MOTM Poll Rangers v Queen of the South - 19:45 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone having a moan about the performance, it’s an experimental team. An 18 year old leading the line, Jack at CB another two 18 year olds on. I was hoping for some more goals but good to get some out there.

It was like the first preseason friendly of a new season, players not played together for a while and everyone just doing their own shit.

The important thing for me is we saw some young players in a match that mattered, unlike the hearts game last season, and they won 3-1 with some nice goals. This isnt even our second string team.

His touch and set up for Arfield done it for me tbh, that touch was unreal. No one really got pass marks tonight honestly bar Arfield so harsh to single one out, especially his first game.
Davis was head and shoulders above everyone. Everything went through him.
I agree with your point though I was expecting more from Yilmaz but his setup for the goal was a piece of brilliance.

There is something unglamorous about him but he does the basics really well and seems incredibly composed. Almost something old school about him.

I agree that he is does not look as dynamic as Patterson and Bassey. But he kept picking out dangerous passes inside to the strikers feet. I have a good feeling about him.
Maybe its cos he is ginger?!?! Who knows lol

Na fair play to him, he didnt look out of his depth certainly, tough to judge any of the younger players as some of the seniors hardly helped them tonight

It's a comfortable but at times disjointed performance - as anyone would expect given the team.

Good signs again from King, there's no need to buy a CH as some have been suggesting in the transfer thread.

If Burnley really are interested in Sakala for 3m, it's a conversation I'd be having.

that was informative which was what Gio wanted, glad it was not a walk over, and the youngsters had to work for it, it's the best way to improve.
some folks going a bit OTT with the criticism, remember this is a youth team ffs
also, seen enough of Ridvan to think he can defo play, look forward to him when he gets up to speed

I thought Ridvans debut he wasnt great, but that was to be expected, I think we see tonight he has more about him, he will be a good player once he gets up to speed with the team.

To be fair if Arfield had passed 2 simple chances into the net, Matondo's night would have looked alot better.

I don't think there were any real nightmare performances on the park, but the Jack/ Kamara/ Davis/ Arfield combination doesn't scream flair going forward. The ball just seemed constantly being passed, controlled, stopped, passed, controlled, stopped, etc. thirty yards from their goal
It was and Davis was the biggest culprit for slowing the game down,I've always been a Davies fan but age has caught up with him,also I think we played 4 of those short corners and got no where,not a fan of them at all.

It's a comfortable but at times disjointed performance - as anyone would expect given the team.

Good signs again from King, there's no need to buy a CH as some have been suggesting in the transfer thread.

If Burnley really are interested in Sakala for 3m, it's a conversation I'd be having.
Conversation?!?
£3m - I’d take $3 and a McDonalds free apple pie token !

McCann has looked a player any time I have seen him. We will either need to get him out on loan or find a way of giving him game time. He is levels above B team football.

Job done I guess. Yilmaz was the main positive for me.

Didn’t think any of the young home grown lads who started really seized the opportunity.

The Steven Davis show tonight, Jack and Arfield also very good as well as Kamara, the young lads looked very decent too, McCann has a Barry Ferguson movement about him and thats not a bad thing of course.

Job done I guess. Yilmaz was the main positive for me.

Didn’t think any of the young home grown lads who started really seized the opportunity.
I thought you could say the same of Yilmaz as well tbf. Borna wont be too concerned thats for sure. Again a tough game to judge too seriously on.

It was like the first preseason friendly of a new season, players not played together for a while and everyone just doing their own shit.

The important thing for me is we saw some young players in a match that mattered, unlike the hearts game last season, and they won 3-1 with some nice goals. This isnt even our second string team.
Couple of cunts outing themselves the night with mental takes and just posting pish.

Does anyone believe that? . If there was an offer Gio would have chased hilm

Very pleasing to see the youngsters get some first team exposure - bet every one of them will have enjoyed the experience. Wish I could have joined them but sadly that time is long past.

One moan - why are we so pitiful at throw ins? More than half the time there’s no one showing for the ball.

I thought all the young lads did well. King had a couple of lose passes but did really well at CB. I thought Ridvan showed he has plenty of skill though he faded after about 60 minutes so needs work on his stamina and physique.

I thought Charlie McCann looked as good as I've seen him play he's maturing well. Adam Divine covered well and made an important clearance over his own bar. He had some nice football in him but was hesitant to run on, that'll come.

Robbie Ure lead the line well for an 18 year old though his first touch is a bit of a lottery. Took his goal well although I thought there was a deflection on it. Paul Nsio was nice and tidy and filled in well in the midfield for the 15 minutes he got. Archie Stevens was Lively and should have been given a free kick on the edge of their box on the end of a nice run. Zak Lovelace wasn't frightened to have a pop from anywhere when he came on although they didnt really use him as much as they should have so we didnt get to see much of him and only 16.

My MOTM was between Davis and Arfield and I'm giving it to Arfield for his movement and goals.

Well done to the young lads.

Davis and Arfield pretty much ran it, aided by Kamara and Jack.

Mostly good from King.

One lovely, encouraging touch from Ridvan.

I so want things to work for wee Fashion but it just always feels a bit harem scarem.

One lovely ball from Matondo. Not quite taking the responsibility that we need him to yet.

Would have liked Lovelace to get a half.

Devine not looking out of place.

Love McCann

I thought you could say the same of Yilmaz as well tbf. Borna wont be too concerned thats for sure. Again a tough game to judge too seriously on.

I thought Yilmaz was our best player. Especially in the first half and no one really gets pass marks in the 2nd.

He was constantly making runs and getting forward, keeping them occupied.

They gave MOTM to Ure in the stadium which I suppose they’ll always do for a young lad scoring but generally I thought he was invisible after 5 mins

Comments like this are why I rarely visit match threads.
Bit tongue in cheek mate but there was a 5 minute period at 2-1 where it actually looked like we had a game on our hands, ending in the one Devine hit it over our bar and it could’ve went anywhere. It should never have gotten to that stage against QOTS. If that had went in we it would’ve gotten very nervy.

Glad we got no injuries and rested probably all of our starters for Saturday, as well as a couple of positives for example Yilmaz and King, but can’t pretend it was a great game for us.

Devine looks a very good up and coming player.
Arfield and Davis qualities were on show throughout. Hope to see more of McCann.
Good 90 minutes under the belt.

What did the Match thread Zoomers do before the internet? Were they writing in to Points of View?

"Dear the BBC, I'd like to express my immense displeasure at your new Moira Stuart for her mis-pronounciation of the word "pessimist" during a recent news bulletin. I appreciate she has properly pronounced a plethora of words prior to this unprofessional show, but feel she should be removed immediately from the show. She just won't cut it"
Most of them will be wondering what the fook is "Points of View"...Cupid Stunts...

It was and Davis was the biggest culprit for slowing the game down,I've always been a Davies fan but age has caught up with him,also I think we played 4 of those short corners and got no where,not a fan of them at all.
This place is a lunatic asylum. There is some mad shit in this match thread but this is the final straw if madness.

SD cruised that tonight

Back