MOTM Poll Rangers v Napoli - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alfie had a good couple of half chances that if he had been playing and getting match fit I'd fancy him to score one of them

Much much better performance, showed some fight and spirit and unlucky not to get a goal or 2, Napoli are a quality side and it was always going to be too much to ask with 10 men. No complaints about this performance for me.

Something to build on, finally. Some players aren’t at our level though our defence isn’t good enough but thank %^*& for McGregor.

We are miles off this level when you look at the hard facts, yes we played ok in parts,but they are physically stronger fitter sad faster.. I know I'm going over old ground, but we bought early n it's came back to haunt us, Kents looks less than half the player he should be our midfield of Jack and arfield are finished sands is a disaster waiting to happen .
This is a step up to far.. can't even see us getting 3rd

Would that be the experiment whereby a midfielder is shoehorned in as a centre back because one defender Souttar, a guy with well documented injury problems before we signed him is injured? And the other out for a variety of reasons?

You call it an experiment, I call it something different.

Yeah the same experiment where we brought on an actual fit CB in the 2nd half against Ajax where we looked much more secure. In fact the same fit CH that came on tonight when Sands got his marching orders.

I don't agree. They scored from the rebound from an player that was encroaching, so both players committed offences and then it's a matter of did so first.
Fair point!

EDIT: just checked the laws. If the penalty was retaken because AM had stepped off his line, then the ref would have had to book him. He didn't, so that wasn't why the penalty was retaken. Seems to have been because the ref thought that Tav also had encroached.....

Last edited:
Champions league football for all but it's initial season has been shite for us , if it wasn't for them getting all the money if we're not there, I could live without it

Yes, I will be annoyed we got nothing out this game but ,tonight, our club and fans and the Union Bears have did us proud and the respect we showed our beloved Queen was class. It was so moving and that is something that nobody can every take away from us and our support...Class.

10 goals conceded in 3 games with none scored. For a defensive minded coach his teams are wo foul at the key aspect

Gio can leave after this

Three defeats in a row with no goals scored.

It’s going to be a long season.

Many new signings not making any impression at all.

Having to rely on old timers in goals and midfield.

We have got it seriously wrong in the transfer market.

I don't blame Sands for the penalty. He's a midfielder trying to cover as a central defender. He makes clumsy tackles. He made a clumsy tackle from behind that was a clear foul. Lundstram is doing the right thing in trying to pressure the Napoli player to go wider and to make it a sharper angle for the shot. Sands doesnt need to make the challenge and should be running in to the space where Lundstram has been, so that he's in position to clear any rebound that McGregor might give up from what would have been a first save.

It's not Sands fault that he's playing out of his preferred position because our alternatives are injured, unless we throw King in there as our preferred starting centre half. It's on Wilson and the club for signing 2 centre half options over the summer, neither of whom are fit.

Barasic needs to keep his arm down. He can't have his arm there, doing his best "Rosie the riveter" impression. Another clear penalty.

But this is night and day better than the Celtic game in terms of application. Work rate is there. Commitment is there. Play like that against domestic opponents and we're in a far better place in the league. We're doing well in cup competitions. We can turn it on tonight and so why did we struggle in the SPFL against Celtic?

Need to deal with the negatives from tonight - there are negatives.

But we also have a chance to build on the positives - there are positives.

When we went down to 10 men I felt it was only a matter of time before they got in front.
Since then it was looking like we would need a miracle to take anything from the match.

Back