Davies
Barisic

Sands
Lundstram

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Heart says we’ll sneak it but head says we’ll lose 2-0. As long as we see a bit of fight and passion along with an improved performance then getting beat isn’t the end of the world. However we need to see some sort of improvement.

It’s borderline negligence that we never signed a good keeper, big Jon, great guy that he is, is never a Rangers no.1 in a million years.

Shagger is a good back up keeper who should have been utilised in some cup ties, but we had to sign a keeper and now it’s bitten us on the arse.

I’d go with:

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Sands
Lundstram

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Heart says we’ll sneak it but head says we’ll lose 2-0. As long as we see a bit of fight and passion along with an improved performance then getting beat isn’t the end of the world. However we need to see some sort of improvement.
Would like to see Lundstram playing a little more advanced than Sands. Driving us forward from deep than the usual horse shoe

If McLaughlin is being hooked for a poor recent performance then we better ask Napoli if we can play the match 5-a-side.

Two other "pick the team" threads have now been locked. A bit surprising as picking the team is a FF staple. For the poster and the four likes on one of the other threads who suggested Kamara as the 10 bringing that creative force I would genuinely ask what have you seen in him that makes you think he can play that role? He can be great further back keeping it neat and tidy but driving on with the ball or ahead of the ball is not in his game (imho of course).

I’d go with:

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Sands
Lundstram

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

This Napoli team have quick players all over the pitch for that reason Tillman and colak would be on the bench for me as the game would pass the by as the look to be towing a caravan at times

If McLaughlin is being hooked for a poor recent performance then we better ask Napoli if we can play the match 5-a-side.

Two other "pick the team" threads have now been locked. A bit surprising as picking the team is a FF staple. For the poster and the four likes on one of the other threads who suggested Kamara as the 10 bringing that creative force I would genuinely ask what have you seen in him that makes you think he can play that role? He can be great further back keeping it neat and tidy but driving on with the ball or ahead of the ball is not in his game (imho of course).
Kamara playing deep is his worst position for me each to there own I guess, playing further forward he was immense in the later stages of the europa last season.

I’d go with:

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Sands
Lundstram

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

I wouldn’t rule us out yet, we are a totally different animal at home, especially in Europe, wouldn’t put it past us to get a draw or even sneak a win, though it’s a big ask.

Not an easy one to put a positive spin on, given how well Napoli took Liverpool apart and how terrible we were against the Filth and Ajax.

But we’ve got to have some belief, otherwise what’s the point in being a supporter. Form matters hugely, but not always

You should know by now, that once the Match Thread is up, all other threads regarding team selection, score etc get locked. It's not a new thing, hell, it's been on the go for more years than you have been a member,

They looked class against Liverpool, can’t see anything other than a 3rd pumping in a row if I’m going with my head.

If Tav is carrying an injury it would be madness to play him up against Kvaratskhelia he ripped Trent and Liverpool to bits.

Be happy with any positive result or at least a performance.

He put out a performance at Parkhead that should really finish his Rangers career.

Was in favour of him taking the jersey this season as he'd earned his chance, but no Rangers keeper should perform like that against them.
That was probably the reason we didn’t prioritise signing a goalkeeper.
Perhaps it didn’t work out that way but I’m not convinced everybody who now says they saw this coming were so definite last May.

That was probably the reason we didn’t prioritise signing a goalkeeper.
Perhaps it didn’t work out that way but I’m not convinced everybody who now says they saw this coming were so definite last May.

I think many, myself included looked at the semi final performance and thought he'd be good for our passing out from the back game plan.

Shows what I know.

Will be unable to attend in person due to nightshift but will be watching on tv. Come on Rangers, turn this around and get a result

The only thing that I ask about tomorrows game is that I don't see another gutless display that we have seen in the last two games. We all know that the players have the game in them to offer a better display and with our backing, I hope we can bring this out in them. Get It Done Rangers!

I would really like to see Morelos and Colak start, probably not the game to try it out but we’ve been hopeless up to now anyway. Morelos will do all the hard dirty work that Colak doesn’t provide. I’d even drop Kent to the bench to accommodate.

First time in a Very,very long time I'm not at all confident of getting a result of any sort in Europe. I'm Hanging on the Hope the Crowd Can Drive us on. Which is sad in a way. Got a horrible feeling we're going to get a gubbin. A 1 or 2 nil reverse, even though I'd hate like hell, i can take as long as we show a helluva lot more FIGHT than the last two games. No score prediction on this one only...........C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!

Going on holiday first thing in the morning.
Does anyone know which BT Sport (Virgin) channel the game is so I can record it.
I can't see it anywhere.
Sport 3 says it's Chelsea

Edit:Found it

Last edited:
Only hope I give us if Morelos starts. Just can't see what midfield we can put out that can hurt them.

If we stick on 3 or 4 defensive midfielders then forget it, as that Napoli team will cut you to ribbons

If we can come away without a real hiding and actually show effort and desire it'll be acceptable.

Jack should be nowhere near the team hes been miles off it n doesn't look anywhere near fit.
Whole team is unfit mate including Lundstram and kamara so we are screwed whoever plays in there but i would prefer to give jack a run

Morelos starting is essential to give us a chance here. Judging by Gio’s comments today I think that’s possible.

The three teams in this group are a mile ahead of us. We are right up against it but we are entitled to expect a big improvement on last week

I just hope we are a hell of a lot more competitive than we were against Ajax and Celtic. Need to show some fight!

Back