, and it’s certainly supposed to be inefficient compared to the major cities in the north of Italy.

I arrived expecting to find that these stereotypes were just tales that get perpetuated by people who have never been – only heard about it secondhand.

I had assumed that some of the other negatives stories about Naples were no longer relevant – that they described how the city used to be, not how I would find it now.

I was wrong.

There is no denying it – Naples is dirty and Naples is dangerous. Everywhere you go, bins overflow with trash and streets have rubbish just piled up against the wall or in the middle of the square.

Walls are covered with scrawled graffiti, gardens are full of weeds, historic buildings are falling apart.

And the crime level is relatively high, with tourists particularly targeted. Pickpocketing, bag-snatching, muggings. This is a reality in Naples – I can promise you – and certainly more than anywhere else I’ve been previously in Italy.

Yours Judith Chalmers
Sounds like Glasgow.

I wonder if the Napoli version of follow follow is giving advice to avoid "il Quattro corneri"?
are they outraged we have besmirched their honour by deep frying pizza?

what happened? you couldn't just step aside?
Step aside? It was a full scale riot we were caught up in the midst of. "Mi scusi cari compagni. Potresti smettere di combattere per un momento e lasciami passare per favore"? Was just not going to cut it :rolleyes:

Buzzing for this one! Always hear of the pre travel horror stories and heard similar before Warsaw and Belgrade but survived.

As usual, stay in numbers. Dont show off colours. Keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine.

This is the one I'll be trying to book first. I think people warning to be a bit cautious are fair enough. Traveling to these places as a tourist and as part of a visiting support are a bit different I'd say but, definitely isn't putting me off.

Those that are going, are you planning on staying in Naples itself? Seen a few mentioning Rome and train.

I went to Rome last month with the mrs, we done a day trip down to Naples, hour on the train and it was £40 return each.

Got off the train at Naples centrale, took a 10 minute walk outside and then did an about turn and got a train to pompei instead.

The place is manky, the streets are knee deep in rubbish and 90% of the people kicking about look like they’re after robbing your gutties.

Just my experience but thought the place was sketchy and didn’t like it at all.

This is the one I'll be trying to book first. I think people warning to be a bit cautious are fair enough. Traveling to these places as a tourist and as part of a visiting support are a bit different I'd say but, definitely isn't putting me off.

Those that are going, are you planning on staying in Naples itself? Seen a few mentioning Rome and train.

We're looking at the Sorrento area. Only an hour from Naples on the train.

Bunch of misinformed panty-wetters on here

We went to Naples for a week a few months ago. We went all over the city at all hours of night and not once did I feel in any way worried or threatened. It is a fabulous city.

We also went to Napoli v Fiorentina and it was a great atmosphere, friendly locals, etc. and we were on the home Curva right behind the goal with the Ultras. No bother at all.

Some real shite getting spouted here by people who've read too many books
Was going to post something v similar. Was there for a long weekend in July. Was a great city, lots of bars and restaurants and no hassle at all. Same as everywhere don't walk off alone and keep your wits about you.

Get over to sorrento and enjoy the good life. Can get the train or boat over to Naples from there.

Thinking Of doing all 3 trips to be honest and this is the one excites me the most.

Same mate. I'm only going to Liverpool if I get a ticket, which is unlikely. Amsterdam will be bedlam I reckon. Thinking of going back to Eindhoven and just in and out for the game.

Best option for sure. Lots of brilliant cafes and bars to enjoy. The only issue is that you will look like a prat if you want to put a flag out or sing. Definitely for the more discerning bear

Haha that can be saved for the ground. I generally like to see a bit of the place when I go away mate so this is definitely an option. Will need to see what flights we get first and decide from there.

Napoli forum:
Avoid the Four Corners, Union St, Pollok, Nitshill, Barlarnark, Easterhouse, Govanhill, Castlemilk, and Drumchapel. If Female, definitely stay out of the Public Parks.
You'd be better staying in Troon or Prestwick, even visit Nardini's in Largs, where you can relax, eat Fish n Chips, play some Golf and enjoy some fine Scotch. All within an easy commute to the Stadium. :))

Last edited:
Probably the first time I’ve said No to an away trip with no hesitation.

Those bastards are far too stab happy for my likings.

Here's an idea. If your concerned about your safety, don't go.

In my euro travels, the worst have been Holland and France. Turin was not too bad apart from the cops, who got chased at the end of the game and 2 Rangers fans who were stabbed before it. Cops were too handy with their batons.

I (probably niavely as a 5ft fk all female) really fancy this one. Trying to convince my husband who is against me going that I’ll just have a quiet afternoon in some wee bar with pizza and Peroni. “And the naples gangs and napoli ultras will just be there making sure your beer is cold and pizza cooked perfectly?” he says.

Sounds uncharacteristic to me but if they like :))

They know people are paying it though mate. Hopefully it’s not as much as that but I can see it being pricey.
Are the Glassy boys doing Edinburgh to Rome??

3 hour + bus journey is putting me off that a wee bit. It's always superbly organised though.

Back