Warnock and Super Ally

I want Neil Warnock as our next manager and I hope the board go all out to get him. He is a no-nonsense Manager who gets the best out of his players and I think he would be by far and away our best hope right now. He also has a fondness of the Bears and has previously joked about managing us one day with SA as his 2nd. Given how this whole charade has panned out and how the dark days started with Ally in charge - it would be quite fitting for us to lift 55 with him back in the Management team along side Warnock. Stuff of fantasy perhaps but I reckon the both of them could be convinced if the board went all out and we deserve an epic and fitting end to this misery. Thoughts?

Clint Hill speaks about Warnock a bit below..

"I think he would love another crack at the English Premier League with Cardiff. But he does speak fondly of Rangers.

"Give him everything you have got and he will love you, if you don’t, then you might not be staying around very long"

The defender - who loved his time with the old-school boss has detailed what makes him so special to work with.

He added: "He is unique, no other manager can do what he does. Gives players responsibility, treats them like human beings,generally recruits good characters that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and this in turn creates a strong bond and a camaraderie between players."

Yes I have heard Mr Warnock speak a few times and certainly has an affinity with Rangers, he said he watches them whenever he can get up here, always watches our scores. You never know?

I would love Warnock for a couple of seasons as he would be 72 then and probably close to calling it a day, he can build a mean defence and that has to be our priority just now.

He would command instant respect and nobody would dare try and take the kunt with him.

Why? He's a fucking melt with behavioral issues.

It's Colin Wanker we're talking about, not Arsene Wenger.

Why would we want a manager who gets teams to punch above their weight , is not scared of dressing room conflict and would take absolutely no shit of the media ?

Getting teams like Cardiff City to punch above their weight is a bonus and can't be compared to our situation as our demands are way in excess of what he is used to.

His football is primitive stuff, although I'm beginning to think a lot of Rangers fans sadly want this kind of pish at all costs.

If making yourself look like an absolute hysterical adolescent (witness his conduct in the Wolves aftermath) constitutes 'taking no shit from the media' then we may as well approach Neil Lennon as his conduct is exactly the same.

If Colin Wanker struggles with the scrutiny of the media in the Championship, which essentially is very low key, then he will get roasted in Scotland with his unhinged behaviour which is never far from the surface - and will be amplified when we inevitably lose a couple of games. That's the reality.

Like Good Cop/Bad Cop??

Warnock spends all morning screaming at them and in the afternoon Ally gets his arse out for a bit of a wind down??
Looking back at Colin’s career I think he plays good cop bad cop all on his own. Lights a fire under arsed with criticism and motivation.

Warnock, whilst being very easy to dislike, knows how to organise a team and always seems to improve the teams he manages. On the other hand, he is a bit 'unstable' and I'm not sure he'd even want to come to Scotland. Can't see it happening.

Warnock has definitely got something about him, a very good coach,I couldn't imagine the team being so spineless if he was in charge last week against them.

I wouldn’t want Warnock any where near our club....... once he goes back up to the premiership with Cardiff, he’ll be back to being one of the mundane English managers on that never ending merry go round of mid to bottom table clubs, and will be given the chop within 12 months.

I wouldn’t want Warnock any where near our club....... once he goes back up to the premiership with Cardiff, he’ll be back to being one of the mundane English managers on that never ending merry go round of mid to bottom table clubs, and will be given the chop within 12 months.

He probably won’t be their manager next season, regardless of where they finish up. The new contract was more about stabilising the dressing room than Warnock himself.

McCoist as assistant coach? Are we signing Jon Daly again?

Warnock is one thing but Ally should never, ever have any involvement in football operations at Ibrox again. The half time draw, entertain corporate, maybe even a 'brand ambassador' but management?!

McCoist as assistant coach? Are we signing Jon Daly again?

Warnock is one thing but Ally should never, ever have any involvement in football operations at Ibrox again. The half time draw, entertain corporate, maybe even a 'brand ambassador' but management?!
In hindsight SA was probably a combination of a rush of blood to the head, a caffeine rush, a misty eyed look back on our glory days, the raw hangover of Sunday and the desperation for good things and to wave goodbye to this current shit. Warnock and SA I still think would work well together however I get other views on SA and agree with some too.

But how good would it be to watch him go tonto and tell a right few home truths? Outstanding!

I can understand if he was being considered, but there is a man 1 year older than him that would kick those spoiled bitches of players up and down Copland road, but he is retired and his name is Walter.

As someone else has said, if something happened to Warnock, it would mean McCoist back in charge again. No fuckin way..

I just put a fiver on Warnock at 20/1 based on some lassie in my brothers work who’s husband knows someone high up from Central Car Auctions, who told him about Pedro early and says the deal for Warnock is done.

So definitely full proof, and if my bet doesn’t win I’m hunting them all down, including my brother.

I can understand if he was being considered, but there is a man 1 year older than him that would kick those spoiled bitches of players up and down Copland road, but he is retired and his name is Walter.

The important factor there being that Walter is 'retired' and will stay that way. He'd be nuts to even consider entering the dysfunctional nonsense we are seeing at Ibrox right now, at all levels. Warnock is still currently an 'active' Manager (in more ways than one LOL).

I just put a fiver on Warnock at 20/1 based on some lassie in my brothers work who’s husband knows someone high up from Central Car Auctions, who told him about Pedro early and says the deal for Warnock is done.

So definitely full proof, and if my bet doesn’t win I’m hunting them all down, including my brother.

I can guarantee those rumours will have stemmed from Dunoon, very good bet at that price.

I can guarantee those rumours will have stemmed from Dunoon, very good bet at that price.

I've not heard it yet :mad::D

I've wanted him since Warburton left TBH, met him a couple of times and he's a decent guy with an affinity for the Gers, I hope he gets the job.

I think there's more chance of him staying with Cardiff if they just miss out on promotion than if they do come up.

Warnock would be great for me and i have Barry Ferguson as his number two, I dont give a shit about what he has said in the papers or a crap tv show. The guy is for our last Ranegrs legend and he is a winner and exactly what that squad of duds need right now.

For me these two with 8 first team players signed in the summer would be a good start. The only players i would start out our current squad is McCrorie, Jack and Tav. The rest are squad players if that.

Second person to make this exact kind of post today. Starting to feel like there must be something in this, unless you've just seen the other post and decided to bandwagon. :D

FWIW I would be happy with Warnock and think he's the ideal type of manager we could be doing with right now.

Warnock should have been the choice instead of Warburton

Its too late for him now.

And Ally? No way.

Can see the bucket list attraction for Warnock, but couldn’t see him at Rangers for one reason in particular - the standard of the SPL. He’s a real football man & loves the competitive nature of the Championship. He wouldn’t get that in the SPL.

As for Ally as his assistant? Don’t think so. He comes with assistants Kevin Blackwell & Ronnie Jepson - who do most/all of the coaching by all accounts.

Back