Davies and Yilmaz - What do we reckon then ?

SDF

For neither to not get any minutes in the last three games is something I'll never understand

Can anyone see Gio chucking Davies in at Tynecastle ahead of the Anfield trip ? Surely he has to.

Are we really going to ask an 18 year old to deal with Salah, Nunez and Diaz ?

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around spending the guts of £9m on them and the manager is point blank refusing to give them even a sniff.

Davies is a very average centre half so I can understand why he isn’t playing.

Spurs and Frankfurt wanted Yilmaz and he has experience at a high level, clear qualities we lack such as decent pace and direct around the box.

Barisic over Yilmaz in the long term is a sacking offence, there’s no case you can make to justify that.

Could be a few things.

Could be a message to Wilson.

Attitude in training may be poor.

For Yilmaz, Barisic has been decent and arguably can’t be dropped.

I’m probably more concerned with the tragedy/comedy that is our right wing position.

Borna's been alright TBF but he's still been part of a back four that lost eleven goals in three games.

If we had changed it up, I don't think it would've been harsh.

Separate issue entirely but fuc.k it, put King in.

It could be the making of him-it certainly won’t be the end of him regardless of how many they score.

Borna has responded to the challenge - and it’s arguable he deserves to keep his place.

No idea about Davies.

With such a limited budget, it’s frightening the money we’ve committed in fees and contracts.

We’ll likely end up flogging Ridvan back to Turkey in a discount deal while Davies bleeds is dry for 3 years…

I don't think the board or management have a clue what they're doing. Why he's not playing Davies I'll never know. Yilmaz would have been better at another club where his skill and ability isn't wasted sitting on a bench every game. Shambles.

Something isn’t right that’s for sure.

Are we in a situation where we have a DoF buying players that the manager/coach has no say in? If so that’s a farce.

If Gio has said yes and now isn’t playing them, that’s even worse.

I said in another thread would it have done any harm to put Yilmaz on for Kent today?

Yes he's a full back by trade but one who's currently better at attacking than defending so what's the harm in sticking him out there to provide a bit of cover for Borna while still offering a threat going forward.

Gio seems to have some strong opinions about too many players in this squad as some are getting more minutes than they deserve while others can't get a look at all

Borna's been alright TBF but he's still been part of a back four that lost eleven goals in three games.

This notion that because he’s been half-decent that it would somehow be a poor show to drop him is faintly ridiculous for me.

I like him but he’s shown (multiple times btw) that it would be foolish to hang your hat on him.
We don’t owe him anything.

His delivery has at times looked like our only way of scoring, or even creating a chance.

I don’t think he’s been great personally, just better than most.

Spurs and Frankfurt wanted Yilmaz and he has experience at a high level, clear qualities we lack such as decent pace and direct around the box.

Barisic over Yilmaz in the long term is a sacking offence, there’s no case you can make to justify that.
How often have you saw Yilmaz play out of interest?

Could be a few things.

Could be a message to Wilson.

Attitude in training may be poor.

For Yilmaz, Barisic has been decent and arguably can’t be dropped.

I’m probably more concerned with the tragedy/comedy that is our right wing position.
The manager and DOF are supposed to work in tandem. If that’s where we are - the manager fucking up our season as a message to the DOF then surely one of them has to go, or both in an ideal world.

Hasn't there been about a thread a day on his very subject?

Ie why sign them, why never playing and what the feck is going on with our manager and Wilson?

And the board are like fucking dummies while we are at it.

No communication apart from stupid surveys and take take take cash wise only to see it handed to Wilson / Gio who seem to live in different universes.

We can't sack everycunt but changes needed throughout

Davies I have no idea, all the rumours about personal life, injuries etc. If he's on the bench that means he can play, so for the money we spent he should be playing.

Yilmaz? Absolutely no offence to the boy but he looks about 7 stone soaking wet. He needs to bulk up for Scottish football.

Barisic has been one of our better players but surely Yilmaz should be getting more minutes.

There is something not right with the Davies situation. He should have played today to get minutes ahead of Hearts and Liverpool. Presumably he will now play King at Anfield. Similar to Ramsey, I think he was a Wilson signing GVB didn’t want

And surely the board themselves must be close to sitting Gio and Wilson down to ask why the £9m they’ve coughed up has been used to buy 2 players the manager seemingly doesn’t want to play. It’s all starting to feel a bit banter years.

We have only seen Yilmaz in 2 starts so far. One was average at best and the second he looked decent but done nothing in the second half.

Barasic has been one of our better players this season and again assisted the winning goal today.

I don’t understand why he isn’t getting any minutes whatsoever but I understand why he’s not starting ahead of Barasic

For neither to not get any minutes in the last three games is something I'll never understand

Can anyone see Gio chucking Davies in at Tynecastle ahead of the Anfield trip ? Surely he has to.

Are we really going to ask an 18 year old to deal with Salah, Nunez and Diaz ?

I genuinely cannot wrap my head around spending the guts of £9m on them and the manager is point blank refusing to give them even a sniff.
People saying Yilmaz is project etc we shouldn’t be spending that amount of money on a project we needed players for the first team.

Have you watched any games this season?? What have you seen from Yilmaz that you think would be a better option than barasics form this season??

How are you coming to that conclusion?

We have only seen Yilmaz in 2 starts so far. One was average at best and the second he looked decent but done nothing in the second half.

Barasic has been one of our better players this season and again assisted the winning goal today.

I don’t understand why he isn’t getting any minutes whatsoever but I understand why he’s not starting ahead of Barasic
Short term absolutely by long term I mean if this lasts over a season or two.

It’s similar to your concerns with Morelos, someone else can start but no game time at all ever is just damaging.

I think it's asking an awful lot of a kid to face down that Liverpool team when we are realistically looking at a tanking.

I think I’d genuinely be more concerned about Davies(not exactly the most robust player) in a physical must win match at Tynecastle.

Does he think that they aren’t ready? I can’t see that.

I’m seriously beginning to doubt whether or not he signed them. And if that is true, it’s a sorry state of affairs.

There is a strange malaise. Lack of sharpness or possibly fitness. The players don’t look happy in their work.

That’s before you look at what they are doing in terms of the style of play. Lethargy when tracking runners. How can Dundee United spray balls to players in acres of space?

Something is seriously amiss.

If spurs “wanted” Yilmaz he’d be at spurs and not us, especially when fee was only £3m. They scouted him, that’s all

Experience at a high level? He has one season in a poor league and one CL group appearance where they lost 4-0. If that’s high level, Borna has the CV of a superstar.

A face off between the manager and Wilson that's for sure. Ludicrous and unacceptable state of affairs which needs resolved before we come back after the break.

Short term absolutely by long term I mean if this lasts over a season or two.

It’s similar to your concerns with Morelos, someone else can start but no game time at all ever is just damaging.
Oh yeah I agree long term. He does look to have something about him going from snippets in his second game for us and YT videos etc.

He should have been on today. Gio needs to start using the 5 subs to keep fresh legs on the pitch. We look so unfit this season

Davies is still shaking off an injury. Gio has said as much. Twice. I thought it would have been obvious.

Yilmaz is a young lad trying to settle in a new culture both professionally and personally. Borna is also doing ok. Not fantastic but ok.

Back