Warnock and Super Ally

KingDado

gone see sowt but I’m fu Jed up ii. N the beefa
I want Neil Warnock as our next manager and I hope the board go all out to get him. He is a no-nonsense Manager who gets the best out of his players and I think he would be by far and away our best hope right now. He also has a fondness of the Bears and has previously joked about managing us one day with SA as his 2nd. Given how this whole charade has panned out and how the dark days started with Ally in charge - it would be quite fitting for us to lift 55 with him back in the Management team along side Warnock. Stuff of fantasy perhaps but I reckon the both of them could be convinced if the board went all out and we deserve an epic and fitting end to this misery. Thoughts?

Clint Hill speaks about Warnock a bit below..

"I think he would love another crack at the English Premier League with Cardiff. But he does speak fondly of Rangers.

"Give him everything you have got and he will love you, if you don’t, then you might not be staying around very long"

The defender - who loved his time with the old-school boss has detailed what makes him so special to work with.

He added: "He is unique, no other manager can do what he does. Gives players responsibility, treats them like human beings,generally recruits good characters that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and this in turn creates a strong bond and a camaraderie between players."

We don't need an old school manager. Warnock is a great manager in the english championship but thats his ceiling. I know the standard there is better than SPL but hes just all wrong for us.

Warnock signed a new contract with Cardiff until 2020 back in February so doesn't look like he is going anywhere.

We don't need an old school manager. Warnock is a great manager in the english championship but thats his ceiling. I know the standard there is better than SPL but hes just all wrong for us.

Not saying you’re right or wrong but who are you proposing?

Warnock signed a new contract with Cardiff until 2020 back in February so doesn't look like he is going anywhere.

Think this was more a case of him having another chance to get them up if he didn’t manage it this year.

Not saying you’re right or wrong but who are you proposing?
I'm not sure to be honest. I think Steve Clarke would be good but its really hard to pick a known name. I don't want someone like Warnock though.

Its tough to pick someone. I can see why the board struggled to be honest especially as they have made slightly brave picks with the last 2 (warburton then pedro) and both have ended badly.

Think this was more a case of him having another chance to get them up if he didn’t manage it this year.

If that was the case then why sign a new deal before they know where they are likely to be playing next season? Sounds like he is committed to Cardiff whether they go up or not.

I've no idea about the next manager all honesty!

It’s getting pretty f.ucking exhausting even thinking about it now.

Clint Hill speaks highly of him so that’s something!

If that was the case then why sign a new deal before they know where they are likely to be playing next season? Sounds like he is committed to Cardiff whether they go up or not.

Cardiff secure their Manager.
Warnock secures his future.

If he decides he wants to move on someone will be paying compensation for him.

Like Good Cop/Bad Cop??

Warnock spends all morning screaming at them and in the afternoon Ally gets his arse out for a bit of a wind down??

It honestly makes me pish myself the thought of them all skelping the ball of his arse back in the 3rd division.

Warnock would go through Ibrox and Auchenhowie like a hurricane - players, coaches, Directors, media, the lot. It would be aggressive, confrontational and controversial.

I'm not sure the Board would be up for it - but he could well be just what we need for the next 2-3 seasons.

We need to cull the mediocrity that we have been accepting for too long. Warnock is a rare and dying breed. Give him what he wants and he will deliver for us I’m sure of it. The board or MA may not want to deal with such a firey character though ..

I honestly feel like he's the only sensible choice.

Although Clarke could be a shout i'd much rather Warnock.

Would take Warnock no problem. Don't get why the OP feels the need for McCoist to be tagged on?
I reckon given Ally’s experience and different nature it would be a good contrast to Warnocks and a calm head when Warnock is going off on one. Just think it would be a good fit.

Have to admit I am warming to the idea of warnock, I think it is clear we need an experience man manager and someone that will command respect in the dressing room

I knew this was a nonsense thread but can admin start chopping speculative threads with no question mark. Threads go for less regularly.

I am actually not opposed to this suggestion OP, one of the better ideas I`ve seen on here this week!

Ally was actually a decent no.2 under Walter, I think he would give balance to an old school type manager like Warnock. He would certainly pull the dressing room together.

I reckon given Ally’s experience and different nature it would be a good contrast to Warnocks and a calm head when Warnock is going off on one. Just think it would be a good fit.

Having thought about it, if it’s really what Warnock wanted then I wouldn’t be completely against it. Just don’t think King & Co would sign off on it.

Anyway, I think Warnock had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he said it.

The elements he didn't enjoy about managing in the EPL can be sorted by Cardiff if they want him to stay, IMO he'll remain where he is.

I get your reasoning but is there no one similar who could do the same job? Maybe Kevin Thomson? McCoist has too much baggage imo.

We need a manager in a similar mould to Warncock (Or dare I say it TLB*) who can come in and grab the squad by the short and curlies and get them prepared to go out and put a shift in.

*Not in the slightest suggesting Lennon.

I would love Warnock for a couple of seasons as he would be 72 then and probably close to calling it a day, he can build a mean defence and that has to be our priority just now.

He would command instant respect and nobody would dare try and take the kunt with him.

Warnock is the right man at the wrong time.

If Cardiff go up, then no chance.
I think he would come even if they got promoted

I think the timing could be perfect. Given his previous comments regarding not wanting to manage in the EPL. He gets Cardiff promoted, leaves on a high and has the chance to win silverware and be a legend in what will be one of his last if not his last job in the game.

I’m not so sure about that.

Yes he’s signed a new contract, however if we came knocking I think he would give it serious thought. I remember an interview on talksport earlier this season and he basically said he has no love for the EPL, full of egos.

I think he is exactly what we need at this time, just my opinion.

Back