“The Night Before”

Not over confident about tomorrow but not worried either, it’s strange. They will be confident after thrashing Scottish teams. We have played higher level opponents already and showed up well. If Glen and Lunny play well we should be ok.

I'm in Sicily at the minute, but I've never felt so sanguine about a game (I'll be in Mount Etna when the games on). We've beaten PSV deservedly in Eindhoven, why would we worry about the Nonces at the Piggery?
You'll be Mounting Edna when the game's on?
Get your priorities sorted man!
;)

It’s been on the back (and front) of my mind all week. Singing a few loyalist tunes to myself tonight. Tomorrow a round of golf early and then let the show begin. Always optimistic. We are the f@cking people after all!

Watching us win on YouTube.

Watching some ‘industrial’ challenges on them via Twitter (see below - turn volume down) and YouTube.

Have tunes blaring all day.
I was quite calm, enjoying a few beers and chilling out in the garage, until I watched those.
Now the battle fever is on and I want them ended. Permanently.
Tunes on now! :)

A nice wee 30 min jog on the treadmill to relax the nerves a bit.

Bath and chill the rest of the night.

Smash the gym tomorrow morning and then it’s battle fever on.

My normal pre OF ritual of intense self medication will have to be abandoned.
Mrs Cutlass is having hip replacement surgery tomorrow so it's a sober night tonight, 6am rise to take her to hospital but after I've dropped her off I'll manage to get home to watch the game.
Win, lose or draw I'll need to behave post match as I'm expected to go and visit her in the evening and it really wouldn't go down well if I turned up on the ward pished, with my birdie hanging out singing Follow Follow!
:D

Quiet tonight, then do the parkrun in the morning.

Home for a quick change, then off to the local supporters club.

Couple of haufs pre dinner tonight. Nae drink till after the game tomorrow. If we win I’ll be pished celebrating. If we loose pished feeling sorry for myself

Imagine how good the night before would be if we were a normal league and only had two league games against them with them meaning much more points wise.

Called Bing a wee fanny when my daughter burst into tears that i had put on the highlights of the SC Final on YouTube. Wife banishes me to the kitchen where i have based myself with bottles of Santa Clara and an Ipad. Can still hear Bing on on the livingroom. He is definitely one of that lot.

• Haha
Reactions: TN8
Very quiet tonight, out early tomorrow so want to save myself.

I’ll be an utter shambles by mid afternoon B-)

I'm in Sicily at the minute, but I've never felt so sanguine about a game (I'll be in Mount Etna when the games on). We've beaten PSV deservedly in Eindhoven, why would we worry about the Nonces at the Piggery?
Where is the “ where to watch the game in a volcano”thread? :cool:
Missed opportunity MVB:))

Anyone got any night before the old firm traditions?

The night before for me is:

1) Watch clips of us thumping the scum.
2) Get an Indian.
3) Sink a few beers or 10 to calm the nerves & help me sleep.

The following morning my arse collapses, the curry comes out from the night before and then its just a nervy wait until kick off...
Word for word.

Except cider for breakfast for away games.

A couple of beers, watching tv, early night, early rise full of beans, try and do a 10k early to burn off some nervous energy.

Anyone got any night before the old firm traditions?

The night before for me is:

1) Watch clips of us thumping the scum.
2) Get an Indian.
3) Sink a few beers or 10 to calm the nerves & help me sleep.

The following morning my arse collapses, the curry comes out from the night before and then its just a nervy wait until kick off...
Your Mrs is a lucky lady

Usually a good drink watch old firm victories til the early hours fire some tunes on til bed then wake up still drunk and ready to go.

very quiet tonight as my 77 year old wife has just died and even with dementia she said a day ago that under no circumstance was I to miss this game , she knew me real well and knew how important THE RANGERS were in my life, so go to it men and do us proud and put the scum in their place, my family are around me and are a great support in truly we are the people RIP my love

Watching Rangers videos.. tonight I came across a joke and for some reason I was creasing my self

I bumped in to a Celtic fan with one shoe on, I said " you have lost one shoe you stupid lady's front bottom" He said " No I've not, I've found one"

Watching Rangers videos.. tonight I came across a joke and for some reason I was creasing my self

I bumped in to a Celtic fan with one shoe on, I said " you have lost one shoe you stupid lady's front bottom" He said " No I've not, I've found one"
Hope it was a left footed shoe

15933-AB6-D74-C-4-EE2-9-D68-6-A26-A36-A96-BB.jpg

I have that cortex feeling, (I'm not a doctor of any sort). We can overcome the mindset of half this forum and our trusted players can do what they can do.

very quiet tonight as my 77 year old wife has just died and even with dementia she said a day ago that under no circumstance was I to miss this game , she knew me real well and knew how important THE RANGERS were in my life, so go to it men and do us proud and put the scum in their place, my family are around me and are a great support in truly we are the people RIP my love

Sorry for your loss mate.

Kids staying tonight so a quiet one, take them to their classes in morning so hopefully home in time to see most of first half.

I've taken to giving myself a pep talk before big games. Don't take it so bad if we lose, its only a game, don't let it ruin your weekend etc.

Makes no difference though cos the result will determine my mood for the next few days.

All the best to you and yours, an illness I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Called Bing a wee fanny when my daughter burst into tears that i had put on the highlights of the SC Final on YouTube. Wife banishes me to the kitchen where i have based myself with bottles of Santa Clara and an Ipad. Can still hear Bing on on the livingroom. He is definitely one of that lot.
How old is your daughter?

I hope you're feeling OK tonight BR.

I also hope we give you a reason to smile like f*ck tomorrow.

Beers, tonic and extras purchased and ready to go.

Quiet one tonight.

8am start tunes on.

Pump them in their own midden.

Cigars and more tunes.

Done.

I f=cking love Bing

‘‘Twas the night before Ceptic
And all through the house
Everyone was singing
Even the mouse

With Ulster Scot on Alexa
And beer in the glass
We settled down
We know tomorrow will be class

My eldest is moving into her university accommodation tomorrow but we are taking a break to watch it in Edinburgh. I’ve not watched in mixed company for a very long time used to have a habit of rolling about the ground with them. I’ve been warned to be on my best behaviour lol.
Tell her to watch out and avoid the so-called "Edinburgh Uni celtic supporter's club" trying to recruit at the Fresher's Fair (she'll be able to smell them from the other side of the hall no doubt anyway)

Back