Napoli Away?

Marshall Travel are re-evaluating the day trip charter on 26th Oct due to today’s announcement anyone booked so far will be contacted tomorrow once discussions have been made

We too are disappointed

A regular since 1995. Was maximum Travel Club points before it was disbanded.

high gold now

Only done every trip except Alashkert away and Dortmund away since we came back up

how about you ?

Read above.

It is currently £23.99 Edinburgh to Pisa on the Sunday, would’ve got it way cheaper when the draw was made.

I went to USG game via Pisa and returned from Ajax on Thursday night via Pisa, both booked last minute both around £20
Aye it's £23.99 because it's Sunday, the match is on Wednesday, not everyone has the annual leave or funds for a fuckin tour of Italy.

Take yer head out your arse.

Firstly why would anyone go to Pisa when it's 5 and a half hours away?
Secondly why would anyone fly there on the Sunday?
Thirdly were you at Malmo and Prague? I don't think I seen you.

It’s 4 hours on the train. I don’t mind travelling. I was about the same on the Glassy bus Hamburg to Billund. Its a 5 hour drive for me to get to Ross County.

I wasn’t in Malmö as UK citizens weren’t allowed to travel at that time. I was however in Prague. PM me your email address and I’ll send you a copy of my tickets. My ticket GLA to STN was £20, my STN to PRG was 259 ckz or £9.15

It’s 4 hours on the train. I don’t mind travelling. I was about the same on the Glassy bus Hamburg to Billund. Its a 5 hour drive for me to get to Ross County.

I wasn’t in Malmö as UK citizens weren’t allowed to travel at that time. I was however in Prague. PM me your email address and I’ll send you a copy of my tickets. My ticket GLA to STN was £20, my STN to PRG was 259 ckz or £9.15
Your having a stinker today mate.

I was in Prague and got return flights from Edinburgh for £40.

You know the reason? There was no away fans allowed.

Aye it's £23.99 because it's Sunday, the match is on Wednesday, not everyone has the annual leave or funds for a fuckin tour of Italy.

Take yer head out your arse.
This reminds me of a lad I knew who used to want us flying from Stansted at 7am to places as it was £40 odd cheaper than Glasgow or Manc, didn't seem to grasp we had to get to Stansted and would be bloody knackered if we went down through the night.

What a real shame but what can the club do about this. Feel for fans that forked out money and will be out of pocket.

This reminds me of a lad I knew who used to want us flying from Stansted at 7am to places as it was £40 odd cheaper than Glasgow or Manc, didn't seem to grasp we had to get to Stansted and would be bloody knackered if we went down through the night.
Me and @OohAhHuistra got the megabus to London Victoria then a bus from there to Stansted for Braga away, I promised myself never again, my back is still recovering.

Tbf seems like you do find good deals for flights etc but it's clearly not the case that people spent 9.99 for them, hence why people didn't like how you said it. Plus the arrangement and travel etc for the flights you mentioned aren't the most convenient. Still good but won't suit everyone.

I have no idea what you are getting at here mate.

This started with the suggestion that Rangers rolled over and were happy with the decision on no travelling fans. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that is/was the case. Nothing at all. It is/was a cheap shot based on bugger all.

To be clear, I too think it's a daft outcome, but the cheap shot at the Club is unnecessary.

The lack of acknowledgment to the fans and the significant expense they will have incurred now, that’s where it stems from.

I suspect, like previously, they’ll have done little or nothing to fight the corner of our fans. They have previous for that.

However, as you say, that can only be assumed.

What should have happened, is the additional paragraph stating, we have tried every possible avenue and continue to do so, to limit the impact on our loyal support. We will follow up with further information as we work with uefa on a satisfactory resolution.

The fact we weren’t even mentioned would tell you where the majority of the room are at with the board, hence the many, rightly justified, pot shots.

Outside of this issue, the lack of board awareness and the connections to the fans is at a real low point. Amateur comms, poor engagement and refusal to engage are just outputs from last week alone, but they point to a break in the relationship.

With that, they open themselves up to all manners of criticism.

We all like the cheap flights but sometimes it's a false economy the cheaper ones you see that jump out at you first.

£40 train to Manchester, £60 flight to London or even the £30 flight to Stansted but needing to book a hotel at £70 as the flights the next morning.

The one that catches me out all the time is the cheap flight going out from Edinburgh early in the morning (£25-£40 quid in taxi into town depending on if my mate can take me, £15 airport bus from Buchanan street to Airport) - that cheap flight out is now £40-£55 dearer.
Aye they are ok if you live next to the bloody Airport!

The lack of acknowledgment to the fans and the significant expense they will have incurred now, that’s where it stems from.

I suspect, like previously, they’ll have done little or nothing to fight the corner of our fans. They have previous for that.

However, as you say, that can only be assumed.

What should have happened, is the additional paragraph stating, we have tried every possible avenue and continue to do so, to limit the impact on our loyal support. We will follow up with further information as we work with uefa on a satisfactory resolution.

The fact we weren’t even mentioned would tell you where the majority of the room are at with the board, hence the many, rightly justified, pot shots.

Outside of this issue, the lack of board awareness and the connections to the fans is at a real low point. Amateur comms, poor engagement and refusal to engage are just outputs from last week alone, but they point to a break in the relationship.

With that, they open themselves up to all manners of criticism.
It is an assumption though. That is why it is unnecessary. Worth noting also that the Napoli statement, to date at least, simply mentions refunding match ticket costs for fans who were travelling. Nothing more. No apologies, no 'we fought your corner' etc. Simply the English (sic) Government said 'No'. The two clubs have been directed by UEFA that this is how it's to be and are probably - there's that assumption again, this time from me;) - both a bit unhappy.

It's a shitter of a decision for both sets of fans but the rush to condemn our Club as a result is unwarranted. That is all I am saying. Those who end up out of pocket have my every sympathy.

Last edited:
I feel for Napoli supporters who have also been shafted with this btw, but obviously there's a good reason why we can't give them an allocation.

Is there a genuine reason why we shouldn't have an allocation in Naples? UEFA have just made it 10x more dangerous for anyone still travelling, and there's going to be an away section lying empty, football fans in being treated like scumbags shocker once again.

Few of us have contacted FSE, they were great last season with Lyon away, hopefully they can help out this time too.

I feel for Napoli supporters who have also been shafted with this btw, but obviously there's a good reason why we can't give them an allocation.

Is there a genuine reason why we shouldn't have an allocation in Naples? UEFA have just made it 10x more dangerous for anyone still travelling, and there's going to be an away section lying empty, football fans in being treated like scumbags shocker once again.

Few of us have contacted FSE, they were great last season with Lyon away, hopefully they can help out this time too.
Don’t laugh now, but sporting integrity.

So vice versa - If the Italian Premier had passed and the away game was moved to Thursday and no away support allowed, the last thing I’d expect our club to do is argue no away support for the Ibrox game. I genuinely wouldn’t, Napoli have definitely leaned on Uefa here, cunts

It is an assumption though. That is why it is unnecessary. Worth noting also that the Napoli statement, to date at least, simply mentions refunding match ticket costs for fans who were travelling. Nothing more. No apologies, no 'we fought your corner' etc. Simply the English (sic) Government said 'No'. The two clubs have been directed by UEFA that this is how it's to be and are probably - there's that assumption again, this time from me;) - both a bit unhappy.

It's a shitter of a decision for both sets of fans but the rush to condemn our Club as a result is unwarranted. That is all I am saying. Those who end up out of pocket have my every sympathy.
You do know you’re allowed to criticise the club from time to time? The board have done plenty in recent years to indicate they couldn’t really care about the travelling away support. Which you would know about if you were personally affected.

Bet the club didn’t even try to fight our corner for the fans, load of shit
And what exactly do you expect the club to do to 'fight our corner' bud ?
Save your ire for UEFA. There is no way that Rangers FC would even have been consulted on this decision.
This is UEFA at their high handed, dictatorial worst.

And what exactly do you expect the club to do to 'fight our corner' bud ?
Save your ire for UEFA. There is no way that Rangers FC would even have been consulted on this decision.
This is UEFA at their high handed, dictatorial worst.
Perhaps fight our corner the same way FSE done for Lyon last season? Or perhaps even acknowledge the supporters who already booked up?

All the club seen was extra £ from selling the away end to Rangers supporters, also saves them the hassle of trying to sort a new travel partner before the world cup.

You do know you’re allowed to criticise the club from time to time? The board have done plenty in recent years to indicate they couldn’t really care about the travelling away support. Which you would know about if you were personally affected.
I'm happy to criticise when I think it merited. The Board have got a few things wrong in recent times and their communication is poor. The Ticketing portal is a shambles. My involvement in this thread began when it was stated that the Club were probably happy with this decision and wouldn't have fought against it. There is nothing at all to support that assertion.

Did you read the Napoli's statement? Is it full of regret and apologies to fans? Does it state that Napoli fought their fans corner? It doesn't. It would appear that the Govt (UK or Scottish I don't know) made the decision on no Napoli fans and that UEFA, as a result, felt it inappropriate to permit Rangers fans at the reverse fixture. I think that decision unfair. My first thought certainly wasn't that 'Rangers would be happy' with it.

You are correct I'm not personally affected. I've already stated I have sympathy for those who are. Including you, if it applies.

With that news and how raging it’s got me might just go and take the stabbing, anybody know a good insurance company for the pay out if I survive?

I'm happy to criticise when I think it merited. The Board have got a few things wrong in recent times and their communication is poor. The Ticketing portal is a shambles. My involvement in this thread began when it was stated that the Club were probably happy with this decision and wouldn't have fought against it. There is nothing at all to support that assertion.

Did you read the Napoli's statement? Is it full of regret and apologies to fans? Does it state that Napoli fought their fans corner? It doesn't. It would appear that the Govt (UK or Scottish I don't know) made the decision on no Napoli fans and that UEFA, as a result, felt it inappropriate to permit Rangers fans at the reverse fixture. I think that decision unfair. My first thought certainly wasn't that 'Rangers would be happy' with it.

You are correct I'm not personally affected. I've already stated I have sympathy for those who are. Including you, if it applies.
There is also nothing to support your assumptions.

Sometimes the club says a lot when they choose not to say anything. I don’t think scepticism of the club is unfair at all based on the large number of screw ups that have affected travelling away fans in recent years. Folk are quite rightly scunnered.

Maybe the clubs will lobby uefa nearer the time. Let's be honest 1 to 2k of our fans isn't going to make much difference to the outcome.

Be interesting if those out of pocket will be given Liverpool tickets given many of us actually won’t even get a refund the way fans did from CTM

I fail to see how the club can fully refund those missing out on Ajax as well as 15 points and a guaranteed brief for Liverpool, and not apply the same to those booked up for Napoli (except we won’t get a refund) but points and a guaranteed Liverpool ticket should be under consideration to ensure consistency

@Greg Marshall

Back