MOTM Poll Rangers v Queen of the South - 19:45 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What did the Match thread Zoomers do before the internet? Were they writing in to Points of View?

"Dear the BBC, I'd like to express my immense displeasure at your new Moira Stuart for her mis-pronounciation of the word "pessimist" during a recent news bulletin. I appreciate she has properly pronounced a plethora of words prior to this unprofessional show, but feel she should be removed immediately from the show. She just won't cut it"

Still you expect a certain level from players like Sakala, Matondo and Kamara and they failed miserably tonight
To be fair if Arfield had passed 2 simple chances into the net, Matondo's night would have looked alot better.

I don't think there were any real nightmare performances on the park, but the Jack/ Kamara/ Davis/ Arfield combination doesn't scream flair going forward. The ball just seemed constantly being passed, controlled, stopped, passed, controlled, stopped, etc. thirty yards from their goal

Gonna go pour vodka in my eyes to try and unsee that game, but at least we won with no injuries and King/Ridvan looked decent. Best thing is probably Tav Goldson Borna Sands Lawrence Lundstram Kent Colak etc all rested for a whole week before the scum game.
Comments like this are why I rarely visit match threads.

Everyone having a moan about the performance, it’s an experimental team. An 18 year old leading the line, Jack at CB another two 18 year olds on. I was hoping for some more goals but good to get some out there.
Yep. Straight forward. Rest some regulars, give younger players a taste and give players coming back from injury a run out.

Are you really criticising GK for his performance tonight? He absolutely strolled through that tonight, won’t even need a shower
Not criticising him, he should be expected to stroll it tonight given the opposition and past performances. I'll stand by what I've said he hasn't hit the heights and performaces he showed weekly pre Sparta.

that was informative which was what Gio wanted, glad it was not a walk over, and the youngsters had to work for it, it's the best way to improve.
some folks going a bit OTT with the criticism, remember this is a youth team ffs
also, seen enough of Ridvan to think he can defo play, look forward to him when he gets up to speed

I thought he was really good. Crisp passing and good movement and I would argue, out of the three you mention in comparison, looks the best defender out of all of them when they were at this stage.
Who wants a RB that can defend?!?! Lol

He looks solid, its not a slight on him, I just dont see him challenging for starts in the near future (even if Tav were injured)

Was impressed with what we saw of young Stevens, and indeed of Nsio too.

Gave MOTM to Arfield but could have been Davis or even Sakala.

I know I'm being unfair but I'd hoped to see Lovelace explode onto this match (yes, I know).

Sakala's poor pass aside, he did well for us.
King had two poor passes but shows some pace otherwise, which is a good sign for us at CB.
Matondo was genuinely great one minute, pi**poor the next -- a quite frustrating player to watch.
Yilmaz had a good game.

A decent victory (without injuries ...) on a night when Annan are taking Aberdeen into extra time.

To be fair if Arfield had passed 2 simple chances into the net, Matondo's night would have looked alot better.

I don't think there were any real nightmare performances on the park, but the Jack/ Kamara/ Davis/ Arfield combination doesn't scream flair going forward. The ball just seemed constantly being passed, controlled, stopped, passed, controlled, stopped, etc. thirty yards from their goal
The kind of game screaming out for a Lowry type in all honesty

Very important to get game time for Jack,Davis,Kamara and Arfield tonight to sharpen them up. Stroll in the park for them all too

Impressed with King and Ridvan and then McCann when he came on

Rest of the young ones look a bit raw yet

Matondo and Sakala were pretty poor tbh

Who wants a RB that can defend?!?! Lol

He looks solid, its not a slight on him, I just dont see him challenging for starts in the near future (even if Tav were injured)

There is something unglamorous about him but he does the basics really well and seems incredibly composed. Almost something old school about him.

I agree that he is does not look as dynamic as Patterson and Bassey. But he kept picking out dangerous passes inside to the strikers feet. I have a good feeling about him.

Yilmaz touch for 2nd goal unreal. After that was on the fringes of the game. Steady but not a lot coming down that side of the park

Back