A new Rangers bar opened up in Paisley (Inn on the corner)

I'm in Penilee so it's only a 10 min bus ride away. Would like to help support the place if it's trying to build a 'Gers customer base. For away game days / nights anyway. I cannot watch us in mixed company. I just don't do it. Saturday was a good start I thought. Might not be so well attended midweek mind you. I'll definitely go along though.

Was past earlier and not open. Hopefully open tomorrow but it’ll be the house for me. Got to batter in to work this week after taking it easy recently
I’ve not seen it open Mon-Wed yet, maybe that will change with us being in Europe.

Enjoy work B-D

I have said a few times on here I hope they are very successful and I also hope the Paisley Bears support them, we can't have too many of our own pubs
So why not just say that then leave it at that instead of saying they can’t be a proper rangers pub if they don’t have memorabilia? I doubt it’s going to impact on your pub in any way so why not just leave us Paisley people to decide on it.

Davie Hay and Peter Rafferty were in Websters a few times to meet their mate who worked behind bar. Wonder if Big Marshall would have welcomed those two into The Louden

We did draw the line at that mentally challenged bastard Mick McMenenmy
Grew up round the corner from that fat fuk McMenenmy and he was always getting second prizes
His old man was even worse and would often get it on his return from the St Peters club if singing his rebel nonsense

So why not just say that then leave it at that instead of saying they can’t be a proper rangers pub if they don’t have memorabilia? I doubt it’s going to impact on your pub in any way so why not just leave us Paisley people to decide on it.
Castle st often gets vandalised by that mob so a fully themed Rangers pub would be a constant target for them these days

Was in today 100% Rangers friendly. :cool:
I was in as well. I was the one whose Mrs phoned and had to take call outside just as Lawrence scored second . Did give the motorists sitting Al lights as I celebrated the goal

Reactions: SSR
Grew up round the corner from that fat fuk McMenenmy and he was always getting second prizes
His old man was even worse and would often get it on his return from the St Peters club if singing his rebel nonsense
Stayed very near the McMenemys, never heard his old man singing rebel tunes at any time

Seems like they don't even advertise as a Rangers pub. Is he wrong? Lots of people saying as much and calling him a prick. Usual pile on.

FS its worse than tim on tim in here about what is a "Rangers Bar".
It is advertised as a Rangers friendly bar. There is no memorabilia in it. The guy has a business to run and given Paisley supports at least 3 teams, he's being very sensible i'd say, in not wanting to alienate people.
Stevie, the owner, is a massive Rangers man and well known to many on here.

FS its worse than tim on tim in here about what is a "Rangers Bar".
It is advertised as a Rangers friendly bar. There is no memorabilia in it. The guy has a business to run and given Paisley supports at least 3 teams, he's being very sensible i'd say, in not wanting to alienate people.
Stevie, the owner, is a massive Rangers man and well known to many on here.

I am looking forward to going in and can't wait to wish Stevie good luck in his venture.

Being rangers friendly and not with all the memorabilia on the wall suits me, as I would rather the bar be in the town longer term.

If you want a pure rangers bar, WRC or the Louden will be your best bet.

Seems like they don't even advertise as a Rangers pub. Is he wrong? Lots of people saying as much and calling him a prick. Usual pile on.
You can't run a pub based on 30 - 40 days a year. In order to be successful, they will need to broaden their business beyond football, that's how the Savillite pubs in the merchant city have been able to succeed as they can cater for gigs, people having food and drink during their lunch break and after work as well as general social drinkers on non-football days.

The "Rangers decor" can be something as subtle as royal blue carpets or tiles.

Last edited:
Time ran away from me and I couldn't make it tonight. I'd've missed too much of the 1st half. Enjoy, and come on the Rangers!

I was in as well. I was the one whose Mrs phoned and had to take call outside just as Lawrence scored second . Did give the motorists sitting Al lights as I celebrated the goal
Arrived late and was table down the front..
Sore neck.. :))

Looks like it’s shut already.

Didn’t last long.
There was trouble after Old Firm game. mentally challengeds from The Wellington tried to get into pub. Usual mentally challenged nonsense. Wee boys got chased up the street and doors of Inn were shut. mentally challengeds came back down and battered a couple of old men one was 64 ffs. Police were there in minutes and shut off Causeyside street

Was hoping he’d keep it open to give it a chance but he’s decided to close as it wasn’t making the money outside matchday and probably not worth the hassle

There was trouble after Old Firm game. mentally challengeds from The Wellington tried to get into pub. Usual mentally challenged nonsense. Wee boys got chased up the street and doors of Inn were shut. mentally challengeds came back down and battered a couple of old men one was 64 ffs. Police were there in minutes and shut off Causeyside street

Was hoping he’d keep it open to give it a chance but he’s decided to close as it wasn’t making the money outside matchday and probably not worth the hassle

Yeah saw the videos of it, shame if that’s played a part in it closing so soon. There’s around 12 pubs on that street alone though so it’s a hard gig.

We ll be going back to Craig Dhu for our games which will be fun being so close to Wellington

Disappointing to hear that. Just shows what a hard game it is. I'd only managed in twice for a couple of away games but had intended to use it more regularly going forward.

That's a shame it didn't last very long. Be good if it reopens still as a Rangers pub and doesn't go back to being one of theirs.

We don’t support our pubs in the way they do.

The difference there is their pubs are clearly for them, this sort of pub was just a normal pub that showed our games, you have to go all out with memorabilia etc if you want to be a proper Rangers pub.

That’s a shame. I do get the point that we don’t use them the way they do.

Only have to take one look up the Merchant City for example at that one just off Argyle St. They seem to host gigs and such.

Auctioneers maybe as close as we get in the City Centre.

Back