“The Night Before”

Live-It-Up

Anyone got any night before the old firm traditions?

The night before for me is:

1) Watch clips of us thumping the scum.
2) Get an Indian.
3) Sink a few beers or 10 to calm the nerves & help me sleep.

The following morning my arse collapses, the curry comes out from the night before and then its just a nervy wait until kick off...

Hopefully slide a gallon down later. Sleep well.
Tomorrow i'll wake up early, realise what is ahead. Go shops, get organised. Try to read paper but become a jibbering wreck. Knot in stomach etc, right up until final whistle.
I'd take a draw right now.
C'mon the Gers.

I'm in Sicily at the minute, but I've never felt so sanguine about a game (I'll be in Mount Etna when the games on). We've beaten PSV deservedly in Eindhoven, why would we worry about the Nonces at the Piggery?
Had to google sanguine there, thought you were in with the local speak in Sicily and it was a type of pasta. I’m never sanguine about an old firm, its a war until the end.

I'm in Sicily at the minute, but I've never felt so sanguine about a game (I'll be in Mount Etna when the games on). We've beaten PSV deservedly in Eindhoven, why would we worry about the Nonces at the Piggery?
Not worried/but these kunts are officiated to a totally different standard to our other opponents which makes the task a ‘tad’ more challenging!

Might have a few tonight but don’t wanna be too rough tomorrow, because I plan on starting early then

Twas the night before Old Firm, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that the 3 points soon would be there.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and sang them the sash.

2) Get an Indian.

The following morning my arse collapses, the curry comes out from the night before and then its just a nervy wait until kick off...
I usually get wrecked

Bowmore 18 year old was me and my dad's 55 trophy day whisky. Auld yin isn't a whisky man at all, he was fucking paralytic.

The problem, for me anyway, is that a nice single malt is so easy to drink.

I can be half a bottle down before I know it, the reason I only buy it occasionally :))

Afternoon before for me, back home rat arsed and a few beers as we speak. Be asleep by 8 - 9 pm. Early rise tomorrow and will be right up for a rangers victory.

I have been caning it a bit too much recently and have a couple of big nights out the next couple of Fridays. Gazza and Laudrup next Friday, work night the following. Wife (no pics) is going mad after I pulled an all-dayer Wednesday so a quiet night for me tonight. Been out for pizza but just gonna watch the box and chill for once.

A couple of glasses of Woodford Reserve Bourbon
A nice cigar out the humidor
Laudrup DVD
History of Rangers DVD

Up early then cans until I can't string a sentence together.

I've barely gave tomorrow a second thought tbh. Been far too much other stuff going on recently. Feels like it's just crept up on us

Doesn't feel like normal. Working tomorrow. New gaffer and wouldn't give me it off (hes one of them). Will likely miss kick off and probably most of the 1st half!

Having a few beers tonight, but nothing mental, been a busy week at work, so will probably crash and burn around 10:30pm.
Up early tomorrow, dog out, back, bit of brekkie and sit and fret until kick off time.
Just f.ucking do this, Rangers.

Pulled the mattress in to the living room after dinner there and just finishing downloading The Last Of Us. Play that tonight to keep my mind off the fact I will be on and off the pan from 7am till 12pm tomorrow.

Fvckin inty these dogs tomorrow

2) Get an Indian.

Sounds like fun,remind me not to try it.
Only joking of course,I'll miss the first half hour or so as I'm working unfortunately but it's nerve-wracking.
Enjoy your day mate and I hope your team wins :cool:

Back