Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

What in the name of f uck is an "edgelord?"

I've seen it popping up all over FF today.
Already it's fucking annoying me.

Next prick to use it is getting a boot in the chuckies.
Edgelord is a great word and I am happy to see it’s emergence on FF. It’s definitely one for “the kidz”, though. They use it as a piss-take for each other, or indeed, themselves. One of pigeon-junior’s favorite 3-chord thrashes:

B-D

hdfcnefykno91.jpg

Flange was asked to speak into the microphone at his pre game press conference by the interpreter. He got annoyed by this but didn't say anything just sat with a face like thunder.

The interpreter was translating into three languages English, Polish and Ukrainian so took time. After the game last night he was asked again to speak into the microphone the reaction this time was different the mask slipped.

Bluto is clearly there to be got at. If an interpreter can rile him up, then it’s up to Rangers to send the fat bastard into a meltdown for the ages.

Ahh, the strip again...

CORKCELT on 18TH SEPTEMBER 2022 7:52 PM
Strip didn’t cost us the game but it looked shite,

Whoever decided to use it against St. Mirren with both teams in black shorts. St, Mirren Black & White Stripes & Celtic in Grey should have his/her head examined,

It certainly spoiled m enjoyment of watching the game on Telly & that was from the start before a goal was scored.

Ferguson ditched the Man United grey strip reckoning playing fast football the brain would pick a pass to a teammate with a clear cut recognizable colour a mili second faster than one with a drab coloured shirt..

Personally I hope I never see Celtic play in that poxy strip ever again.

I had a look at both goals and I can’t see anything var would have a problem with. Second goal the StMirren player simply out jumps the Celtic defender. Both good goals. You could even say Hart has biscuit fingers for the first goal.
Goal scorer was offside, well his foot was.

Makes it even sweeter knowing VAR probably disallow it seeing as we have been shafted many times due to lack of VAR.

Ahh, the strip again...

CORKCELT on 18TH SEPTEMBER 2022 7:52 PM
Strip didn’t cost us the game but it looked shite,

Whoever decided to use it against St. Mirren with both teams in black shorts. St, Mirren Black & White Stripes & Celtic in Grey should have his/her head examined,

It certainly spoiled m enjoyment of watching the game on Telly & that was from the start before a goal was scored.

Ferguson ditched the Man United grey strip reckoning playing fast football the brain would pick a pass to a teammate with a clear cut recognizable colour a mili second faster than one with a drab coloured shirt..

Personally I hope I never see Celtic play in that poxy strip ever again.
Green and grey is poxy too !

Makes it even sweeter knowing VAR probably disallow it seeing as we have been shafted many times due to lack of VAR.
The header to the goal scorer looks like it was played directly across the goal, or slightly backwards, which would mean VAR would not rule it out. Ignoring the Scotland effect, obviously.

The header to the goal scorer looks like it was played directly across the goal, or slightly backwards, which would mean VAR would not rule it out. Ignoring the Scotland effect, obviously.
Doesn’t matter if the ball goes forward, backward or sideways. If the player is in an offside position then he’s offside. The only thing that would stop him being offside is if he was behind the line of the ball but he wasn’t.

This is something I and many others used to get mixed up with, I used to think the ball had to be played forwards but it doesn’t.

Doesn’t matter if the ball goes forward, backward or sideways. If the player is in an offside position then he’s offside. The only thing that would stop him being offside is if he was behind the line of the ball but he wasn’t.

This is something I and many others used to get mixed up with, I used to think the ball had to be played forwards but it doesn’t.
The guy heading it is further advanced than the goal scorer, just, and the ball travels slightly backwards to get to the scorer. I understand the rule :D

The guy heading it is further advanced than the goal scorer, just, and the ball travels slightly backwards to get to the scorer. I understand the rule :D
The scorers foot was offside, it was slightly ahead of the ball and his team mate when it was headed to him.

No linesman is going to see that but VAR would definitely have chopped that goal off.

The scorers foot was offside, it was slightly ahead of the ball and his team mate when it was headed to him.

No linesman is going to see that but VAR would definitely have chopped that goal off.
Can you show a still of that? The sportscene highlights, particularly the last one, show the guy heading the ball to him had stepped a fair bit beyond the scorer when he headered it over. If there is a shot showing his foot offside, fair enough, and I kind of hope he was offside just to increase the seethe.

Edit just to add, the sportscene freeze frame looks offside, but that is because the guy heading the ball is in the air and the other guy has his foot planted. When you take perspective into account he as a good 6 inches onside.

Several posters on here say that VAR will be controlled by their "rhefs".

But if everything is out in the open, cameras and replays are looking (and not just at the behest of Sky Sports directors), then more things will be scrutanised.

And we have been shafted without VAR domestically more time than they have with their diving / offside goals / off the ball incidents.

VAR may have disallowed a goal today, but I am looking forward to it being introduced. Yes, it may give handballs in the box against us and legitimate red cards... but it is going to %^*& them over more. No wonder Jota was moaning like a bitch about it.

Can you show a still of that? The sportscene highlights, particularly the last one, show the guy heading the ball to him had stepped a fair bit beyond the scorer when he headered it over. If there is a shot showing his foot offside, fair enough, and I kind of hope he was offside just to increase the seethe.

Edit just to add, the sportscene freeze frame looks offside, but that is because the guy heading the ball is in the air and the other guy has his foot planted. When you take perspective into account he as a good 6 inches onside.
I have only seen a quick freeze when I seen the highlights earlier. To me it looked like his left foot is beyond the ball so would be offside. Could be wrong as angles are never bang on.

I still prefer the idea that it was offside and they have been done by lack of VAR. Makes it feel a bit sweeter.

Several posters on here say that VAR will be controlled by their "rhefs".

But if everything is out in the open, cameras and replays are looking (and not just at the behest of Sky Sports directors), then more things will be scrutanised.

And we have been shafted without VAR domestically more time than they have with their diving / offside goals / off the ball incidents.

VAR may have disallowed a goal today, but I am looking forward to it being introduced. Yes, it may give handballs in the box against us and legitimate red cards... but it is going to %^*& them over more. No wonder Jota was moaning like a bitch about it.
Oh 100% I want VAR. Offsides are pretty much a fact and not opinion when it comes to VAR, especially this new system that is being used in the Champions League.

It’s red card and penalty decisions that will still have people debating as it’s still the same poor officials making the call based on their opinion.

Oh 100% I want VAR. Offsides are pretty much a fact and not opinion when it comes to VAR, especially this new system that is being used in the Champions League.

It’s red card and penalty decisions that will still have people debating as it’s still the same poor officials making the call based on their opinion.

Yeah, the offside ones (if there is enough cameras) are usually factual. And they can be frustrating when it is the attackers toenail offside.

But that lot seem to have a player offside at several points in a game who they claim (sometimes correctly) isn't interfering with play.

Problem is, our linesmen are slow and can't keep up so don't know if the person receiving the ball is onside or not, because they are too busy focussed on the other player "not offside".

The image sportscene showed wasn't conclusive for offside at all. Image at and angle to the play and Main was off the ground as well so you can't really see who's foot was further ahead

Michael Stewart said offside though, that the line shows its even though the line was miles away from the offending feet.

The image sportscene showed wasn't conclusive for offside at all. Image at and angle to the play and Main was off the ground as well so you can't really see who's foot was further ahead

Michael Stewart said offside though, that the line shows its even though the line was miles away from the offending feet.
It doesn’t matter if his foot was ahead of Main. It’s the ball that matters. To me it looked like his foot was ahead of the ball when it is headed. Like I said though the angles we get in Scottish football are never clear.

Back