Warnock and Super Ally

I’m not so sure about that.

Yes he’s signed a new contract, however if we came knocking I think he would give it serious thought. I remember an interview on talksport earlier this season and he basically said he has no love for the EPL, full of egos.

I think he is exactly what we need at this time, just my opinion.

I’m of the opinion that he’d come regardless of where Cardiff are playing next season.

He’s a Rangers fan, he’s fond of Scotland and it would be his last chance to manage a truly big club as opposed to fighting a relegation battle with cannon fodder like Cardiff.

I get your reasoning but is there no one similar who could do the same job? Maybe Kevin Thomson? McCoist has too much baggage imo.
I dont know, given all thats went before and the dust has now settled a bit, I think he would be more determined than ever to bring home 55. He wont be Rangers manager again or a better gig anywhere else.

My first choice is out of reach (Sean Dyche) so I would settle for Warnock.

He’s getting on a bit but would command respect in the dressing room and from the media.

Super Ally couldn’t manage a good shite, and Warnock’s missus would be getting domestic abuse every other weekend!!

That’s an emphatic NO from me!

What happened to the majority 'Colin Wanker' stuff and nobody wanting Warnock to now he is 'the man'?

McCoist was a fucking disaster in charge/on the management team at Ibrox.

Do folk actually want the best for the club?

I can remember Warnock mentioning managing us with Stuart McCall as his assistant but I've never heard him meantion Ally?

I would take Colin. He'd give this squad a right boot up the arse.

I can remember Warnock mentioning managing us with Stuart McCall as his assistant but I've never heard him meantion Ally?

I would take Colin. He'd give this squad a right boot up the arse.

Tongue in cheek comment on Talksport.

What happened to the majority 'Colin Wanker' stuff and nobody wanting Warnock to now he is 'the man'?

SA as a no.2 was a disaster?

Personally ,I think we need someone to come in who will sort the mess out.

Someone who will take no shit and give his all for the cause .

Someone who will accept nothing less than the same kind of commitment from the squad .

Neil Warnock wasn't even on my radar but given the unique circumstances I think he might just be the man to shake the whole place up .

I don't believe we are getting a marquee name for manager ,Warnock may well be the best option we have open to us.

If he's signed an extension with Cardiff he's probably off limits as I don't see us paying the compo to get him

Preparing to be whelmed again

We don't need an old school manager. Warnock is a great manager in the english championship but thats his ceiling. I know the standard there is better than SPL but hes just all wrong for us.
If the Championship is his ceiling then it’s markrdly above the ceiling of the SPL.

Personally ,I think we need someone to come in who will sort the mess out.

Someone who will take no shit and give his all for the cause .

Someone who will accept nothing less than the same kind of commitment from the squad .

Neil Warnock wasn't even on my radar but given the unique circumstances I think he might just be the man to shake the whole place up .

I don't believe we are getting a marquee name for manager ,Warnock may well be the best option we have open to us.

No to so long ago had anyone mentioned Warnock as Manager they'd have been met with panto boo'ing and hissing! So what really has changed? He can't go from not being Rangers class and (insert other insults over his managerial style and who he has managed) to now being a preferred candidate.

One old video of him going tonto in the dressing room seems to have planted the seed that he'll sort it all out. I don't believe we are going to get a marquee name either, most of the names banded about on here are with hope as opposed to realism.

D'you know......if it's Warnock and he does the job, magic...........maybe what's irking me is the full swing of majority opinion which seems more on hope than fact and the mere thought of McCoist returning for a laugh.

A yes to Warnock but McCoist should never be allowed into Ibrox again never mind given a job. Just another spiv in my eyes.

I don’t think anyone would argue who they’d prefer but we need to be realistic.
I agree mate. Was tongue in cheek really. Just think if we were to get an old head in who wouldn’t take any shit, there’s only one option for me.

But sadly he’s not even an option.

It`s only a couple of months since Warnock signed a two year extension to his contract at Cardiff and I would guess, as things stand, that we couldn`t afford to buy him out, pay his wages, or give him a decent budget for players, so I think it`s unlikely he will be coming north any time soon.

Had to be bailed out by Smith when he was given a chance in the LC and you don't think he just adopted his 'laugh a minute' training as soon as he became manager do you?
Ally is a good no.2, never a manager. He would also work wonders with Morelos.

Warnock would be a good appointment given the current circumstances. disciplinarian, commands respect, has a nack for turning clubs around and getting the best out of players. far too many of our players are passengers in games - he would sort that out!

far better option than FdB

i reckon he would love the chance to manage rangers.

No to so long ago had anyone mentioned Warnock as Manager they'd have been met with panto boo'ing and hissing! So what really has changed? He can't go from not being Rangers class and (insert other insults over his managerial style and who he has managed) to now being a preferred candidate.

One old video of him going tonto in the dressing room seems to have planted the seed that he'll sort it all out. I don't believe we are going to get a marquee name either, most of the names banded about on here are with hope as opposed to realism.

D'you know......if it's Warnock and he does the job, magic...........maybe what's irking me is the full swing of majority opinion which seems more on hope than fact and the mere thought of McCoist returning for a laugh.

Like I said, maybe he is the right guy to come in and shake the club up .

I have known about Warnock and his style of management for a lot longer than a few weeks.

He is old school , yes but maybe that's what we need for a season or two .

He wasn't in my thinking but sometimes ,when needs must the devil drives.

He has managed and done well at a level above that which we play in and I think he would have the cajones for the job.

Is he my ideal choice , no but he is not as far fetched a proposition as he once maybe was.

As for Ally , do me a favour

Forget about his contract with Cardiff, means nothing and he’s still not decided if he’ll manage them in the Premiership. (If they get there).

He wants Rangers but unfortunately Rangers don’t want him, was the last I heard.

Absolutely anyone who has proper top flight managerial experience in Scotland or England would be a massive step in the right direction from the current comedy manager.

I honestly cannot get my head round all the negative comments that come flooding out onto this forum every time a genuine, proper manager's name is mentioned. Warnock (Colin Wanker), Steve McClaren (Shteeve the umbrella), even fucking Allardyce was rubbished on here and got it in the neck as not playing exciting enough football. Jesus, he's saved Everton from a nightmare season in less than half a season.

We need to get real with our expectations and realise that the board will undoubtedly go for a safe pair of hands this time, after the last three appointments

I’m of the opinion that he’d come regardless of where Cardiff are playing next season.

He’s a Rangers fan, he’s fond of Scotland and it would be his last chance to manage a truly big club as opposed to fighting a relegation battle with cannon fodder like Cardiff.

I'm with you on that one mate.

At 70, I reckon NW will have 1 job left in him. Having already managed in the PL, i think he would prefer trying to win the league with rangers rather than trying to avoid the drop with Cardiff.

At Rangers he would be able to sign players he can relate to and get a knows how to get a reaction out of (give the hair drier treatment without them crying). I don't think he could do that with Cardiff in the PL.

Lets be honest, we are a basket case of a club at the moment. There is no hiding from it. But i think that will carry an element of appeal for Warnock - who is often viewed as 'a fixer' type manager

He wasn't even in my thoughts as a potential manager a few weeks ago, but i am really warming to the idea of him now.

Don't want Warnock, he's an unstable individual.

As for that not so super tag along charlatan, if he wants back into Ibrox he can buy a ticket like the rest of us

Would love to see it but if Cardiff go up there’s no chance.

Funny that folk are saying Warnock but Smith is too old, given they are the same age, I know who I’d put my faith in first...

Appreciate the standing Ally has with some Bears because of his legend status as a player but I am afraid he was an absolute disaster in the managers role and should be nowhere near the club stealing a wage as a coach or in any other position ever again.

Would love to see it but if Cardiff go up there’s no chance.

Funny that folk are saying Warnock but Smith is too old, given they are the same age, I know who I’d put my faith in first...

As has been said, Cardiff’s league status is irrelevant. He has stated he doesn’t know if he wants to manage in the Premiership again and hasn’t made his mind up.

Cardiff’s league status will have no bearing on our next Manager.

Back